Re: The General Footy Thread

Looks like Utd have missed out on Thiago Alicantara, he's joined Bayern instead

Re: The General Footy Thread

MattBlack wrote:

Looks like Utd have missed out on Thiago Alicantara, he's joined Bayern instead

Not to worry; I've heard he's shite.

Re: The General Footy Thread

starcreeper wrote:

Baines coming in

Only 5 seasons too late. Scoff at Williams all you like; he's the future, Baines is the past (it).

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The General Footy Thread

By the way, did you notice that Arsenal team half full of reserve players thrash some nobodies 7-0 today? Kind of sweet when you consider the Ushited side half full of reserve players that lost to some nobodies yesterday. Word is Moyes will have his lucky Europa League underpants back from the dry cleaners just in time for August. Rock on.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The General Footy Thread

Baines wasn't in his prime 5 years ago was he though? But he is now. United can afford to buy players in their prime short term and carry on bringing youth through to replace when ready. In that position you have Buttner. Look what Laurent Blanc brought them. You need experienced players there to shoulder the pressure. Players that have experience at the highest level for the younger inexperienced players to rely on. That's something United have always done and an ethic Arsenal have not for ages. Baines fits that model exactly. He will slide straight in and even more so under Moyes. It would be a fantastic signing. Unlike fucking Ashley fucking Williams. What's he going to bring to win the league this year? Nothing, absolutely fucking nothing. Because players like Williams don't and won't win you the league, but players like Baines will.

The amount of so called 'has been' players Arsenal have revived over the years completely floors your argument. Henry several times and Davor Suker to name two.

Some of the utter shite your club is harbouring is laughable when you consider what United have on tap compared.

Santos
Bendtner
Gervinho
Chamakh
Ju Young Park
Frimpong
Djourou

You do set yourself nicely up for a fall, Flaresy. I've seen this so many times before on here. Arsenal and Spurs fans giving it the big bollox only to disappear half way through the season. And lets face it there's more than a fair chance it will happen again this season too,while you wait for your players to 'Bed in' again LOL
Being a delusional fanatic gets you nowhere long term. You end up with absolutely no kudos what so ever and your opinion on football counts for absolutely fucking zilch (see SimonR).
To be fair though most of the current Arsenal fans are pretty lucid. Something you may like to humbly resort to when it all backfires.

Last edited by Dermo (Monday Jul 2013 00:43:45)

Part of the problem

Re: The General Footy Thread

Sorry Dermo, Buttner is 24 and fairly gash.

If he was at Liverpool, you'd be ridiculing him.

Bad example.

草泥马

Re: The General Footy Thread

Ushited still a classic.

Hilarious bants.

草泥马

Re: The General Footy Thread

I think Buttner will come good. i saw him pre Ushited and he looked great. He just hasn't had the games yet. 24 is young no?

Part of the problem

Re: The General Footy Thread

I think Liverpool will be pushing for 4th.

Hearing good things about the new signings.

Re: The General Footy Thread

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

By the way, did you notice that Arsenal team half full of reserve players thrash some nobodies 7-0 today? Kind of sweet when you consider the Ushited side half full of reserve players that lost to some nobodies yesterday. Word is Moyes will have his lucky Europa League underpants back from the dry cleaners just in time for August. Rock on.

Isn't the winning bit irrelavent to you, you thick contrarian twat?

Last edited by Grant (Monday Jul 2013 01:07:43)

Re: The General Footy Thread

smallman1 wrote:

I think Liverpool will be pushing for 4th.

Hearing good things about the new signings.

we caned the mighty Preston 4-0

i'm gonna stick my neck out and say that the title's already in the bag!

Re: The General Footy Thread

Init Shaun. It's our year. Again.

Re: The General Footy Thread

LOL at Andy Carroll at Wireless...


https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPFlxUzCQAAj6QL.jpg

Re: The General Footy Thread

Why is he wearing a high-vis road-worker's vest?

Re: The General Footy Thread

look at the state of him - LOL!

Re: The General Footy Thread

shaunstrudwick wrote:

look at the state of him - LOL!

He normally looks that thick though.

Re: The General Footy Thread

Liverpool paid 35 million pounds for Carroll.

Re: The General Footy Thread

Would probably tackle the swamp donkey on his arm tbf.

Re: The General Footy Thread

Big Fella wrote:

Liverpool paid 35 million pounds for Carroll.

off-set by selling him on for £20m

(phew - saved face there)

Last edited by shaunstrudwick (Monday Jul 2013 06:08:13)

Re: The General Footy Thread

shaunstrudwick wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Liverpool paid 35 million pounds for Carroll.

off-set by selling him on for £20m

(phew - saved face there)

And considering Dalglish stated he was actually bought for minus £15m that's actually £35m profit!

