Agreed, it's a great season so far, especially for the neutral. No coincidence that Utd are way out of it.
I would love to play against Martin Skrtel. He'd either pass the ball to you in front of an open goal, haul you down for a penalty or score you an OG.
As simon mentioned we are all over the place at the back, shambolic. Thank God we are decent going forward!
Re: The Most God Awful Dance Comp CD In Your Collection (82 replies, posted in General Bedrock Discussion)
Two that spring to mind:
Steve Lawler Toronto
Anthony Pappa - Moments 2
Both sounded like it was the same bleepy loop on repeat for 70+ minutes. Shocking efforts.
Also agree on Creamer & K's Bedrock effort, utterly terrible.
Payback for the wurzels.
I'm on first name terms with The Wurzels
Is that the worst klang ever?!
He took great offence when the BBC interviewer asked if he had thought about getting a job.
'I am a freelance entrepreneur you know, but that doesnt mean I have cash'
Then he says he didnt eat the cooked food he was served in the cells as it was too salty!
Good semi final between alan 'chuck' norris and jan 'double 'dekker and a decent final, with skip raider steve bunting the deserved winner (who btw walks on to 'bullet from a gun'@planet perfecto).
ETC rating 5/10 overall.
cant see bobby george being alive for next years finals, my scientific analysis is that he's basically fucked.
wheezing ,coughing and going down avenues as varied as sheep farming and the european union.
Colin murray veneer of polished performer ,with new kraftwerk haircut ,was tarnished somewhat by his skit on the psychology of slow play with walking corpse george.
(fkn painful to watch).
presented like focault analysing the deviance theory in a channel 4s 'after dark' backdrop. All that was missing was shami chakrabarti and thomas hitzlebummer to nod
appreciately or stoke their chins to acknowledge this showroom dummies words of wisdom.
interesting fact, or not. Viewing figures show that More people saw the womans BDO final Than the PDC mens final.
RIP Phil nixon, thanks for the 2007 final mate..
Agreed on George - he's the strangest shaped person I've ever seen, he looks like the top half of Frankenstein's monster. And his suit/shirt combo tonight? Woeful.
The whole thing is brilliant viewing all in all!
So it's all over for another year. Bunting a worthy winner IMO. On the biggest night of his life, his missus rocks up wearing a Donnay trackie top knowing the cameras will be on her!
Love watching the BDO precisely because it's so bad. The odds on the reigning champiuon getting knocked out the following year early on must be so short every year, it seems like any old volunteer can get quite far in it.
That Adams video you posted was quality - 27 darts to finish a 501 game LOL!
I'm off to Chelsea v Liverpool tomorrow.
Will give an honest insight into how both teams performed after the game.
Hold tight for feedback.
Just got my ticket through for the Liverpool end, hoping for a good result. Not been to Stamford Bridge before, hope the atmosphere is good.
I only picked it up recently and realise it's from 2012 but Guy Gerber's Fabric was awesome, one of the best cd's I've heard in years.
I also picked up Seaman's Selador comp, Francois K Renaissance, Radioslave Balance, Tiefschwarz Renaissance, Digweed Slovenia, Anjunadeep 5, Guy J Balance and Involver 3
Involver 3, Guy J and Tiefschwarz cd's were terrible; the others were ok but nothing memorable
