roberto wrote:
jules72 wrote:

blah blah blah something the bbc said blah blah blah

Spot on son

Au contraire Bob...au contraire... independent thought. Anyway, to beef up your analysis can you provide a table of cost efficiency of public sector railways across Europe...you cant just pick out Switzerland - we need a broader selection of data to make an informed judgement. Thanks

The Tory manifesto seems to match Corbyn's proposed increased expenditure on the NHS. And while it might be empty rhetoric, she is making a strong grab for the political middle ground. Like her or not, May is an infinitely superior politician to Comrade Corbyn.

Grant wrote:

as long as it's spent well.

smile that being the problem

He means marginal tax rate

roberto wrote:

mate - you need to read around a bit more. There's not much point having a discussion about things if you can only reel off bloke-down-pub shite and/or the current plethora of right leaning media outlets. Cheers.

I now know where to come if I need to know more about Swiss Railways...lol

Grant wrote:

How am I gullible?  Are you assuming I support Corbyn, Labour and their manifesto?  Thought so.  I'm just advocating tax increases for the greater good - I'm not suggesting astronomical tax increases either.  We could do with sorting out corporation tax, closing loopholes and having a much more effective method of collection.

There are many problems in this country, not just the NHS - the whole infrastructure is fucked and needs massive investment.  We certainly don't need tax cuts.

Fair enough though my point still stands that the pressure would still be for further tax hikes... particularly as the population ages. And yes, corporates take the piss. Closing loopholes and more effective tax collection though doesnt typically in practice raise much additional revenue.

roberto wrote:

Why would you try to take lessons from the 70s or failed communism states?

Because thats where Corbyn would take us...we are not talking about a moderate socialist like Milliband here. Its very reactive to believe that reverting back to a model that failed miserably in 70s would be the solution to our current problems. There is a squeeze on public finances..so what do you do - implement an inefficient public sector model that would suck up even more money?

When the demographics worsen in this country over the next 20 years and more money is required to treat the significantly larger numbers of old people, where might tax rates be at that stage? We would be doing an enormous disservice to the next generation by loosening the purse strings now.

Not sure about Dutch fuel, but Switzerland is a considerably richer country so is in a position to offer a well-functioning railway. And as you say we always fuck it up - what makes you think that will change?!

Grant wrote:

Lay off the hyperbole, you sound like a Daily Mail-reading bell-end. Increasing taxation doesn't mean it had to go up to 60% - 5% for earnings over £60k isn't going to kill anyone, but can make a massive difference. Please drop the scrounger routine an all, it's inaccurate and a little pathetic.

5bn gbp on the NHS (approx a sixteenth of current expenditures) is going to make bugger all noticeable difference...which is why tax hikes wouldnt stop at 5%... you are highly gullible arent you?

Well you tell me what an appropriate top rate of tax should be Grant...because much above current rates, if you handing over say 60% of your income to the government to pay the wages of bone idle people in public services (im not saying all but there are a lot of them)...why would anyone bother working at that point?

Roberto, so umm, what you suggesting: that companies are nationalised? Care to draw any lessons from the 70s in this country or the Communist era in E Europe? State ownership doesnt do a very good job of service provision either...which was exactly why the Conservatives AND Labour went down the privatisation route.

Despite the Comrade's ranting on about the NHS over the years, how much does he propose contributing? 5bn GBP! That's a quarter of a percent of GDP.... nothing. You can be rest assured that if Labour came to power, the tax increases talked about above would only be the start.

steelydan wrote:
jules72 wrote:
steelydan wrote:

When did an Alien film ever get 10/10.

Undoubtedly going to be in the minority with that view Dan...

Oh...


are we still friends?

Xxx

steelydan wrote:

When did an Alien film ever get 10/10.

Undoubtedly going to be in the minority with that view Dan...

Boring wrote:

"pro-business"

Lol

roberto wrote:
monostereo wrote:
digitalfix wrote:

Are there any groups left that the Tories haven't managed to piss off?
How the fuck are they still on course for a landslide?

Because Corbyn.

fixed...

Fixed back. Latest brilliant idea (ok its actually an old one) of Comrade Corbyn - impose a Robin Hood tax on banks, with 0.5% on derivative transactions. And, oh, banks won't move elsewhere will they... just like the Rich wouldn't move if taxes were hiked much above current levels. Fucking clueless...fantasy economic management.

Alien Convenant 7.5/10...  entertaining although not exactly original. Very predictable ending.

16

(39,044 replies, posted in General Bedrock Discussion)

fadass wrote:

I must say that this fucking games away & Jose acting like it's not important is not the United way as far as I'm concerned.

