Topic: Ecstasy = Parkinsons??

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,3 … 87,00.html

A day without blood is like a day without sunshine.

Re: Ecstasy = Parkinsons??

Monkeys for monkeys  :shock:

lol  lol  lol

One bold Northern slapper in a bikini doth not a summer make

bet those rhesus monkeys are loving it, and taking the piss out of the other monkeys.

there's probably one that complains though "oi!, where on my contract does it say I test ecstasy 'eh?? look! i can test anthrax, ebola, smallpox &  even Timotei at push, but just no E's thank you very much or I'll call a strike"

I heard that on the radio in the bath this morning.
I changed channels.

a radio in the bath would surely give you quite a jolt would it not?

"his parents hated him so much, as a kid his bath toys were an iron & a toaster"

I can honestly say that the effects on monkeys bear no relation to the effects on humans.

Trust me - I am a Doctor

wink

weeellll....

the effectsd that drugs have on humans compared to the effects they have on other animals can be wildly different...

for example:

amphetamines make rats go to sleep
thalidomide has pretty no effect on monkey feotuses
and paracetomal is toxic to... something. it might be parrots.

fsnl
sparky

Drugs...

:evil:

Customs And Exercise Confidential 0800 595000

Ajos1 (Non-DJ Punter)

"God help them if their babies are ugly, coz they're be none of this *oh that's the cutest baby EVER* rubbish.   And my friends are not good looking, so I don't like their chances." - BaldOne 19/Mar/2004

and paracetomal is toxic to... something. it might be parrots.

hahahaha. Love it!

Shake your shammy like a bitch on heat!

There was a documentary on a while ago, sure it was on BBC2, about a parkinson's sufferer that used to take half a pill..... it would completely calm him down and enable him to do things he couldn't normally do.

Maybe the guys coming up with these new theories are dealers.... either way you'll still keep on buying :shock:

"A quart of ale is a dish for a king" - William Shakespeare

i saw that.. the guy was able to do cartwheels and stuff. tho an hour b4 he couldnt even put on his jacket without help

How cool is that?
Being prescribed monkeys for the rest of your life.
Bet he's got a jawline like Desperate Dan.

Well, I at least I can take comfort in the fact that I'm not alone - someday there will be an entire generation of trembling idiots.  lol

and apparently nicotine can protect against Parinsons so its all good as long as we have a ciggie at the same time. big_smile

" It must have been the brown jumper..."

You mean ciggies can actually do something useful??? :!:  big_smile

Someone once told me "everything kills you"!!! 

My mom recently found a blend of coffee she really liked.  After enjoying a cupper everyday for a few weeks, she found herself late one morning and rushing off without her "fix" for the day.
She suffered from a terrible head-ache becuase of missing that cup of coffee.   

Moderation is the crunch I believe....

did that guy with Parkinson's get a come down???

I'm confused.
If you do rolls you get Parkinsons.
If you get Parkisons you do rolls?

Saw this story in a bit more detail here

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar … Sep28.html

extract:

Adding to evidence that the test involved overdoses, two of the 10 animals in the experiment died quickly after their second or third dose and two others became so sick they could not take the third dose.

"How come 40 percent of people who are doing this drug are not dying or almost dying?"

Slightly more balanced reporting ![/url]

because as i said earlier, the results that drugs have on animals are wildly different than those on humans.

however, if the pharmacutical company has tested on animals, and it's safe on animals, but it kills people, the company has it's arse covered by saying that the drug was perfectly safe on animals.

equally, if the drug kills animals, they can still release it to the public, by saying that the effects it has on animals is different from the effects it has on people.

in the end, the pharmacutical company wins.

fsnl
sparky

Is it me or was there a report a couple of weeks ago by 3 independent doctors stating that E had zero negative long term effects.  I myself am in possession of a copy of the European Commission study into E, which came back with zero negative effects.  I think this is all a government scam to counter the results of last week.  Leah Betts' parents went ape when they heard the 3 doctors results and were straight away writing to the PM.  Maybe if they woke up a bit they'd realise their beloved daughter died from too much water, not from the effects of E. 

In the last 10 years, a little over 70 people have died whilst on E. This is mainly due to people being stupid and not drinking enough water, or from having weak hearts.  Fact: more people die from fishing than from E.  If you work out the over 2 million pills of E are used per week in the UK, and that 70 people every 10 years die from their own stupidity, then I'd say alcohol is much worse...which causes liver failure, kidney damage, brain damage, car related accidents, heart problems, etc.

How can you die from fishing?

How can you die from fishing?

by doing ecstasy and falling in, you fool

Many reasons, but mainly from the line catching on to a pylon...not at all clever.  Hook in the neck, in the jugular...etc.