Topic: trendy bars...

just got home from a smelly bar in Dublin (Girlfriend wanted me too go), the Que Bar, it's one of these trendy #$%! bars were there idea of dance music is R&B, it was bad enough having most of the clubs over here playing Hard-House muck but this is #$%! Ridiculous....

when I could have been out listening to something amazing like James Lavelle's GU edit of the doves (makes me smile inside big_smile  ) I was forced to listen to Nelly & the likes (not that I've anything against hip-hop, gimme Mos Def or Pharoh Monch (spell?) any #$%! day) but I'm just so pissed off, especially when I could've seen the Plump DJ's tonight down the road...

Anyway my point is: Bar owners get a #$%! grip, get a real #$%! DJ and cut that chart Bullshit, okay?

J

"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself."

Re: trendy bars...

And ppl wonder why I don't listen to Hip Hop or RnB any more.  It just doesn't move me.  I love Common, Talib Kweli and the like, but Nelly?  Gimme a break.  BW...is that band-ad a fashon statement? Everytime I see him it's on a different part of his face.  roll

love never fails.
[img]http://i.xanga.com/MadEnchantress/Picture%2019.jpg[/img]

Re: trendy bars...

People want to make money the easy way, not the hard way, so that much about explains things...