Re: The General Footy Thread

I put Jerusalem on in the background when reading that, not ashamed to say I had a tear in my eye.

Emotional BF.

JFT 39

Big Fella wrote:

I put Jerusalem on in the background when reading that, not ashamed to say I had a tear in my eye.

Lol.

Dermo wrote:

I like to think United fans, Chelsea fans, Leeds fans and every other fan in Europe fights the same battle as myself.

Internazionale fans fucking love Liverpool.

草泥马

haha Sympathisers.

JFT 39

Can't wait for Jose to walk out on Sunday.

Question for Fadass.

You're sat in the stands at Swansea on Saturday and Rooney walks on with the team, do you clap and sing his name?

No. applause for the shirts as usual. Names change, united doesn't.

Quote'unquote Sir Alex Fadass

JFT 39

So I see Downing has signed for West Ham.

I thought Brendan Rogers said that they wouldn't be selling to their closest rivals?

Zing!

(Best put in the dippers thread though, Yant)

Lol at Jamie Carragher saying that to get top four Liverpool just need 'one or two' more players. Maybe put those two numbers together and you're getting somewhere.

What is it with Sky filling up their punditry team with ex-Liverpool noobs who talk like a plate of beans navigating its way out of a cow's backside? Bitter old Arsenal-hater Souness, Jamie 'Mystic Meg' Redknapp and now the wholly unintelligible Carra. It's a pity, because despite his long association with Ushited, Gary Neville has been a revelation - not the monotone dullard I was expecting but an eloquent and well-balanced analyst who sees the big picture...we could do with more commentators like that.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Yet you hang on every word of Paul Merson.

Big Fella wrote:

Yet you hang on every word of Paul Merson.

Do you understand the phrase 'tongue in cheek' BF? I used that recently to describe my own post about Merson's opinion on Arsenal winning the league. The only person whose words I hang on are my own. And Hugh Grant, obviously.

Beijing Dave wrote:

Flaresy's a welcome antidote to all the nauseous, blinkered United sycophancy that goes on on this site, even from the likes of Leeds and Chelsea 'supporters' Dermo and Smalls.

New wheels?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRK1HlfCcAAe0i-.jpg:large

Can't believe I caught up in Dave's rhetoric tbf.

Looks like Hudd is on his way to Hull

proper world football news that is.

JFT 39

Tottenham offloading plenty of deadwood themselves, especially around the midfield, but they're also bringing in fresh players to replace them. I don't buy any guff about Spurs falling apart if they sell Bale. I hope they keep him personally - any team in which one player is clearly on another level and carrying the rest will always fall a little short. If they sold big and reinvested 50-60 million straight back into that squad I reckon Spurs would be a real handful with strength in depth. AVB knows what he's doing.

When Carrick pulled out of the game via the sky sports ticker tape, I did wonder what sort of excuse he would come up with to allow him play on Saturday with impunity..... 'eye infection'.... classic.

Last edited by Presto (Wednesday Aug 2013 08:57:26)

Shame is wasn't the other bloke with the really really really really irritating voice.

Lol

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/08/12/man … er-played/

I think there maybe a match on tonight, some meaningless friendly...

Why in the blue hell have they got the new Manchester United manager working as a pundit for ITV sport? I know he's Scottish but you wouldn't see Ferguson doing shite like this, it's bloody beneath him.