Topic: Getting Dirty up in Birmingham

Anyone else go to Dirty at Code last night? And anyone been before care to offer a comparison??

Top venue but the place was half empty (only 600 throght the doors and running at a loss apparently) with only about 100 (if that) still around for Warren's set - shame as he was the only thing on worth listening too on the night. Xpress2... 'Lazy'... with full vocals too... unforgivable!  :evil:

Worth going again or is it a lost cause?

R

Re: Getting Dirty up in Birmingham

The progressive scene isn`t up to much round here, which is a shame as it means to enjoy a good proggy night I have to go elsewhere. Mostly Garage and poopy trance, not a good thing. I wouldn`t mind setting up my own night to cater for us deepgroove lovers to enjoy. No, I`m ranting again. Still, anice thought...

Things may perk up. Depends on how well Code are willing to stcik with it.

I came up from Winchester so am not exactly local... just fancied a change and as I lived in B'ham a while back though I'd give it a try. Code itself is such a good venue! Have friends who came all the way from Exeter too..  Not just B'ham but there ain't much to shout about all over the west half of the country.

Sat's a difficult night. Spoke to a quite a few ppl in there who said their mates were off up to Rehab (that's Leeds not the clinic!) or down into London and until dirty gets a name for itself that's just how it gonna be.

If you set up a little session of your own let me know... Winchester is DULL. Takes as long to drive to B'ham as it does to London, drinks cheaper and there seemed to be a lot more ladies in attendance at Code than you get at prog nights in London (not that I have ever been known to complain at the usual 8:1 ratio  wink )... need any more reasons??

R

Wasn't it supposed to close at 6 not 5??

Ill come to your night if you hold one.  Id love to go to bermingham some time.  I want to visit my friend Alex down your way and Id love to finally meet you!

COme on!!!!  I wanna party in bermingham to some dark prog!
Bring it on....
cel

Can imagine me trying to hold my own night!! smile Would be a good laugh though. I shall look into it.

Anyone know of a bluffers guide to holding your own night??  :shock:

Best thing to do is go to a pub or something of the sort and ask if you can hire the place out for the night.  Then tell all you friends to come along and to cover costs charge something like 2 quid.  Set your decks up and get your dj list prepared and off you go.

By the way my address is en7 6uu!  Looking very forward to hearing your set mate.  Cheers for that.  If you want I can pass copies round down here. 
Speak soon
cel

Celest, you shoudln`t really be putting up your address on the board. Don`t forget ANYONE in the world may be looking at this board. Lucky you only put the postcode.

Anyhow, get those mixes sorted for ya. big_smile

Well of those 100 left for Warren's set a handful were friends of mine who tried to convince me to get to Birmingham for his set  sad  Apparently amazing doesn't come close (no comments about the rest of the night tho...)  roll

So, what do you wanna do?

it was indeed another class night.  i've not had a bad night at dirty, and although a bit biased because i know the promoter.. i really want it to work out because there is simply nothing else in birmingham that caters for the more discerning musical ear.  the crowds are not always massive, but you've got to remember this was only the fifth dirty party, and for me each one has been amazing... as has the crowd at each one.

having visited bedrock for the first time on thursday i can honestly say i see a comparison between the heads at both gigs. 

warren was amazing... really delivered the goods.  his last tune was a mind-bender.. "jam & spoon - odyssey to anyoora."

for those that were left in the club, it was a special moment.

all people in the midlands should try and support this night, because it is up and coming... and it's gonna supply people in the region with the opportunity to hear dj's that have avoided our fair city for far too long.  stick with it people.

diggers and lawler next month is the whisper.  anyone fancy THAT?

regards,

giggs.

smile

p.s. simon preston, on thursday you asked me where i was from.  sutton is the answer.  now - where you from?

l8rs.

if things seem shorter than they are, finish counting all the stars.  feel the years washed down again, another pay cheque to cash in.  pray the lord of flesh and bone, leaves you some to call your own, as we slowly feel our way, through another, shapeless day.... BOSH!

Diggers and Lawler... I'm there already! Might need to extend my student loan to budget for all my forth coming travel to Birminham then!!

Even though the croud wasn't massive there was still a wicked atmosphere especially for warren's set. The sound was just amasing, what a system. And those green lights. I say it again... what a venue.

Lived in Suton too for about 5 months years back, a period in my life when my music tastes were a little less discerning... ended upin 'Rosie's' far too often  :shock:

If you see someone with long red hair dancing like a mad thing next time, come say hi.

R

is that why you're called rosie r then? lol.

rosies is a ming-hole!

if things seem shorter than they are, finish counting all the stars.  feel the years washed down again, another pay cheque to cash in.  pray the lord of flesh and bone, leaves you some to call your own, as we slowly feel our way, through another, shapeless day.... BOSH!

Yeah my sentiments exactly - ive not seen a dirty night been filled to capacity yet.  I heard that there was massive queues for tiesto for a gods kitchen night, its just a shame that dirty doesnt have the same effect on the people in the midlands. 

My usual haunt was renaissance @ media, but since its shut down, dirty in birmingham is the next best thing, even though it means travelling about 40 miles from leicester.  And gigsy and steve s - top geezers! had a great night. Good to see that there are people out there who appreciate quality music.

Nick Warren is so underated. Atlas - Compass, Tune of the night! Was great getting home and finding that Digweed had played it @ bedrock too (essential mix). ive been living on it!

One of the best essential mixes from Digweed - he doesnt let up!!!

Diggers = BAD !!!!!!!!!!!

He really needs to get his ass up2Dirty.
Birmingham isnt right, all they want is hard house and cheesy funky crap. Bless the niave fools. Come on Digger, bring me some rumbles.

Then lets hope the rumours are ture.... surely Lawler and Diggers would be too much for them all to resist?? I know I couldn't!

The second 'r' is for me surname but if it makes you feel better you can let it stand for whatever you want, just as long as you don't hold that 'rosies' confession against me!!!!!!!

R

oh no!  i will hold it against you.  you're nailed man!
lol

only joking, it can be our little secret.  we've all got shady pasts haven't we? (mc hammer at the n.e.c.!) :shock:

Much relieved. Somewhere there is even video evidence as I did have a nasty tendency to end up on one of the podiums...  roll

Can't believe you've put hammer at the n.e.c out there for all to see... you are indeed a very brave man! :roll

p.s. simon preston, on thursday you asked me where i was from.  sutton is the answer.  now - where you from?

l8rs.

I answered, but then webby moved the f`ing post. Anyhows, I`m just two miles down the road - Erdington.

is that why you're called rosie r then? lol.

rosies is a ming-hole!

Well said!! :laugh :laugh :laugh

nice one simon... sorry for missing your post on thursday - i was gone gone gone!  (for about three days over the weekend!)

whereabouts in erdy?  i live in walmley which is fackin walking distance isn't to be fair!

rosie - i've got worse skeletons than that in my closet!

whereabouts in erdy?  i live in walmley which is fackin walking distance isn't to be fair!

Gravelly Hill, just a couple of minutes walk North of Spaghetti Junction. Near Gravelly Hill station.

As for the MC Hammer @ NEC business - farkin brilliant!!! :laugh :laugh - was that for real??? big_smile

i would like to say and so have i... but you really can't get much worse than ms o'brien's fine chain of establishments now can you.

going to dirty next month or tribal?

dutty!

best u come say hello then - i like to know who is abusing me!

I`ll come and see you - ya feckin fat seen-in-rosies gobshite

wink

so you saw me on Sat then  wink

fyi, i look like this....
www.faceparty.com/kayolie