Topic: I might be dreaming but...

Where's the usual we are all excited about tonight thread? Or am I mistaken and it's not the first Thursday of the month? Im very confused   
<i></i>

" It must have been the brown jumper..."

Re: I might be dreaming but...

Everyone's more excited about a certain frenchman gracing the fabric decks on Saturday.
<i></i>

Prog God

Everyone apart from me Dan.
<i></i>

Lisa, I believe you've started it 

Now, what's everyone wearing.  I know cause I'm going straight from work!
<i></i>

So, what do you wanna do?

Sorry, everyone except miserable matt   
<i></i>

Prog God

Im always excited by Frenchmen 

Maybe its because i've been given two 'go out and play' passes and Im doing both. Is everyone skipping creamer then, surely not with Digweeds return??
<i></i>

I hear that Sir John might still be too ill so my excitement is tinged with fear... as that may mean Creamer gets to play for longer and I might have to leave early for the first time ever...

I also heard a rumour about who might step in, which would be cool but still not as good as Diggers, who is the don.

Never heard Garnier before so difficult to get too excited about that, but am looking forward to something different 

"Never trust a man who, when alone in a room, doesnt try on a tea cosy"<i></i>

AUDIO DELUXE EVERY 3rd FRIDAY OF THE MONTH
NEXT: July 18th LUIS PARIS (Paris & Healey / Plastic Fantastic) NIGEL MARCUSSEN
www.audiodeluxe.net

Dans right.......

More excited By Garnier & not looking forward to Creamer massively but Junkie xl & Digweed will be good, so still expect to have a stormer of a night
<i></i>

Please let's all get a little excited about tonight.

Please? I've heard he's not great but want to form my own opinion.  Can't be worse than Xpress-2...
<i></i>

Still debating this one..think it will all depend on how im feeling at 5pm, but i think I maybe getting swayed toward wearing a hat 

Tanya do you mean you will be wearing a suit....you will be to hot!!
<i></i>

Rob, Garnier anywhere is a joy to behold. Garnier at Fabric is what dreams are made of. It is well worth getting very, very, excited about.
<i></i>

Prog God

Not as excited as usual, but probably cos I've got a bit of a cold and so am not feeling too clever (still be there don't worry!), plus not overly excited by the prospect of Creamer... I'll be wearing jeans & a bedrock t-shirt most probably (how original...) 

I think Nayef was excited judging by the text I got from him at half 4 this morning...
<i></i>

So I've heard - wicked 

Still, one mans pleasure is often another mans pain...

"Never trust a man who, when alone in a room, doesnt try on a tea cosy"<i></i>

AUDIO DELUXE EVERY 3rd FRIDAY OF THE MONTH
NEXT: July 18th LUIS PARIS (Paris & Healey / Plastic Fantastic) NIGEL MARCUSSEN
www.audiodeluxe.net

Nah, meet Miss super-organised.  Have bag complete with black pants, tube top & even a shirt for tomorrow (should I get lucky)...  Talking about boiling though - a hat!?!  I'm sure it's beautiful, but I bet people like Karnak would appreciate a mini-skirt or something more...
<i></i>

Rob - You will have a blast on Sat night mate...that I am sure about
<i></i>

"Can't be worse than Xpress-2... " - Tania

I know we all entitled to our own opinions, but I've got to say, you have to be joking about that statement. Personally, I think that night was one of the best nights at Bedrock this year.

Certainly one with the most energy.

But hey ho, each to their own.
<i></i>

Prog God

Was gonna see them on the Saturday after but after they played Lazy at Bedrock I just couldn't be bothered...  They just never climaxed the music.  All builds with nowhere to go   
<i></i>

I more excited about Newland buying me a pint of Grolsch. 

What's changed with his style that leaves everyone in awe? I heard his 'twee' set in Homelands and fvcked off after 15 minutes.

His Mixmag CD I got years ago was a load of frogspunk.
<i></i>

Tania, now you're talking my language baby.
<i></i>

"I heard his 'twee' set in Homelands and fvcked off after 15 minutes. " - Matt

15 minutes at Homelands, hmm. Not really a constructive judgement there.

Garnier is one of a few DJ's (Coxy being one other prominant exponant), who can traverse any genre of dance music without losing it. A set will comprise of crashing Techno, the fluffiest of house, the most tearin' drum & bass coupled with sublime mixing skills.

<i></i>

Prog God

Dan, I don't want to hear a DJ banging out Travis, fluffy house or tearin' drum and bass, so horses for courses mate.

I will give it a go the next time he's in town, I reckon.

Ps. Cox played at one level, in my opinion (and  a lot of others), last Saturday.
<i></i>

i agree with dan - it doesn't get much better than Garnier, as most people will find out on saturday   
<i></i>

I'll get you that pint, Matt
<i></i>

I agree with Dan Harwood. 

If someone slagged off Digweed and had only listened to 15 minutes off his set then I'm sure that person would get completely fvcking slated.

I stayed in Garnier's tent for about 3 of the 5 hours and even towards the end when the old legs were getting a bit wobbly he had me dancing with some of the fiercest techno to funky French house.

Don't you just love cynics!!
<i></i>

Matt, that last comment reminded me of an old Harry Enfield and Chums sketch where he plays a dour yorkshireman working for an Ad Agency.

Prog God