- Early tracks/remixes before I was old enough to get into decent clubs. Higher Ground and Alright spring to mind.
-Mix Tapes. A medium now somewhat lost in time. The Eclipse/Chuff Chuff / Bangkok ones were the nuts.
- All the above coupled with no shows at various gigs in the mid 90s made him somewhat of an enigma. The times I made it to nights like Babealiscous or Southern Exposure in Brighton he sometimes never showed up. Making it an even bigger result when he did.
- Music with actual vocals in it which decent birds liked.
- BT era. When everything was getting a bit too pumping (ouch records/tidy/tripoli etc) this sound was like a breath of fresh air. Got a bit too much by the end ( essential mix cd when he only had something like 5 tracks on a 75 min mix ) but at the time was superb.
-Fcker nobbing off to Twilo just when I was outa Uni and beginning to earn enough poke to get around to see all the DJs I wanted. Adding to the enigma vibe.
- Quality Steve Hilliage up until around 98/99
- Prepared to reinvent his sound over the years but still keeping overall ethereal undercurrent of his sets. True he plays some poo, but don't we all sometimes.