Topic: Global Underground Paul Oakenfold

Been listening to this again over the last few days and I gotta say it's probably still one of my Fav's.

Not for the programming or mixing 'cause as we all know they suck.

But the track selection is amazing.  Quality stuff, so uplifting.

Re: Global Underground Paul Oakenfold

i totally agree with you fella!

GU 007 is without doubt the best gu release so far........in my opinion anyway.  The track selection is fab - it's got everything and i dont think ill ever get sick of it - even though i deteste mr oakenfolds style at the moment.

Mystica - Bliss (FANTASTIC!)

ya  I felt the same way about Oakie untill I heard him in Miami at the WMC Ultra Festival...OMG it was a completly amazing set....over 40,000+ people and he got everyone so into the tracks, build up after build up it was like he would never stop...it was so good. So he still can throw down and amazing live set...when he wasnts too anyway...and imo his new ablums you can keep em!  roll ...that GU cd is great...man i wish he would produce CD like he did back  :!:

-__--_-__---_-__+Progressive+__---__-__-_--_-

POKENfold, is his real name.  I give credit to gu.007, but is he still a wanker! wink

"I may not be Fred Flintstone, but I bet I can make your Bed Rock!!"

Timeless tracks mixed by a monkey

Timeless tracks mixed by a monkey

wots the tracklist for GU007 then - beuller?

Whats your ?

nice mix  wink

oakie had a good mix, but i really dont think that ANY DJ WILL ever top what sasha accomplished with the san fran mix. that one still sends shivvers up mme spine. disc 1 is awesome, but disc 2 is godly[/b]

strength comes not from physical capacity, but from an indomitable will.- ghandi.
http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/ima … 1145806337
http://gifdepot.com/albums/Animals/Shes … repuke.gif
[img]http://www.bigfootencounters.com/files/mk_davis_pgf.gif[/img]

which Digweed GU is the one on your picture?...haven`t seen that version before.

"I want it Digweed style, not in some mediocre way!"

damn. i didnt bought the GU collection ...

i wanna get all of them...  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Music is about everything and i like to know you all. care to drop in me some email? cheers on

dr.gonzo - that GU picture is from Digweed's Hong Kong, CD 2 from the limited edition version.

Is 007..... in New York? Think i have it somewhere, i'll have to listen to again!

Two babies walkin away from the car at once this must be together with your hat on.

007 is great, but that Elvis remix is RUBBISH! Hopefully he'll make enough money never to have to sell out like that again.

Now if David Blane wanted a real feat of endurance, he should have had Rubberneckin' on repeat play piped into his stupid glass box!

Come on Oakie, we all know you can do better than that!

There's no sense in silliness!

thats jsut it, he cant, he lost it all after the oslo cd and cant find it. maybe he should go check his attic. it might be behind the 50 crates of munster cheese.

strength comes not from physical capacity, but from an indomitable will.- ghandi.
http://www.mercuryserver.com/forums/ima … 1145806337
http://gifdepot.com/albums/Animals/Shes … repuke.gif
[img]http://www.bigfootencounters.com/files/mk_davis_pgf.gif[/img]

took that back.....when he pulls his gibbon finger out of his arse he can send your mind into overdrive......paul if ever you do read this stop playing cheesy quavers and play that deep driving techy prog that your good at playing man......get all those cheesey hardhouse hybrids and give em back to the nukleus crew coz your far good a talent to waste on that music (which you cant mix the same way as your prog anyway)...agreed?

CD1 is perfect,
my fave tunes have to be
Jammie Myerson - Rescue Me
Coffee boys - the touch
Solar Stone - Flood

dont really rate CD2, its a bit all over the place for me + it finishes with BBE - Deeper love which i cant stand  :x

He did two mix-comps for Global Underground...

Dusted.

A monkey looking Retard

Why does this get wheeled out every now & again, it's sh1te, everyone knows it's sh1te & then he sold out to play even more sh1te. Lets all let it go, coz it's sh1te.

Free how to be a twat manual with every apple product sold

haven`t seen that version before.

I love it do you not?:I:I

i have never heard of his GU mix but i saw him in ibiza in sept and he was truly amazing, had never really rated him that much as he had never been very good whenever i saw him. but he rocked totally at cream.

s i may have to give him mix a listen

"The night resembled nothing so much as the nose of a giant Labrador in excellent health: cold, black, and wet."

wanker simple as pure up his own hole

thesightless wrote:

oakie had a good mix, but i really dont think that ANY DJ WILL ever top what sasha accomplished with the san fran mix. that one still sends shivvers up mme spine. disc 1 is awesome, but disc 2 is godly[/b]

Big Time

seanhendrix wrote:

wanker simple as pure up his own hole

I met him when my mate had him on at one of his nights around 2001 and he was far from being up his own hole. Along with Weatheral and Rampling he was fundamental in getting the UK club scene going in the late 80's. Alot of  folks don't recognise that.

btw his music these days is dire

Last edited by steelydan (Monday Nov 2009 13:31:50)