Re: The General Footy Thread

errr... what's going on here?

Moyesy continuing with his outrageous bids for the Barca 'bench' midfielders

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23316448

Re: The General Footy Thread

Presto wrote:
shaunstrudwick wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Liverpool paid 35 million pounds for Carroll.

off-set by selling him on for £20m

(phew - saved face there)

And considering Dalglish stated he was actually bought for minus £15m that's actually £35m profit!

that's some fucking crazy logic applied from the Torres deal - lol

Re: The General Footy Thread

Grant wrote:

Isn't the winning bit irrelavent to you, you thick contrarian twat?


Well done you for starting the working week with a bitter, twisted comment. Obvious troll is obvious.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The General Footy Thread

Dermo wrote:

I think Buttner will come good. i saw him pre Ushited and he looked great. He just hasn't had the games yet. 24 is young no?

Remember all, Derms is a cheshire leeds fan ... guaranteed to know fuck all about football, the whopper.

In reality there should be a Championship footy thread for him.

SimonR

Re: The General Footy Thread

Dermo wrote:

Baines wasn't in his prime 5 years ago was he though? But he is now. United can afford to buy players in their prime short term and carry on bringing youth through to replace when ready. In that position you have Buttner. Look what Laurent Blanc brought them. You need experienced players there to shoulder the pressure. Players that have experience at the highest level for the younger inexperienced players to rely on. That's something United have always done and an ethic Arsenal have not for ages. Baines fits that model exactly. He will slide straight in and even more so under Moyes. It would be a fantastic signing. Unlike fucking Ashley fucking Williams. What's he going to bring to win the league this year? Nothing, absolutely fucking nothing. Because players like Williams don't and won't win you the league, but players like Baines will.

The amount of so called 'has been' players Arsenal have revived over the years completely floors your argument. Henry several times and Davor Suker to name two.

Some of the utter shite your club is harbouring is laughable when you consider what United have on tap compared.

Santos
Bendtner
Gervinho
Chamakh
Ju Young Park
Frimpong
Djourou

You do set yourself nicely up for a fall, Flaresy. I've seen this so many times before on here. Arsenal and Spurs fans giving it the big bollox only to disappear half way through the season. And lets face it there's more than a fair chance it will happen again this season too,while you wait for your players to 'Bed in' again LOL
Being a delusional fanatic gets you nowhere long term. You end up with absolutely no kudos what so ever and your opinion on football counts for absolutely fucking zilch (see SimonR).
To be fair though most of the current Arsenal fans are pretty lucid. Something you may like to humbly resort to when it all backfires.


What a monstrous pile of steaming, hot guano. The only reason you're licking Baines' arse is because Moyes wants to raid his old club to replace that massive public relations bellend Evra, who isn't even very good any more. I've heard plenty of guff from Salford mongs in the past about how Baines isn't Untied quality, now all of sudden he's the second coming because Your Great Leader says so? Pull the other one, it's got bells on it. If he was that good Ferguson would have had him years ago, for less than the £18 million odd that Everton are trying to squeeze out of you now.

Trouble with Untied fans is they're a thousand times worse than Dippers when comes to misty-eyed reminiscence about the past - your 'youth' set up hasn't produced a wet wank since the glory days of Scholes/Giggs/Beckham yada yada yada, but you're all locked in a fucking time warp about that group of players and can't see the wood for the trees. And don't get me started on some of the dogshit Fergie brought in during his years at the club because he signed some right stinkers which lost big money; that bunch of Arsenal you listed are either out on loan or on their way out for more money than we paid for them. Nobody cares about Buttner, Cleverly or Danny 'Can't control a football' Welbeck either - they only ever wear an England shirt because Untied have placed their people at the top level of the FA, the corrupt cunts.

What's all this about 'bedding in'? In case you haven't noticed we're about to offer £35 million for Suarez, likely the best player in the league and one of the top names in Europe. He won't need his fucking hand held I can tell you, which kind of proves your point about buying established top level players, except he'll be scoring goals aplenty for us not you. I also hear Moysey is readying an equivalent bid for Fabregas, of which approximately half will end up in our pockets, if we allow you to have him (first refusal see?). You silly, silly, desperate cunts, resorting to crawling around the players we make into stars because your shit club can't do it any more. Oh, the irony.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1