His not putting out his strongest team against Arsenal last Sunday was bloody idiotic... 4th was still up for grabs and he handed the game to the Gooners on a plate.

Like the way he has edited out the "Music is the Answer" bit out of the last track....and turns it into a beautiful ending with it.

18

(13 replies, posted in Mixes & Free Downloads)

Simon's latest is immense....

https://soundcloud.com/simonlangham/sim … 017parttwo

The music on fifa 2017 is really good...and a top game too - football games have moved on a bit since kick off lol. There is some sort of computerised crack in these games - has to be.

roberto wrote:
jules72 wrote:
monostereo wrote:

I don't think anyone here fundamentally disagrees with Corbyn's general outlook.

Outlook being if you work hard you will be paying for people to sit on their arse and do fck all. Corbyn's policies are rooted in fantasy. Imagine taxes are increased to 80% on the rich. Guess what will happen - they will either leave the country or not bother working... the idea that the wealthy can be tapped in this way to finance a bottomless well of public sector inefficiency is total horse manure.

Really? Come on Jules - That's your take on it is it? Read any further than a headline whilst you ran past the news stand?

I'm not a labour supporter myself, but if you actually read the Labour pledges at present, they are perfectly reasonable and most likely what a lot of people would agree with. But.... no one reads them! They just rely on second hand info from soundbites, headlines and mates sharing shit on FB. Democracy eh? It would work I'm sure if 99.9999% of people didn't have a fucking clue what they were voting for.


Of course it is perfectly reasonable to want to put more money into the NHS and education particularly. But what does the Labour manifesto say, precisely, about funding all the promises? Must be very vague right because I haven't seen exact proposals. The top rates of taxes in this country are high enough at 45%.... start to move up from there and any expected revenue will likely fail to materialise. Move corporation taxes up and corporates will bugger off - we will find it tough enough to retain them as we go into Brexit. etc etc....

monostereo wrote:

I don't think anyone here fundamentally disagrees with Corbyn's general outlook.

Outlook being if you work hard you will be paying for people to sit on their arse and do fck all. Corbyn's policies are rooted in fantasy. Imagine taxes are increased to 80% on the rich. Guess what will happen - they will either leave the country or not bother working... the idea that the wealthy can be tapped in this way to finance a bottomless well of public sector inefficiency is total horse manure.

22

(2,732 replies, posted in General Bedrock Discussion)

Slabs wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

still not been able to obtain Gommarah. The means I would normally use for such things doesn't seem to yield the desired results.

Probably bc you spell it wrong ya donut.

Lol....think Slabs is on to something here

23

(13 replies, posted in Mixes & Free Downloads)

Simon is a phenomenal DJ - Diggers should be giving him a chance on Transitions. Made some of my favourite mixes of the year so far, but this ADID-type sound....meeeh.... you're all welcome to your own tastes, but not for me - very dull to my ears. Very well put together mind.

Grant wrote:
jules72 wrote:
Henry Rindhoops wrote:

And if you caught the delight of the Maybot in full flow yesterday, please tell me that you don't fall into the demographic of the party faithful in the background:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/15DF6/production/_95709598_3ef41844-3062-421e-a7b2-2908aa0db3b8.jpg

I don't mean to have a pop, btw. Because I think from your board bants you are a decent chap and I like reading your posts. I just don't understand why anyone would want to vote Tory if they genuinely care about the way the country is going .

How would you fix things Henry without raising higher bracket taxes to 80-90% of income (which means the govt would lose those revenues in the end because who would bother working hard) and doubling NHS expenditure to an American 17% of gdp sort of level? Easy to lament the problems, much harder to come up with solutions that actually work. Yes Im a Tory voter because I work hard and dont want it to finance people sitting on their arse.

The Torys could start by not trying to cut fucking taxes at the drop of a hat, don't you think?

Which taxes have they been cutting? Anyway, as per a comment above, because of the demographics in this and most other developed countries, we are all screwed whether its labour, liberal or conservative.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

And if you caught the delight of the Maybot in full flow yesterday, please tell me that you don't fall into the demographic of the party faithful in the background:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/15DF6/production/_95709598_3ef41844-3062-421e-a7b2-2908aa0db3b8.jpg

I don't mean to have a pop, btw. Because I think from your board bants you are a decent chap and I like reading your posts. I just don't understand why anyone would want to vote Tory if they genuinely care about the way the country is going .

How would you fix things Henry without raising higher bracket taxes to 80-90% of income (which means the govt would lose those revenues in the end because who would bother working hard) and doubling NHS expenditure to an American 17% of gdp sort of level? Easy to lament the problems, much harder to come up with solutions that actually work. Yes Im a Tory voter because I work hard and dont want it to finance people sitting on their arse.