way too young... one of my most favourite djs. His Soul:ution nights up in Manc were a perfect example of a small, friendly, long running residence.

Gutting sad
RIP fella

2

(181 replies, posted in General Bedrock Discussion)

spinnerlg wrote:
Dermatron wrote:
spinnerlg wrote:

Dermo.. the vid I posted was the only one I could find at the time that had Charlie doing the keyboards solo at the end. Unf you can't really see him. SimonR is correct in how they were lined up on stage. Dave Gardner I don't think had any keyboards from where I was sat... could be wrong.


Cheers mate. Think I can close the enquiry now.

Shit the bed... I've managed the impossible!

lol

3

(29 replies, posted in General Bedrock Discussion)

such a tune!

4

(68 replies, posted in General Bedrock Discussion)

Yant wrote:

Today is just getting worse and worse.

sad

yes yant, an 89 year old man dying of old age is really taking us to a worse place?!?

this is grim news. young uns and their families... rip sad

I think you need to go to the doctors mate...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BS4H2LRhpfh/

Amps wrote:

Yeah, they're not the most durable, but I'm sure I can keep them tidy... I'll only be going the boozer in them.

should look great with piss and 'bab all over them...

8

(181 replies, posted in General Bedrock Discussion)

Dermatron wrote:

Still all looks a bit Oaky/Pete Tong'esque. Obvs it was a good craic an all but wasn't really anything new was it now?

Derms absolutely smarting he couldn't get along!!

(as am I!)

Grant wrote:
roberto wrote:
Grant wrote:

You're missing my point. Why should someone pay less income tax just because they're self-employed?

they need some sort of incentive to take the risk of exposing themselves in the market. They are at once the employer and the employee. They have no benefits nor protection unless they pay for it. It just doesn't make sense to go that route unless there is some relaxation of the rates that they have to pay. Stating, with a sweep of the arm, that all tradies fiddle the system is missing the point. You'll find that people in the private sector return to work after illness (if they take sick at all) a lot quicker than those in big corps.

People, generally, are trying to work hard and make a living. To sit there and pick over what others get / don't get when it actually works ok (imo) is a sad and bad trait of today. People fucking hate others making it good, that's what "Great" Britain stands for now....lovely bunch of twats we are.

I get all that Roberto, but it's not even close, is it? I'm not putting the boot into people that run their own businesses quite as much as contractors, but when someone is paying a tiny amount of tax and putting normal living expenses through, it annoys me. I also get it's a risk running your own business, but it's a risk an individual makes a choice on and there can be massive rewards.

I've got two mates who are contractors and it's almost funny watching the cunts fight over who takes the receipt at the end of a meal so that one of them can offset it against tax.

Your examples are of people breaking the rules.

dufunk probably wrote:

http://www.doseoffunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/bad-tattoos-spelling-3.jpg

Grant wrote:
roberto wrote:
Grant wrote:

I agree with that.  The Tories attempted to change it a bit, but that fucked up.

The self-employed should pay less tax because they're taking a risk and creating jobs and wealth is a very common argument.  Everyone seems to conveniently forget the capital they're building at the same time.  Everyone should pay the same level of tax as people in the same salary bracket.


Yeah, fuck off any sole traders - more power to the corps!

You're missing my point. Why should someone pay less income tax just because they're self-employed?

they need some sort of incentive to take the risk of exposing themselves in the market. They are at once the employer and the employee. They have no benefits nor protection unless they pay for it. It just doesn't make sense to go that route unless there is some relaxation of the rates that they have to pay. Stating, with a sweep of the arm, that all tradies fiddle the system is missing the point. You'll find that people in the private sector return to work after illness (if they take sick at all) a lot quicker than those in big corps.

People, generally, are trying to work hard and make a living. To sit there and pick over what others get / don't get when it actually works ok (imo) is a sad and bad trait of today. People fucking hate others making it good, that's what "Great" Britain stands for now....lovely bunch of twats we are.

seanc80 wrote:

that's the stripper sorted

They do stag do's different round my way...

Grant wrote:
benson wrote:

It is an honour to pay Grant. Proud of my contribution to a fairer society.

