Topic: Favourite noise?

I love breaks because it has lots of stupid noises. What's your favourite honk, squonk, paarp or screetch?

I'll start with the "Zzzzznnyerp! Zzzzznnyerp! Zzzzznnyerp! Zzzzznnyerp!" in Aquasky vs Master Blasters' 'Sureshot'.

Funky Dung

"It's in the saaand"

Re: Favourite noise?

There are loads, but off the top of my head, the electricity/laser type noises in Plump DJ's 'Scram' (was recently told is a sample from a Domestos ad [!])

Most of their tunes have those bleepy, squeaky thipe sounds in them, which is wicked.

But there is nothing more satisfying than a gorgeous, bassline, particularly those smooth, deep'n'subby rolling ones.The ones that sometimes almost sound out of tune with themselves, if that makes any sense at all.

Goosebumps territory.

x

@nnax

any sample from koma and bones - high rollin

i love it :oops:

jung

Believe it or not I heard a brand new tune this w/end that sounded like it had a seal in it . . . .  and it was amazing . . . !

big thumbs up for submarine noises, a right good squelch, and have to agree with Anna B about the bassline . . . fave bassline has got to be the Underworld mix of St Etienne  (yeah it's 4/4 but it's still lush).

I love that main Riff in Dylan Rhymes and Force Mass Motion - Vanquish. Quality... not strictly a noise but damn good!

i love that driving buzz sound that is all thru the blame - "music takes you" (BLIM rmx) that just explodes during the breakdown.

I know you hear the music............ but are you listening???

im obsessed with snares...nothing better than a nice properly compressed snare.lush

I'm obsessed with PMT's baselines

Oh yeah - I love the voice in KC Flightt's 'Voices' (PMT mix). That "Dum digga-dum dum, digga-dum dum, dum dum dum" one. Chopped-up funny voices always do it for me.

Did that mix get a proper release, by the way? I want it.

Funky Dung

"It's in the saaand"

Also...

The growl in Koma & Bones - Morpheus

Funky Dung

"It's in the saaand"

The PMT remix of 'Voices' Came out on Hooj Choons, disk 2 with Fata Morgana remix on the flip, if that helps.

Yes, his basslines really hit the spot, especially in 'Shed My Skin' and 'Gyromancer' I also love the break in that particular tune- it's instantly recognisable. PMT is one of the producers that got me into breaks.

Speaking of Koma & Bones, does anyone remember that tune 'Fade In'?That's my fave K&B tune by miles, but you can't get it anywhere.

@nnax

Fade In - was that the K&B track that samples that Radiohead guitar riff?

Is indeed lush . . . I had an mp3 of it but it was an atrocious recording. I assume getting a vinyl copy would require hell freezing over . .

respect to you Anna for plucking that 'un out !

I'm still in love with the K&B mix of DB+ from last year - came out at a time when I was going off K&B's stuff a bit but that blew me out of the water.

assume everyone knows Frontside - Dammerung ? (another stunning Australian record folks). There's a bit in that about 3/4 mins in where itr breaks down and a kick brings it back in :
BOM. . . BOM-BOM . . . BOM-BOM
BOM. . . BOM . . . BOM-BOM-BOM-BOM BOM
then the riff drops  back in . . .

hairs on the back of your neck stuff man . . .

And another fave noise :

remember the Rabbit In The Moon mix of Keoki - Caterpillar ?
How about the "Beeeoooooowwwwww" descending noise like someone dropping a phaser gun down a mineshaft ?! 
Totally brilliant . . .