Re: The General Footy Thread

When he wants to go highbrow, The Metro is the go-to news source.

Seems to be slightly more than gossip

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/07/17/napo … ce-cavani/

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis, has confirmed that the Serie A club has opened negotiations with Real Madrid over Gonzalo Higuain, as they begin the search for Edinson Cavani’s replacement.

fadass wrote:

http://i.min.us/ibtFUhUkAcFTEY.gif

Proper footballer right there. Legend.

Arsenal haven't got the gravitas to sign world class players.

Crunch time for the England ladies team tonight as they  take on.....

Oh fuck it. Has anybody actually been paying it the slightest bit of attention?

You can't even masturbate to it.

shocking

Any girl that can't distinguish between her grandmother and a wolf is either as dense as teak or comes from a really ugly family

Presto wrote:

Crunch time for the England ladies team tonight as they  take on.....

Oh fuck it. Has anybody actually been paying it the slightest bit of attention?

You can't even masturbate to it.

I wouldnt even want to try

According to Gary Neville, the fate of the window is hanging on one major transfer, creating a domino effect of big name moves between top clubs. Darren Bent was apparently unavailable for comment.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Citeh doing their utmost to buy the title by spending more than Chelsea.

I see they've signed both Jovetic and Negredo to add to Navas, Aguero, Dzeko.

We can't even manage to tie up a deal for Benteke....

Like how Jose has started the mind games with his second fiddle comments.

Big Fella wrote:

Like how Jose has started the mind games with his second fiddle comments.

Hope all of his midfielders were listening.

Word is that Arsenal have put an enquiry in for Mata...

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Word is that Arsenal have put an enquiry in for Mata...

Arsenal should grow a pair and put a bid in for him.

Like we already have for Rooney, Suarez and Higuain? The Rooney offer was 20 mill and was rejected outright; Higuain transfer was all but done until moneybags Napoli stuck their oar in and now Madrid apparently want the thick end of £37 million for him instead of the 23 we'd agreed; Wenger has been given green light to sign Suarez for 40 but now Liverpool have decided he's worth £55 million all of a sudden. There's growing a pair and there's having the piss royally taken out of you. If the Dippers won't play ball I say fuck it off - he'll end up going anyway, they'll spend the money on a load of shit like they always do and end up finishing nowhere, like they always do.

Hard to take Arsenal seriously these days.

Haven't won a pot in years and can't sign a decent player for toffee.

If you had any ambition as a footballer you wouldn't be heading to the Emirates.

smallman1 wrote:

Hard to take Arsenal seriously these days.

Haven't won a pot in years and can't sign a decent player for toffee.

If you had any ambition as a footballer you wouldn't be heading to the Emirates.

Not even with the best midfield in the Prem. lollikins.

Like we already have for Rooney, Suarez and Higuain? The Rooney offer was 20 mill and was rejected outright; Higuain transfer was all but done until moneybags Napoli stuck their oar in and now Madrid apparently want the thick end of £37 million for him instead of the 23 we'd agreed; Wenger has been given green light to sign Suarez for 40 but now Liverpool have decided he's worth £55 million all of a sudden. There's growing a pair and there's having the piss royally taken out of you. If the Dippers won't play ball I say fuck it off - he'll end up going anyway, they'll spend the money on a load of shit like they always do and end up finishing nowhere, like they always do.

Amateur night at the emirates as per.

Liverpool haven't decided he's worth £40 let alone a laughable £30m - given that LS is Uruguay's top goalscorer, nearing his peak and twice the player that £55m Cavani is, expect to pay big if he's dumb enough to join you in an attempt to win fuck all.

Your wordiness belies a complete lack of common sense at times flaresy. Credit where its due, your posts are entertaining though.

SimonR

if Madrid offer Higuain & cash - i'd take that

obv would prefer him to go Madrid - tho i expect Madrid to also bid for Aguero given the glut of strikers now on City's books

Benteke's signed an extension. Fucking lol.

http://havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/

simonr wrote:

twice the player that £55m Cavani is

http://www.jacksmfg.com/newimages/products/144a.gif

As a good a manager as Wenger is (was?) I question whether he could handle the egos and baggage that come with Rooney and Suarez. Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

Arsenal need to target good players who have failed at their current club - just as they did with Henry and Bergkamp.

Presto wrote:

Benteke's signed an extension. Fucking lol.

Presto, you've probably watched Benteke more than most. On a scale of 1 to 10 how likely is it that Benteke is a one season wonder?

Villa should cash in, imo.

shaunstrudwick wrote:

if Madrid offer Higuain & cash - i'd take that

obv would prefer him to go Madrid - tho i expect Madrid to also bid for Aguero given the glut of strikers now on City's books

If Suarez moves to another English club it'll be easier for the dippers to shed themselves of the racist image.

You'll still be a bunch of murders who feel the world owes you something but it'll be a step in the right direction.

starcreeper wrote:
simonr wrote:

twice the player that £55m Cavani is

http://www.jacksmfg.com/newimages/products/144a.gif

Poof that Danny Tenaglia shouldn't be allowed near animals.