High hopes for Argentina next week
1. Terranova - Painkiller - Michael Mayer Mix
2. Mama-Don't Stop The Beat - Tiefschwarz Remix
3. Jacob Phono & Jens Bond - I Stay
4. Jacob Phono & Jens Bond - Lick Your Brains
5. Jimpster - Brought To Bare ft. Jonatan Bäckelie - Deetron Remix
6. Fairmont - Lie To Me.
7. Mario Aureo & Manuel Moreno - Arosis - Sebo Remix
8. Dubb Disko - Please Don’t Go
9. Vinayak A - Set Her Free - Martin Buttrich Remix
10. SuSoul - Cosmic Theater - Pete Herbert Remix
11. Leave - No Doubt - Lopazz Remix
12. Paul C & Paolo Martini - The Race feat. Mousse T
13. Coma - Les Dilettantes - Roosevelt Mix
1. Le Carousel - Stick Together - Phil Kieran Remix
2. Our Loving Sun - To Disappear - Ripperton Remix
3. Paul C & Paolo Martini - Red Swan
4. Martin Buttrich & Mousse T. - Sunseeker
5. Jagwar Ma - Come Save Me - The Pachanga Boys' Jagwar Pawar Version
6. H.O.S.H. - Dancer
7. Traumer - Sofa
8. Martin Buttrich & Davide Squillace - BCN Motion
9. Oscar Barila & Sergio Parrado - Redemption
10. Deetron feat. Ben Westbeech - Rhythm - Instrumental Mix
11. Deetron feat. Ben Westbeech - Rhythm
12. Rebelski - The Rift Valley (Lee Van Dowski Binary Re-Up Mix)
1. Dan Curtin - Got Me Somethin
2. Funk D'Void - Lambo PM
3. Dia - Sights
4. Marst - Control Room
5. The Japanese Popstars - Pump Power - Marino Canal Remix
6. Nick Curly - When The Wild Horse
7. Tiga VS Audion - Let's Go Dancing
8. Satoshi Fumi - The Messenger - Ian O’Donovan Remix
9. The Japanese Popstars - Out of Nowhere - The Japanese Popstars Remix
10. Slam - Eterna - John Digweed & Nick Muir Remix
11. Daniel Dexter - Why So Serious? - Uner Remix
12. John Digweed & Nick Muir Versus Ian O'Donovan - Dawnbreaker
13. John Digweed & Nick Muir Versus Carlo Lio - Infinity Road
14. Alex Niggemann - Tangram (The Bright End)
1. Adam Beyer & Ida Engberg - You Know
2. Deetron - Character Beats
3. Breccia - Indigo
4. Amir - Katatonisch - Butch Remix
5. Sebastian Markiewicz - Fibre - Phil Kieran Remix
6. Aidan Lavelle - Issues
7. Aidan Lavelle - Direction
8. Nuno dos Santos - Mon Toy - Gregor Tresher Remix
9. John Digweed & Nick Muir Versus Jamie Stevens - Prism
10. Pele & Shawnecy - Roach Hotel
11. Carlo Lio & Harvey McKay - Fuck Jack
12. The Advent - Disco Diva - Uto Karem Remix
13. Arjun Vagale - Kempai - Jon Rundell Remix
14. Harvey McKay - Push It
4 x CDs from Rosario according to the Bedrock facebook page.
Out Dec 9th
Not a fan of Mourinho and the obsession that the media seems to have with him, but glad he called out Redknapp live on TV. All this pre/mid/post match analysis is ridiculous and is proving a real turn off
Few hours into it now and it is just incredible in every aspect. The sheer size of the map, the radio stations (especially the pop channel with the 80s tracks on), the graphics, the driving, shooting. Easily going to be the best game I've ever played. Story is also top notch so far.
In response to the original poster, you needed to have backed the project financially by paying a minimum of £12 to get a signed copy of the CD. If you paid more you would have got more e.g. entrance to his gigs, dj lessons etc.
I got the CD last week and if I'm honest it is a slight let down. I'm a big fan of Dave's CDs, but as mentioned above, they can be hit or miss - his GU Cape Town is excellent, whereas his Therapy Sessions 3 wasnt all that IMO
There are a few good parts on the Selador comp, and the mixing/programming is impeccable of course, but it feels very much like his Lithuania release, which I didnt enjoy.
His Therapy radio show is usually top class though!
Only played it for an hour but can already see that this is pretty bloody special. Can't say exactly why really, but it has slight improvements on GTA4 (which I thought was amazing anyway) and I can see that I'm going to have months of fun with this. Rockstar really do push the boat out on their games don't they?
Really looking forward to GTA5 this week, all of the trailers look brilliant and I've been a fan of the series since Vice City. Rockstar are just so good at making games - the GTA's, Red Dead and Max Payne all got multiple gaming use from me.
The only drawback from the GTA4 game was the radio stations, which were a bit too 'gangsta' for me (and the Francois K station wasnt the best either). Hope there is an improvement on GTA5
Robocop is a brilliant film, so many catchphrases and funny moments
Murphy getting killed is pretty grim IMO; and agree that Boddicker is a great baddie
Liverpool's pre season form = very good
Utd's pre-season form = patchy at best
We'll still be at least 20 points behind them this season
Just dug my 1210s out of storage after about 7 years and have had great fun mucking about on them. To answer the original question of the topic, I was never really that good at dj'ing, probably about a 3 or 4 but I was fortunate enough to play out a handful of times back in 2002 isj.
One thing that I never really looked into back then was exactly how all the equipment worked i.e. all the buttons on the mixer, the anti-skating thing on the turntables. Anyone know of a decent manual or website that explains all that stuff in detail? All I'm doing at the moment is basic beat matching of tracks.
Re: Big tracks (for you) that didn't get played out by the big names (30 replies, posted in General Bedrock Discussion)
Phil Opian wrote:
Tall Paul? LOL
With all due respect Edward that's the kind of information you would keep to your self. Your musical heritage is now thrown into question.
That was back in 1998 chief.
He absolutely smashed it that night tbf.
Tall Paul was a decent dj back in those days
Let's be honest lads, no matter what the club, Rodgers or Suarez say or do they won't be able to win with you lot, you'd always find something to moan about!
Spearing started the FA Cup Final in 2012. No wonder we lost. Proof there is hope for any bang average footballer out there!
Re: Maybe the worst track by a seasoned producer ive ever heard.... (38 replies, posted in General Bedrock Discussion)
Always struggled to understand the popularity of the Chemical Brothers. Can't recall liking one of their original tunes or remixes