Topic: Come on Bedrock! Lets f#cking 'ave it

Only 2 days to go and I expect you lot are as excited as me for what is set to be one of the best nights of the year.

Digweed and his VERY special guest; the quality Phil Thompson; the legendary Slam; Paolo Mojo (one of the best mixers around) and the excellent Steve Gerrad. I cant f#cking wait.

I am playing in the Dakota Bar 9-11pm and anyone who knows me knows how much last years crowd response to my 3rd Birthday set meant to me. It was my first gig in a proper club and I still get goosebumps when I think back to how electric the atmosphere was. If I told you that playing that set was the most treasured memory I have of my life so far you'd probably think I have a sad life, but so be it. It was. Spundae is a close second but the Birthday gig changed my whole mindset. Purely because of the crowd's reaction to the music.

Since then I have been lucky enough to travel to places Ive never been to and play the music I love so much to people Ive never met. You know how much I love this sh#t. I love every single record I play in a club or put on a CD. I love sharing this music with people. Thats what Djing is all about to me. When people smile or cheer at a good bit of one of your favorite tracks, the feeling is like nothing in the world. Its like 'how good is this f#cking record?'.

Whenever I go away to play, I always say to people that the Bedrock crowd is the best crowd to play to in the world. I mean that. John said to me recently ' you have to be careful when you play abroad...Bedrock is a very finely tuned crowd and not everywhere is like that'. Hes right.

For some DJs, playing in the Dakota Bar is no big deal. For me it is.Its a huge f#cking deal for 2 main reasons. Firstly, because it's part of John Digweed's club and Ive been supporting him since I first saw him play in Mansfield 10 years ago. I am very proud of what he has done with his career and what he has done with Bedrock. Secondly, cos it is full of Bedrockers. Passionate, knowledgeable people into the music and scene for the right reasons.

I've played at/for Bedrock a good few times now but for those 2 reasons every time it is a real honour and every time the crowd blows me away.

So get yerselves down early and lets go f'#cking mental early.

Lets f#'cking have it in a big way and make this one (another) night to remember.

Come on.

Jonathan

Re: Come on Bedrock! Lets f#cking 'ave it

Mate, I will be right at the front for your set, having it RIGHT off... big_smile

PS - Who is the "VERY" special guest :?:  wink

you looking forward to thursday by any chance!!!  lol

Ok...I was considering not coming til i read this post....

I have no money, monkeys, or prospects,
and I have to work Friday sad

but I'll fvckin 'av it right off at the front, for your set too....  smile

Jonathan, are you working on friday?? can we expect to see some fiendish Lisle dance moves after your set??

A day without blood is like a day without sunshine.

Getting there early to hear Jonathan play - just how good is this night going to be??!! - can't wait.

Wont be getting there in time for your set Jonathan.  :x I just hope they open up the Dakota in time for 9pm. I know sometimes if the crowds a bit thin early on they delay opening it.

Will probably be there around 11:20ish.

Prog God

Reading posts like that one (JL) make it even harder to get any work done...

Going to be a drag from now until Thursday night  :?

"Everybody listening producing and last not least djing this. I'm back to the underground mates. Back to old school rock 'n' roll." - MateGreen Esq.

Should be a classic night  big_smile

Shall be checking Jon out thats for sure before camping in main room fro rest of the night

Lisley - go'an yersel' bigman !!

Apologies for not ringing over the w-e, my whole w-e went a bit Pete Tong at about 5pm Saturday....

First beers on me Thursday fella, cant fecking wait !!

AUDIO DELUXE EVERY 3rd FRIDAY OF THE MONTH
NEXT: July 18th LUIS PARIS (Paris & Healey / Plastic Fantastic) NIGEL MARCUSSEN
www.audiodeluxe.net

Lookin forward to JL warming up in the Dakota, and then Digweed and ? in the main room. Smile for the camera  big_smile

I'll be there, dancing and a giggling!!

lol

'Lets have a game of basketball....without a ball and without the baskets....'

coooooh deary me (Dairy Lea) - Lisle looing forward to thursday per chance!!!!!!

still dont know if i can make it yet, it will all be very last minute.....would love to hear JL in dakota - missed it last year.......

........please dont send me to Birmingham work!!!!!!! please!! :shock:

who's doubling up (NOT LIKE THAT!) this weekend - the beach anyone?

'Odgson - you best be there - your attendance has been sorely missed mate...

I'm doing the double - weekend of carnage proper...

has anyone heard/seen Sherdun recently? or know if he's going to Bedrock??

If i remember right from Spacey's BBQ, he has thrown down the gauntlet of a 'challenge'

What's the challenge Steve?

Is it triple dropping again, Steve ??

Wooooooooo...
Now that would be big.

Triple dropping! Oh dear I seem to remember (Dont ask me how) that I achived that feat twice at an after party last year. Gulp!

Never Again!

Prog God

I remember that, Dan.

In 2 weeks time it'll be a year since you've done it.

i don't know, its his challange, you could do that though Vicky if you want

I'm not getting pickled at Bedrock. :shock:

neither am i  :shock:

i'll be appreciating the music

I'll be pissed! : :?

352 days ago to be precise.

For the record of that fateful day it was 2 * 3, 3 * 2 and 5 indivduals. Not big and certainly not clever. Not bad for a 24hr period though. :oops:

Prog God