Topic: Bedrock September, Creamer And K

So everyone who didn't have to bail and aren't still working now   what was everyone after Phil Thompson like and did the lightshow stay that good for the last three hours? And the other rooms?
<i></i>

Re: Bedrock September, Creamer And K

JunkieXL was good and Digweed was Digweed - I believe he is still unwell and therefore only played the last hour or so  - Creamer & K - to say the set did not do it for me would be a huge understatement. 

However I had a really good nite and it was great to catch up with you all and now I am off to bed 
<i></i>

My thoughts:

Creamer - probably the worst set I have ever heard played at bedrock......It went absolutely nowhere, full of one paced plodding prog, awfully mixed - so bad that at 1 point I had to leave the main room 

Junkie XL - Wow........Some very very good tunes, seemed to be having a blast as well - so much more drive than Creamer & his album is going to very very special........Highlight of the night & for me the best set/pa I have heard at Bedrock this year 

Digweed - Stil not 100% well but delivered a decent set - quality tunes & mixing but no where near long enough - Good job he carried on til 3.30 or would have only got 45 mins from him.
<i></i>

Phil Thompson played a good warm up set as usual. I thought that John Creamer started his set well, but it got a bit tedious near the end. Junkie XL played an absolutely wicked (and quite long) set, during which the atmosphere was great. Not too sure about the flat cap though. I thought that the lighting was rather impressive during his set as well. I still have a few of his tunes floating around in my head today. Unfortunately had to leave at 2am, as had to be in work early today, so missed Diggers rather short set. The sound system was a bit louder than usual aswell thankfully! 

Good to meet all of the usual suspects, and a few new faces. Sorry if I forgot to say goodbye to anyone, it ain't easy finding everyone at 2am.

Hopefully my pictures from the night will be on xpander.nl early next week.
<i></i>

I thought it was a good night, not too busy, but some idiots were on the rampage.

Phil t set  was so boring in the first hour and a half that I was falling asleep, but like last month he played a blinding last half hour. Creamer was emptying the dancefloor with an ease i've never seen before. One minute it was packed then it was half empty. Credit to the guy though his sound is properly dark and tribal, he just needs to learn how to DJ (it was pretty monotenous).

Junkie XL was good banging music, but I cant say I like his music.

Digweed played a reasonable set, he has done better.

the other room was okay 
<i></i>

Does anyone know how Junkie XL was mixing last night?

Couldn't see him beat matching or cueing.  Didn't see any headphones......

Was it a pre recorded mix maybe?

PS does anyone know the name of the female vocal track he played about 15 mins before the end of his set????  quality tune!!!

"Once This guy gave me a bill and a half just to eat me......only time I ever came."<i></i>

he was playing live and didn't need to beat match.

I too would like to know what that vocal track is called, i've heard it at bedrock before.

<i></i>

Beauty never fades   What a fecking tune & Sasha dropped it last month as well.
<i></i>

KarnaK - You said it was a good night yet you also said Phil Thompson was boring, Creamer cleared the floor with ease, Junkie XL was too banging and you didnt enjoy the music, diggers was reasonable and the other room was ok? If I had that sort of night I would have said it was a poor night. I assume that the company made up for it?

Nick, It was a Live PA so I would imagine that all the tracks are loaded up on a DAT or streaming from a Hard Drive, then all Junkie XL needs to do is press the appropriate buttons to run the samples. Cue Swiss Tony "A Live P.A. is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. First you have to switch her on and get her warmed up, then run your fingers up and down her and twiddle with her buttons until she starts to sing like an angel"
<i></i>

Prog God

Sorry mate, not sure what you mean.  Surely he still needed to beat match and cue up the next track.  He was mixing....after all.

PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!!! hehe.

"Once This guy gave me a bill and a half just to eat me......only time I ever came."<i></i>

Cheers Dan,

Looks like I added a reply same time you were answering my question!!

Tomaz & Filterheads - Sunshine was my moment, great track.
"I just love it when you're in a club chatting to some bloke next to you, you ask him what he does and he says "I'm a DJ" and you go yeah right, and he says " I am but I also work in Mcdonalds"

Scot Wenbourne<i></i>

Sounds like I didn't miss much

Roll on 10pm tomorrow 
<i></i>

what a feckwit supposed to be       
<i></i>

Oh well - sounds like i didnt miss much of a night - like the sound of the Junkie XL bit tho...AND he played Beauty Never Fades.... wicked.

