Re: Reviews - Bedrock 03/Oct/2002

could someone confirm well i was tween the hours of 10pm-4am please :?:

personally - i havent a frigging clue :twisted:

Was it Brighton Pleb. 'cos I didn't see you all night  :?: You must have been the Very Special Guest

Cheers to whoever said Emerald was the signoff tune, I left 10mins before the end and was wondering!

Well last night I had the entire Golden Triangle- Asked for Drugs, Offered Drugs and Searched for Drugs. How nice seeing as I don't do 'em. Thankfully Slam dropped "Sunshine" by Tomas v Filterheadz at 1.40am  :shock:  big_smile  :!: and it was like the search never happened. Rest of the night I listened to the Very Special Guest Phil Thompson wind it up with some flowing chilled prog before turning the tribal earscrews to maximum tightness. Very Special Guest Diggers came on and just got on with it, I didn't know about the extra hour otherwise I'd have circulated more and caught more than ten minutes of the Very Special Guests in the Dakota Bar.

Very Special Guests Mcmillan and Meikle were of course, Slammin' (yep weak I know)- if I'd know they would drop Diabla I'd have stayed around, but !!!!Sunshine!!!! wiped me out after just over an hour. My mate Sleepless really got into them, it's been a long while since they came down and it was good to have them back. Then went downstairs and shot off two disposables thanks to the lights which, unlike Creamer and K last month, got better later as opposed to staying excellent from the start of the night. Dakota Bar, I was hacked off at missing out but as usual, if there were more rooms I would have missed Shoebox- sorry Soundshaft, instead. Main room was hot but not the total sauna that Former Special Guest Sasha in August brought with him, and even the beerboys were better this time round, dropping drinks on the floor rather than clattering people out of their way.

Other than that the only person missing was one the Folkestoned Crew's Bean Bruvvers (next time borrow some cash!) but everyone else made it- but what about Hadders and DigweedsDinner, didn't see either of them, just The Legendary Xeb and his own Very Special Guest, MajorTom and the bloke with the black curly hair and glasses (great description, sorry, couldn't remember your real or board name, too knackered)

So great night, and in fact that's a year since I started going. Scary. Hard to pick a favourite- this one would only edge it for being free to enter, cheers John!

Hey everyone: Seeing as I've never been to that club before, could you be so kind as to tell me how many people it holds?  And is it so packed in there that you're usually shoulder to shoulder?  Just trying to get a visual.  thanx   smile

Get hold of a flyer, bring a friend, the pair of you get in for a fiver! See you there...

Well last night I had the entire Golden Triangle- Asked for Drugs, Offered Drugs and Searched for Drugs.

why pay

everyone else made it- but what about Hadders

Now you mention it, Hadders hasn`t posted a single message all day  :?:

V. Unusual

monsiur hadfield was luck enough to have the day off today  :evil:

-

DHarwood
------------
JLisle flowed and rocked... I was happy with it.
PMojo did some strange stuff at the end...

baldone
---------
I was not grumpy... I am just reserved...

Plus trying to flatten me with your belly and starting a play fight is not the thing I am usually used to!!!

Obviously Aussie 'laid back' versus English 'reserve'.

The Aussie won!

Ajos1 (Non-DJ Punter)

"God help them if their babies are ugly, coz they're be none of this *oh that's the cutest baby EVER* rubbish.   And my friends are not good looking, so I don't like their chances." - BaldOne 19/Mar/2004

Fair do's Ajos. We all entitled to an opinion. As I said maybe I just wasnt feeling it last night. I'll give him another go though probably at I-Witness. Plus I've got Autobiography now.

But I know I'm right about Paolo. Utter Shite!  wink

Prog God

Well last night I had the entire Golden Triangle- Asked for Drugs, Offered Drugs and Searched for Drugs.

why pay

When it gets really really busy, you literally cannot walk in the room, it really is shoulder to shoulder and very uncomfortable too. Probably cram well over a thousand on that dancefloor at times. As there's no real way of crowd control due to the shape of the room.

Hope that gives you a good picture.

Wow.  I can't even imagine what that is like!  I'm not sure if I would enjoy being squished with all those people.  But, nevertheless, I would like to give it a go.  Was it like that last night??? 
  I wish so badly I could visit London, but I'm not rich or fotunate enough for that to happen anytime soon.  I won't give up hope just yet though.  It is a dream of mine that will hopfully come true some day..................

LiquidGirl...

You have got Danny Howells in town... that will be a road block... so you can see what it is like to be squished!

Good luck...

Ajos1 (Non-DJ Punter)

"God help them if their babies are ugly, coz they're be none of this *oh that's the cutest baby EVER* rubbish.   And my friends are not good looking, so I don't like their chances." - BaldOne 19/Mar/2004

You wont be sorry if you give bedrock a bash.  It may be over-crowded, really hot and the sound system  isnt fantastic.....  But the people and the music will make your night unforgettable.  You'll fall in love with it....

Make your way down.  You wont be sorry.

If it gets too hot there are other rooms which a less crowded and more ventalated.  So there is escape! 

Looking fwd to seeing you there...
celest

Not one of the better Bedrocks.
The standing around for the fvcking Dakota bar to open for 2 hours was hardly the start you needed.
And when it is that busy surely opening the Soundshaft, like they did for Sashas album launch, is a good idea?
I enjoyed what I heard of Mr. Lisles set, Slam were cool, and Digweed was Digweed, but I'm in agreement that the night lacked something.

This whole 'search who the fvck we like' stance that's been brought on by the security in the last few months is fvcking outrageous. How many instances have there been? There are people sticking chewing gum in their mouths who are being manhandled off the dancefloor, in front of their friends, to be taken to a small room and searched.
I've just read that Nethlyn experienced this hospitality last night, I don't even think he drinks.

I must add a thankyou to Dr. Boris and a thankyou Tania for my shark keyrings and bookmark.

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply