Re: Bin Dippers (Centenary Edition)

Apparently Fernando Torres had asked for "emergency talks" about the take over, maybe he should just focus on getting himself fit to play football

starcreeper wrote:

Richie - Liverpool fans should count themselves lucky you aint making the decisions cos that hole would be a thousand feet deeper right now if you were. You're not making any decent points on the general picture other than Benitez's record, Dalglishs record and an unfair attack on a manager considering the circumstances. It seems you really are underestimating the severity of the situation and answering it with a knee jerk reaction. Its not Hodgsons fault he was offered the job.

Why is it unfair? I've given statistics on Hodgson which no one wants to hear. Getting relegated with Blackburn while having a very expensive squad + low win % at Blackburn, Fulham and Inter. What more do you want? Blackburn's relegation is the worst statistical relegation in the history of the Premier League which he must shoulder the majority of blame for.

Apart from Fulham, his CV is not the best and anyone objective knows this. He should never have been brought in. I don't blame him for taking the job but always going to end in tears as there's no player confidence in him - I wouldn't have had any confidence in him at all.

This has been worsened by the fact that he's brought in a bunch of very average players for a lot of money who are nearing the end of the careers and have not performed (Konchesky, Poulsen). Getting in a crocked/overrated player who's not performed (Joe Cole) and an average player (Meireles) + playing him out of position.  Loaning out Insua and Aquilani without suitable replacements.

His tactics have been bizarre to say the least.

Liverpool have had less than 70 goal attempts on goal this season - Stoke have had more;
Only one team has delivered fewer crosses in attack since the start of this season;
If you compare this season's fixtures with last season, Liverpool have allowed their opponents double the amounts of shots on goal and nearly double the amounts of crosses into the box as a result of letting teams attack them.

Liverpool certainly aren't a great side at present but they should be hovering around the top 6 with all the internationals they have. Maybe I'll be wrong but I don't expect form to improve over October so where does that leave Liverpool. In the relegation zone in November. If they don't pick up more than 3 points in their next 3 fixtures, they need to get rid otherwise they might leave it to late.

Your argument would be perfectly legit if the club weren't in dissaray since the start of last season. Whats bizaare is that you're the only Pool fan I know that has this opinion. You give the impression that it was the picking of the manager that has turned the club upside down. Granted performances have been muck but your a little naive to be blaming it all on one source.

Im done here, should have learned me lesson 2 pages ago.

Football.

So then, who should have managed Liverpool?

Can anyone confirm their availability and willingness to take up the job?

Good point - but that's why I'd have kept Rafa ... or approached Hiddink early on (not that he may have wanted the job). Changing some of the backroom would have been a better option.

You don't replace your manager if you can't get a better one, as Chelsea found out when they marginalised Jose.

Last edited by simonr (Friday Oct 2010 12:44:09)

SimonR

Wiggipedia wrote:

Sorry, I meant to add to the first para......

So even if the court does throw the case out and allows the other much better and definitely safe as houses Septics to buy the club then you could still get the points deduction and probably go down as a result. It's a tough league this season too.

after folowing developments this afternoon it looks like the court case needs to rule in our favour before 15th Oct otherwise we WILL get the points deduction - even if as you say we do end up with the Red Sox guys

i do believe we won't go down though

simonr wrote:

Good point - but that's why I'd have kept Rafa ... or approached Hiddink early on (not that he may have wanted the job). Changing some of the backroom would have been a better option.

You don't replace your manager if you can't get a better one, as Chelsea found out when they marginalised Jose.

keeping Rafa would not have helped as he had lost the dressing room Simon

there is no easy fix

just to throw it out there i've seen rumours today that the Ref Sox guys might go after Klinnsman - lol

MattBlack wrote:

Apparently Fernando Torres had asked for "emergency talks" about the take over, maybe he should just focus on getting himself fit to play football

Nando WILL leave if these new guys (if they do take over) do not buy him a star striker to play with

he might even be questioning whether Hodgson is going to be bombed out due to the fact he is clearly out of his depth

smallman1 wrote:

with cunts for fans (present company excepted.)

Nope, im defo a cunt.

Thats got to be my biggest beef at the moment, one striker and Ngog. We need more fire power. And someone to get it to them, oh and right back and...

American owners have 1 interest only - bottom line.

Most commercially aggressive country in the world.

Why else would they be looking to buy an English football club?

I dunno. Lerner seems to be doing a good job at Villa. Obviously I don't know what his long term plans are but as far as the current crop of buyouts go he's been one of the best of the bunch. He's not overspent to plunge the club into irrecoverable debt and also spent cash sorting out the infrastructure and things at ground level. Not sure if the O'Neill exit was handled as good as it could have been but what do you do with 5 days left til the Premier League starts.

smallman1 wrote:

American owners have 1 interest only - bottom line.

Most commercially aggressive country in the world.

Why else would they be looking to buy an English football club?

Especially THAT one.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

At the end of the day the fault lies with the 11 players on the field putting together a pathetic excuse for football. Show some fucking pride and dig yourselves out of it.

the players and the club just need a lift imo

the takeover could provide that

conversely a 9 point deduction could also galvanise us as well

re: ownership - as long as there is no debt then I don't care - we make a lot of money off the pitch now - and you have to give the current owners some credit for that cos the previous regime was total bollox

a new stadium would take us up another level as well - that should still be the 'end game' for all concerned!!

shaunstrudwick wrote:

conversely a 9 point deduction could also galvanise us as well

TBH with you, Shaun. With the mood the way it is at Anfield I could see a 9 point deduction pretty much being the final straw for Gerrard and Torres and have them putting in a transfer request.

Apparently Gerard was in London the other week while being 'rested' from the Europa fixture. Perhaps a replacement for Fabregas at the end of the season. Wouldn't blame him to be honest - he's carried the club for the best part of 10 years and deserves to have a league title under his belt, which quite frankly won't be happening with Liverpool before his career is over.

Awesome news

Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton admits the club could end up in administration next week.

The Reds' future will be decided in the High Court on Tuesday, as Broughton battles with the club's owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks over the proposed sale of the club to New England Sports Ventures.

Broughton was hired by Hicks and Gillett earlier this year as club chairman, with his main job being to find a new owner.

He has now set up a £300million sale to NESV, but Hicks and Gillett are not happy with the price and are now taking the issue to court.

If Hicks and Gillett win their case, then Broughton says the club could very well go into administration as the club's main financial backers, Royal Bank of Scotland, are due to call in their debt of £280million on October 15.

Should RBS call in their debts, then that would see Liverpool enter administration which would also see a nine-point deduction in the Premier League.

"It [administration] could happen, yes," Broughton told the Daily Telegraph.

"This is all part of why it is important that we made the decision on Tuesday to accept one or the other of the two very acceptable bids. Heading for administration was a very likely outcome if we didn't.

"Even now with the court case looming, administration cannot be ruled out. It is not inevitable, and I am not going to start giving percentages of how much it is possible. That is why we are going to court to clarify our position on the sale of the club, and we have to win in court, and we will win in court."

Broughton admits the consequences of administration would be "catastrophic".

"Going into administration needs to be avoided at all costs, as the negative impact would be catastrophic," he said.

"Setting aside the nine-point deduction, it would have an impact on Liverpool's value and be wide open to predators, whereas we have what we believe is the right new owners to take the club forward."

Should Hicks and Gillett fail, NESVs takeover could be completed shortly afterwards as their proposed directors, John W Henry and Tim Werner, have been cleared by the Premier League to take control of the club under its owners and directors test.

Part of the problem

That is good news.

Fingers crossed.

Bahahahahahahahaha http://static.yuku.com/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/roll.gif

The club that just keeps on giving. Go Woy go!

Part of the problem

^    zzzzzz

Woy is inept & out of his depth - he won't last much longer.

The main thing has been securing our financial future - now work on the pitch can start. At least the new owners have a real perspective on the work needed etc.

SimonR

Roy is a an inoffesive cunt yet massively out of his depth - he needs to pack his bags and get the fuck out of dodge

Louis Fabiano or Dzeko and Steven Defour and Hangelaand and we're sorted

hope to fuck we don't get O'Neill (no offense Si) tho

personally i'd like to get Hamann back at the club - he's a total legend and a top bloke to boot - him with Sami as no.2

Last edited by shaunstrudwick (Sunday Oct 2010 12:30:33)

simonr wrote:

The main thing has been securing our financial future - now work on the pitch can start. At least the new owners have a real perspective on the work needed etc.

I bet the new owners would rather spend money on a new stadium than new players. Much more likely to see a return on the investment.

At this point, it would be better financially for the new owners to see Liverpool relegated than to open their checkbook for Hodgson to spend their money on players.

it really would not be good news to get relegated but i take your point