Next month sounds as if its shaping up to be a good un!
<i></i>

Yeah, "Very Special Guest" always plays a blinder 

Actually, should be wicked with Slam in the Star Bar and Mojo and Lisle-o in the Dakota Bar, not really all that bothered who's in the main room (well, maybe a teensy bit bothered)   
<i></i>

Thommo did the business as usual, Creamer was so dire it was painful. I really did want to give the guy a chance, but when you play bland tunes and trainwreck for nearly 2 minutes you really dont deserve to play at Bedrock, let alone the main room 

JXL more than made up for it and stole the show he was wicked, extending Beauty Never Fades into 10 mins of madness, with Breezer at the end. I thought Diggers illness showed though a couple of top tunes. New mix of 2 months off to finish and Breezer again (nice respectful touch I thought) as an encore at 3.30. A good night though, and I cannot fecking wait for next month. I chatted to Paolo for a while and hes on 11.30 - 1.30 and is well chuffed with it. Lisleys on first and the Gerrard at the end, so will be well torn between the rooms I think...

Bring it on !

"Never trust a man who, when alone in a room, doesnt try on a tea cosy..."<i></i>

"I chatted to Paolo for a while and hes on 11.30 - 1.30 and is well chuffed with it. Lisleys on first and the Gerrard at the end" - Rob

Paolo shoudnt be chuffed with playing the Dakota again. He should be fuming that he still hasnt played a decent slot in the main room yet. Especially with the reports from last night.

Guys like Paolo and Steve have played in there for the last couple of years. Its about time they were given the slots handed to people like Creamer in the main room. Thats where I wanna see them.
<i></i>

Prog God

I'm with Dan on that comment, sounds like Creamer had a stinker then 

Wasn't going to go next month but the line up looks worth it just for the Dakota bar so will definitely be along to see those guys play 

<i></i>

So, I open the door to my enemies, and ask could we wipe the slate clean,
If they tell me to please go and fuck myself, you know you just can't win

mixes on sound cloud

you pick up this working girl whose hooked on smack

who, hustles and scores, thats all i do she says,

she says 10 bucks for head, 15 for 1/2 & 1/2

she says 3 hits a day, at 35 per

you say thats, 7 tricks a day at least

but she says, sometimes i get lucky

once this guy gives me a bill & a 1/2 just to eat me.

only time i ever came.

you figure you can save her.

you sell your colour tv, it keeps her off the streets a whole day.

you hawk your typewriter for 1 joe.

then your shotgun, your watch.

a week later you say listen im a little short, but she says no scratch no snatch.

you say look it is better to give.

but she says beat off creep.

one night they spot you on the street in ur skivvies, trying to sell your shoes.

you tell them who you are but they nail you.

then she happens by and she says, christ you look @#%$,

she says hang tough

but you dont say anything,

you just think what a bum rap for a nice sensitive guy like me.

I think thats the track that u were asking about - its on hernan cattaneo's album............PQM - You Are Sleeping
<i></i>

What are "your skivvies"? Who nails you and why? 
<i></i>

To air is human, to land is divine.

Download a mix right here

nas79uk,

Thanks very much for the effort, but that's actually my signature (see below).

<i>Edited by: Dan Harwood

Prog God

...clears the dancefloor shocker 

...a tribe of pygmies in the Amazon rain forest saw that one coming......

" In the land of the blind.......the one eyed man is king.........."<i></i>

thought the night was much more enjoyable than that of the previous month.

alot less packed

alot less hotter too

the sound was definately alot more louder and crispy clear than last month too.. so that was good!

missed phil thompson's set, but got there when creamer was on.. he was good, mixing was tight. i didnt really expect his set to go anyehere considering he had jxl and digweed playing after him.

tunes i recognised from creamer's set..

powerplant - with or without you - wicked tune

matt schwartz - can you feel what im going through

so get up acapella ove a couple of tunes.

peace division - do you see me

im sure he played a dogma tune too??

jxl's set was banging and got the crowd going quite well!

played..

beauty never fades

breezer

his tune with gary newman on it

bon voyage!

and as for digweed.. well.. his sets still never fail to amaze me. 

if i knew half the tunes he played i'd be very happy!!

he played tracks that subtly sounded like acid house kinda tunes!.. and he played a couple of tracks that just teased everyone on the dancefloor too.

best set out of the lot imo.

played 2 months off.. thats the only one i could bloody recognise.

Ren.

<i></i>