Topic: mpm (washington dc) - demo mix cd

hey

i'm a dj in washington dc by the name of MPM

just finished my new demo in late august.  would love to send it out to anyone who would like a copy.  i'm looking for representation, management, gigs, etc.

here's a tracklist:

sasha - boileroom
bermuda triangle - mooger fooger
shmuel flash - chilling moments (bedrock vocal)
chris coco - only love (andy morris mix)
peace division - do you see me (original mix)
pete lazonby - wavespeech (parks & wilson rmx)
envelop - say her name (mark shimmon rmx)
dark suite - dark sweet piano (wally lopez mix)
echomen - truth (weekend world mix)
sasha - golden arm
james holden - i have put out the light

if you guys email me your address i'd be happy to ship one out to ya.  also if you know anyone who you might want to give it to (if you like it) i can send more.

MPM

Re: mpm (washington dc) - demo mix cd

MPM

A little word of advice. Cut down on the big tunage. Everybody will have those records and unfortunatly tracklisting goes a long way when it comes to dishing out promo's etc.

It may well be excellently mixed etc, but people wont neccesarily give it a listen because of the amount of well know tunes on there.

This is only a piece of constructive criticism on the tracklisting alone. Dont take it as a slagging off.

Good luck. big_smile

Prog God

thanks for the input Dan, i appreciate it.  like i said in my email to you, i dont have access to many promos or tp's, like the bigger djs do, and even the promos i do get from hooj take weeks to get here...this tracklisting was compiled in early august, when most of the songs were still relatively fresh...i know they're huge and have been for a while now, but they felt the best when putting the cd together, and i really feel the way in which i mixed them adds a lot to the mix, where most of my transitions are 2+ minutes at least.  anyway, thanks for the address, i'll send your copy out tomorrow

mike

MPM

hey last call for anyone wanting a copy of this disc.  just email me your address and i'll send one out.  i'm about to start a new demo so this one will be history.  don't be shy!   lol thanks.

MPM

thanks for the input Dan, i appreciate it.  like i said in my email to you, i dont have access to many promos or tp's, like the bigger djs do, and even the promos i do get from hooj take weeks to get here...

This was sort of what I was trying to explain to Hadfield a couple of days ago. The big DJ`s get the new tracks before we mere mortals do and so have already killed a tune before we can stick it on our CD`s. Also, you buy these tunes as its the ones you know so are safer. For someone on a small budget (eg - me) you go for the stuff you know will work. Very difficult to find a new choon before Diggers/Sasha/Tong have pounced on it.