Topic: Question re: 'FIRE'

Is Rui de Silva's 'FIRE' on the 4 Elements EP?  and/or has it been released/still to be released?

Sioux big_smile

Re: Question re: 'FIRE'

Rob Duffy is the resident 'Fire' expert wink

Shake your shammy like a bitch on heat!

I did see it released on it's own a while ago , only promo though..

Juno.co.uk have it as part of a 2xlp -

DA SILVA, Rui/VARIOUS-Produced & Remixed By Rui Da Silva 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Track listing

2xLP
BEDROCK-Beautiful Strange
SOLID SESSIONS-Janeiro
OBEAH MEN-Obeah Dance
KELI ALI-Kids
DOUBLE 99 featuring SNEAKER PIMPS-7th High
SMART ALEX-Chinz Ninja
THE FOUR ELEMENTS-Fire
BEN ONONO-Badagry Beach

It was out on Promo earlier in the year (March I think), with Fire on one side, and Fire with samples from the Matrix on the other. It was sold out in record shops very quickly, and was soon attracting prices of over $70 on E-BAY.

TUNE!

Hey Sioux, dont know if its going to be released (the matrix mix certainly ISNT for obvious reasons) although it is on the LP that Simon (above) mentioned.

I also have KISMET 011 which is the '5th Element Mixes' (5th Element Mix / 5th Element Dub) on TP which will prolly also never see the light of day for the same reasons. This I have been hammering and actually prefer it now (due to original mix overload even though its a fecking CHOON !) as its much more intense and loses the synth stab which marked the original out so prominantly...

Would you like a cd burned with all 4 mixes and posted out to you ?

Rob

AUDIO DELUXE EVERY 3rd FRIDAY OF THE MONTH
NEXT: July 18th LUIS PARIS (Paris & Healey / Plastic Fantastic) NIGEL MARCUSSEN
www.audiodeluxe.net

Thanks for the info peeps (release date info, etc. would still be helpful if someone like progsounds - wink wink - knows the answers to my questions?)

Salutations, Sir Duffy~!!!  YES, YES, YES - I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a copy sent out to me.  If it's not too much to ask <wince>, could you possibly post two copies?  I know someone else that would kill for a copy. big_smile  It is a CHOOOOOON and a half~!

I'm glad to hear that it's still a Duffy staple wink as I remember you dropping it in San Diego :tongue :pimp

Sioux big_smile

sioux...
like duffykins says, i don't think its going to get a proper release apart from on the 'produced and remixed by' LP
The 4 Elements EP you're talking about doesn't have it... its got the first two (Earth/Water)

Hmmmmmmm, somewon likes to mess with people's heads me thinks... let's put out an EP and call it The Four Elements... BUT, we're only going to put 2 Elements on the actual EP so as to confuse the record buyers of the world and forever create a mystery as to the whereabouts of the other scattered and missing elements. Sometimes it really makes you wonder~!  I don't agree with their marketing tactics.  lol

Sioux smile

To be fair, they actually called them 'part 1 & part 2' I think.

I shall also stick earth & water on the cd as they are also very good. Whatever happened to 'air' is anyones guess. (part 3 ?)

To confuse us still further RDS also put out Stoned / Matrix a while back, and Matrix is like 'fire' without all the best bits (riff/bassline) and also no samples from the film. To then go and do a 'matrix mix' of it is all a bit much for me... I'm sure theres a good reason somewhere but perhaps only Mr Da Silva knows what it is. My head hurts !

AUDIO DELUXE EVERY 3rd FRIDAY OF THE MONTH
NEXT: July 18th LUIS PARIS (Paris & Healey / Plastic Fantastic) NIGEL MARCUSSEN
www.audiodeluxe.net

yeah, its confusing as hell...  'The Four Elements' was actually Rui's production name for the tracks called Earth, Water & Fire...

then the latest prodiction is called 'The Fifth Element' by Rui, but is acuatlly a remix of The Four Elements - Fire  (btw, if you want a listen, heres some samples http://shop.hooj.com/index.cgi?task=sp&id=rds011 )

and god only knows whats happaned to air...

I believe that there were originally 2 "Four Elements" EPs planned - the first with Earth & Water and a 2nd with Fire & Air... As to what's happened to Air, who knows...  roll Seems to be getting ahead of himself by producing the 5th Element in there as well...

Sioux, check out hooj.com I got a copy off of them last month which has the samples from the Matrix on it. Dunno if they still have stock tho.  big_smile

If I had a dollar for every time someone said, "If I had a nickel for every time someone said..." well, I guess I'd talk in
cliches a lot more.

Anyone know when 'Fell the love' is getting a release? Has anyone got hold of a promo yet?

If that's his new one it came out on promo about 10 weeks ago

Hey guys~  Thanks a bunch for the info - talk about doin' yer head in~!   I can't wait to hear the other 'elements' now smile.

Sioux big_smile