Topic: technics M3Ds (or make 3s to you and me)

I heared they're crap, anyone know if there any improvment on the MK2s as I need to dump my belt drives and get it sorted

cheers

<i></i>

Re: technics M3Ds (or make 3s to you and me)

Who said they are crap??

Personally, I love my 1200's. They are the classic Technics with that little nod to the past in their silver paintjob   

<b>gecko</b>

www.phatplastic.com

<i></i>

Shake your shammy like a bitch on heat!

Theyre practically the same as MK2`s (as far as I can tell). However, they have a had a quartz lock button put in and taken the notch in the the centre of the pitch fader out (which is a good thing IMO). I think they are just a strong and just as reliable. 
Simon Preston -

www.simonpreston33.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk<i></i>

yep getting rid of the lock is definitely a good idea, there's nothing worse than having to pitch something your playing up or down (easy does it...) just so the next record wont lock...

but yea I've been to 2 shops and the first said they weren't much different, then the other @#%$ said they were crap and they'd probably be pulled...

he said they were too light and people were wondering were the weight had gone... now I thought this was crap but I needed a second opinion before I fork out the dough likes   
<i></i>

Hi.

All the major dj's find M3D's in front of them at almost every venue. I never hear of complaints...only from those who've had a bad session. Don't sweat it...they're what you should be spinning on.

Go for it. I just bought a pair from Guitar Center for $399 each. They'll hook you up just great!
<i></i>

yeah, I think I will get them, want a new mixer too, was thinking bout getting a vestax, maybe a pcv 275 or something? any thoughts on what would be good, I'm looking for something with fairly good eq's...

by the way the guitar centre sounds great, $399 would be a great price but I need to buy them in Europe (I'm from Ireland   ) as the voltage/hertz they run at will be different (funny enough - you can change the voltage on the european 1's but not on the americans...)
<i></i>

Heh...I just picked up at Vestax PCV-275 myself...it's solid. Go for it as it's a good buy that won't break the bank. GC here in US let's them go for $350 if you ask the right person.

GL.
<i></i>