But many others do not feel the same.

Many of the 'allowances' described above are in fact, not allowable but people just bung them in. People on PAYE are just as susceptible to that.

I agree with that.  The Tories attempted to change it a bit, but that fucked up.

The self-employed should pay less tax because they're taking a risk and creating jobs and wealth is a very common argument.  Everyone seems to conveniently forget the capital they're building at the same time.  Everyone should pay the same level of tax as people in the same salary bracket.


Yeah, fuck off any sole traders - more power to the corps!

jules72 wrote:

blah blah blah something the bbc said blah blah blah

Spot on son

15

(3,529 replies, posted in General Bedrock Discussion)

millsy23 wrote:

will be a wonderful car crash of a visit with Trump at the podium telling assembled muslims that he's a massive fan of Allah 'he's a good guy...really, a fantastic guy' and telling them interesting facts such as 'did you know that oil is the mid east's biggest export? I didn't know that. Really. Didn't know that....and that's in terms of value.' then a long story about he loved Sinbad the Sailor as a kid and could anyone sell him a monkey?

LOL

Thought Judi Dench was excellent in Downfall

tbt

damn,,, 52 is no age. Wonderful vocalist.

jules72 wrote:
roberto wrote:

Why would you try to take lessons from the 70s or failed communism states?

Because thats where Corbyn would take us...we are not talking about a moderate socialist like Milliband here. Its very reactive to believe that reverting back to a model that failed miserably in 70s would be the solution to our current problems. There is a squeeze on public finances..so what do you do - implement an inefficient public sector model that would suck up even more money?

When the demographics worsen in this country over the next 20 years and more money is required to treat the significantly larger numbers of old people, where might tax rates be at that stage? We would be doing an enormous disservice to the next generation by loosening the purse strings now.

Not sure about Dutch fuel, but Switzerland is a considerably richer country so is in a position to offer a well-functioning railway. And as you say we always fuck it up - what makes you think that will change?!

mate - you need to read around a bit more. There's not much point having a discussion about things if you can only reel off bloke-down-pub shite and/or the current plethora of right leaning media outlets. Cheers.

jules72 wrote:

Well you tell me what an appropriate top rate of tax should be Grant...because much above current rates, if you handing over say 60% of your income to the government to pay the wages of bone idle people in public services (im not saying all but there are a lot of them)...why would anyone bother working at that point?

Roberto, so umm, what you suggesting: that companies are nationalised? Care to draw any lessons from the 70s in this country or the Communist era in E Europe? State ownership doesnt do a very good job of service provision either...which was exactly why the Conservatives AND Labour went down the privatisation route.

Why would you try to take lessons from the 70s or failed communism states? Just look across the channel to see it working mate. Holland's fuel, Swiss trains for example. And any of the Nordic lot... state ownership works tickedy boo in these countries. We just consistently fuck it up.

jules72 wrote:

Despite the Comrade's ranting on about the NHS over the years, how much does he propose contributing? 5bn GBP! That's a quarter of a percent of GDP.... nothing. You can be rest assured that if Labour came to power, the tax increases talked about above would only be the start.

better to cut services and privatise everything then?

jules72 wrote:
roberto wrote:
monostereo wrote:

Because Corbyn.

fixed...

Fixed back. Latest brilliant idea (ok its actually an old one) of Comrade Corbyn - impose a Robin Hood tax on banks, with 0.5% on derivative transactions. And, oh, banks won't move elsewhere will they... just like the Rich wouldn't move if taxes were hiked much above current levels. Fucking clueless...fantasy economic management.

The irony of someone fixing back "Media" and going on to label Corbyn Comrade. Thanks for illustrating my point so perfectly.

monostereo wrote:
digitalfix wrote:

Are there any groups left that the Tories haven't managed to piss off?
How the fuck are they still on course for a landslide?

Because Media.

fixed...

Clips of HiFi Sean's - FT Excursions....

all killer, no filler and right up yous lots strasses. Can't recommend it enough.

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/hifi-sea … 646036-01/

anyone know if HiFi Sean's remix album, ft excursions, is out digi? It was a record-store day release...