Topic: The New Cream Resident

The New Cream Resident 2003

LOUIS EDWARDS is the new Cream Resident for 2003.

He won the Birmingham heat and rocked Saturday night in the Annexe. The standard set by the other finalists was amazing. Louis played last which added to the pressure but came on, lit a fag and played an inventive and refreshing set which set him apart from the other eleven finalists.

The panel which consisted Ben Turner, Iain Hoskins, Alan Green, Thomas H Green from Muzik and Neil Bentley from Galaxy had a tough time deciding.

The event pulled in around 650 punters who seemed fascinated by the whole competition. It is encouraging that no name DJs can bring in such a good crowd...

We're very confident we've found somebody who will serve Cream and dance music well for years to come... His style is a mix of tough beats, hard house and elements of techno.

He will play at IN THE CITY in Manchester in two weeks...

As of Jan 2003, Louis Edwards is the new Cream Resident. Well Done Louis!

<i></i>

Re: The New Cream Resident

<b><i>Quote:</i></b> His style is a mix of tough beats, hard house and elements of techno.

oh dear.   

"There is nothing in this world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and i knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon..." 

<i></i>

is this a joke message or wot
<i></i>

mmmm

Dont really fancy his style very much but he's done well - and well done to Demi for getting so far.....
<i></i>

Check the cream website.
<i></i>

"Never apologize and never explain - it's a sign of weakness."

"His style is a mix of tough beats, hard house and elements of techno"

I am really not sure what Cream think they have accomplished by running this comp.  Ben Turner was saying on Galaxy Sat afternoon that Cream were looking for their new face and name, to follow alot of the legacy DJ's who have been around for some time (no disrespect of course).  They wanted someone who was going to inject some innovative and imaginative energy into the scene.  I can't see how they think they have found that, and quoting Louis's style, well they have answered all of our questions.  He wasn't anything new and his set was no better than  some of the other competitiors.

We've been hearing "....tough beats, hard house and elements of electro" for a long time and this may well be one of the reasons why Cream have decided that enough is enough for Nation, but why they then had to choose another DJ who will probably sound alot like his predecesors is beyond me.

Hard luck Dem, it's just not your time yet.

see you at Deeper Substance for music for the people, instead of music for the compilations. 
<i></i>

"for music for the people, instead of music for the compilations"

great phase!  spot on   
<i></i>

I am so glad this has been picked up on.

I went up for the trip to cream with Team Haji ( Dem that is ) and having been previously to cream new what to expect. I was however very hopefull they could be doing the right thing in getting in some fresh faces and a new outlook. What i saw was a complete joke ran by what can only be described as a "money orientated, two bob ran mobile disco". The club is still in the same ran down state it was in four years ago. Everyone likes a bit of an underground feel to a club but turds on the walls and having to ask the bar staff for toilet roll is school disco.

As for the music,well the mind boggles. Surely to realise how to be succesful in pulling in punters cream should have looked at a place like Fabric. The music in all the rooms at all the nights is bang up to date and extremelly well programmed. Not just the individual DJ sets but the follow on of the DJs styles. On saturday at least five of the DJs played the most horrendous music i had to leave the room. The fact that cream put them in there in the first place is a joke. The place was empty when the first girl played and she was very good indeed. Totally overlooked. The bloke who played the edit of Donna Summer was also overlooked yet he was extremely skilled and had programmed his set impecibally.

Demi played 25 minutes of music which truly would have been heralded by any Bedrock crowd as magnificent. Very very up to date music mixed and programmed to a tee. There were no huge bangs crashes or snare rolls unlike the others but the music was awesome.

To hear him not make the top three was pathetic and if cream really beleive the have found a fresh look then they should stay at Nation because the state of the club matches there music policy.

As for the judges, how can you have a DJ competion with no DJs on the panel.

<i></i>

Non of the judges were djs ?????

What's the point of it then ?????

<i></i>

The first girl was Natalia
www.wire-london.com

<i></i>

Some people...
<i></i>

....well somebody had to say it.  I didn't want to be seen as bitter and biased in Dem's favour just because he didn't win, it is a real shame he was robbed.  But then again if that is the best Cream has to offer, maybe Demi not winning is a blessing in disguise.

Watch this space.
<i></i>

Was Demi the guy who played chutney last tune? If so I agree he was robbed, wasn't in to Louis Edwards' style at all too mixed up, he even played a bit of jungle!!!
<i></i>

He played Chutney as his last track? Cheeky boy   

<b>gecko</b>

www.phatplastic.com

<i></i>

Shake your shammy like a bitch on heat!

I have read on another message board that the winner of the competition would have a contract with Cream's DJ management, which from the looks of it wasn't a very fair contract. So maybe Demi was lucky that he didn't win. 
<i></i>

A lot of @#%$ has been floating about since the final. And naturally to say that I wasn

Good man 

Judging from what you've said, I'm glad you didnt win.

If you know what I mean 

<i></i>

Fair comments there Demi. I agree with what your saying.
<i></i>