Re: The General Footy Thread

Hale Barns ! Aaah the Bulls head . Is that still there?

Last edited by Dermo (Thursday Jun 2013 08:28:49)

Part of the problem

Laughing Jack wrote:

Back on topic there is a building that has a garden down the side of it, opposite the Prada art gallery. Head up the hill there and you will be sorted for tapas, red wine and culture.

For the record I have seen Big Fella on a bike and he is not to be messed with. He was tapping out at least 128 bpm on the hill up to The Griffin In Bowden.  A few drinks later and he was bunny hopping, non handed, the lot.

Ed - when you are up for the game give me a shout, bound to be some sort of party on round at ours. (VIP natch)

lol at LJ getting all confused between threads. Early morning was it? I've heard about this jolly ride around Hale with Biggs pushing the pace on & leaving his wife behind. 128 bpm sounds OK for a nice prog set but any climbing over 100 rpm will have you gasping.

Dermo wrote:

What a fucking shit pub.

Haha I was seeing a bird and her dad lived just near it. He insisted every time we went up that we go 'for a quick one' there.
Think it was just an excuse as he propped the bar up there. Right slag she was. Happy days.

Last edited by Dermo (Thursday Jun 2013 08:38:40)

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Yeah, I am ashamed to say it is my local, the place wants burning to be fair.  They have an award on the wall for best pub design from 1991 and haven't changed anything since then. It should be a goldmine given the area it is in, but the owner can't be arsed spending any money on it.

Jack is back baby.....

Aye her old man was a pilot. A pissed one. Great mix.

Part of the problem

Nice to see the Arse splashing a bit of cash on Higuain.

Will be nice if we secure Thiago.

Why are Barcelona rumoured to be getting rid of Thiago? He looked ridiculously good in that U21 tournament and Xavi and Iniesta are getting pretty old, surely he should be part of the next generation?

草泥马

Same could be said of Fabregas I suppose, saying that it is probably all paper talk and we will reveal Fletch as our new dynamo.

Rooney to Arsenal then hey? Chances of that?

Part of the problem

I hope he's on route Dermo

Muzika Dan@Ukiyo Dublin 24-5-14 by Dan (High-Soul Society)
http://soundcloud.com/dannyoliver72/dan … 14/s-cmShA

I dunno why but I have a feeling he might go there.

Part of the problem

200k a week at Arsenal.Wenger will have a heart attack.

Arsenal have got a lot of money and no debt in comparison to others. It was a matter of time before they started to splash cash. Looks like Higuain and Fellani are on their way too. They got 27 million a season just for the new sponsorship.

Part of the problem

They need a decent keeper as well.Been their problem since Seaman retired.Whers Valdes going when he leaves Barca?

SZSCESZSSXCYSNYSY will probably be decent in a few years but he's only a kid in goalkeeper terms isn't he?

草泥马

I hope we snap up QPR's keeper

Muzika Dan@Ukiyo Dublin 24-5-14 by Dan (High-Soul Society)
http://soundcloud.com/dannyoliver72/dan … 14/s-cmShA

That was a fucking strange signing.

Part of the problem

For Utd away my plan is this -

Train up in the morning, swing into the Emporium for lunch, head to the game, then meet LJ and hopefully Pube for a tour of Manchester's finest night spots.

Can't wait.

smallman1 wrote:

Train up in the morning, swing into the Emporium for lunch, head to the game, then meet LJ and hopefully Pube for a tour of Manchester's finest night spots.

Can't wait.

Unfortunately will be in Tenerife that weekend Ed, not that I was invited to the good stuff anyhow...

None of which will happen obviously. Manchester isn't a suburb of London either.

smallman1 wrote:

Can't wait.

Beijing Dave wrote:

Why are Barcelona rumoured to be getting rid of Thiago? He looked ridiculously good in that U21 tournament and Xavi and Iniesta are getting pretty old, surely he should be part of the next generation?

Thiago has looked boss - can't see him being got rid either

all paper talk imo

Phil Opian wrote:

None of which will happen obviously. Manchester isn't a suburb of London either.

smallman1 wrote:

Can't wait.

Looking forward to it all Phil.

Phil Opian wrote:

smallman1 wrote:

Can't wait.

Phil possibly outing himself as fadass here.

Never created an alias. Can't envisage a time when I'll feel the need to either.

Also, wouldn't have an issue with Ed at all, seems like a good egg. And I like Flares to know that he's a complete melter under my usual name.

Last edited by fadass (Friday Jun 2013 03:42:47)