Re: The General Footy Thread

Credit to BF for showing Strudders the fucking thicket that he doesn't know the difference between revenue and profit.

草泥马

Looking forward to his pitch on Dragons' Den.

Beijing Dave wrote:

Credit to BF for showing Strudders the fucking thicket that he doesn't know the difference between revenue and profit.

clearly i have missed this

check out my hearthis.at page

i'm too old for this shit

Dermo wrote:

10,000 Bale shirts sold in the first 3 days ! The fastest selling shirt ever.

Official Real shop 52 quid.  Estimated to sell 800,000 shirts world wide in the first year  = 41.6 million quid. Ozil 40 mil means Bale in a years time would have cost nowt (ish)

800,000 additional shirts on top of those they would sold anyway? Or 800,000 shirts?

There's a big difference Strudders!

Whoops! I just presumed that was Strudders' post.

Dermo - I expected better of you!

haha not sure i didnt really calculate it myself, the whole thing was plagiarised off thickcunt.com.

pretty sure they meant sale of just Bale shirts.

Last edited by Dermo (Wednesday Sep 2013 05:25:14)

Part of the problem

Don't mind a bit of revenue and profit chat tbf.

At least Wazza got a sympathy blowjob following his gash:

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2250815.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/£££Wayne-Rooney-with-his-cut-head-at-Apple-Jacks-Farm-Warrington-2250815.jpg

SimonR

Beijing Dave wrote:

Mr Boring wrote:

Whoops! I just presumed that was Strudders' post.

Dermo - I expected better of you!

is Mr. Boring outing himself as a UMB alias here?

Last edited by shaunstrudwick (Wednesday Sep 2013 06:11:01)

Look at Mr Boring's post above that one.

Strudders back in the thicket category.

Presto wrote:

Look at Mr Boring's post above that one.

Strudders back in the thicket category.

so those 3 posts or so are unrelated to my post @ 10:29?

as you were

Has Simonr just posted the worst jpeg gag of all time on here?

Last edited by Big Fella (Wednesday Sep 2013 07:03:57)

shaunstrudwick wrote:

so those 3 posts or so are unrelated to my post @ 10:29?

as you were

I'm just here to make antagonistic comments to be honest.

Greg Dyke, what a twat. Wants to win the WC in 2022?? So no intention of the next 2 tourno's? Fucking mug. This is the reason we are shit. Because we are fucking inept from the top down. Add passionless wanker's to the equation and there's your sum product. A team that cant even take penalties. Penalties we have failed at since the early 70s. Stupid fucks.

Part of the problem

Big Fella wrote:

Has Simonr just posted the worst jpeg gag of all time on here?

Its a real shame you cant tip petrol through a message board letter box.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Greg Dyke, what a twat. Wants to win the WC in 2022?? So no intention of the next 2 tourno's? Fucking mug. This is the reason we are shit. Because we are fucking inept from the top down. Add passionless wanker's to the equation and there's your sum product. A team that cant even take penalties. Penalties we have failed at since the early 70s. Stupid fucks.

Refreshing to have someone set some goals.

They're a little missguided and definitely not achievable but I admire him for trying to do something about it rather than take the wage and roll over a la David Bernstein.

I havent got a clue but looks like most of the journos in the know say he should be focusing on the lack of coaches & facilities at a local level

Blaming the Premiership is a bit shortsighted (and his voice is fucking annoying)

Guess who's back .......... 'Odgy's back

smallman1 wrote:
Dermo wrote:

Refreshing to have someone set some goals.

They're a little missguided and definitely not achievable but I admire him for trying to do something about it rather than take the wage and roll over a la David Bernstein.

Agree.  TBF i'm sick of not hearing a long term strategy - it's always been about the immediate future with England.  And we all know that right now we are nowhere near good enough to even compete.  It's good to hear someone looking ahead a bit.  What they actually do about it is another matter - letting the younger players stay playing the U21 tournaments together would be a good start, rather than burning them out and rushing them into the first team.  Let them play together and come through the ranks (so to speak) so they already know each others game by the time they get to the senior team.   The fact that the players are not currently good enough is also a separate discussion....

We could learn a lot from how the crouts have done things over the last 10 years.

Last edited by Yant (Thursday Sep 2013 00:53:54)

Who are the crouts?

They're like Krauts, but nastier.

if the FA want a better national team that cunt Richard Scudamore needs to stop looking for the next big pay day and milking the Premiership for all that it is worth

a return to a max 3 foreign players cap would be a good idea

also bringing in a max wage cap of £200k would be adviseable

trouble starts at grass roots - this problem has existed since the premiership began (and before) but cos we had the 'golden generation' it has been glossed over

what the fuck is Trevor Brooking actually doing to improve things exactly?

we are still woefully short of fully badged up football coaches who will instill a more 'technical' emphasis

Kids don't play sport these days like we used to.  They're more interested in looking like some cunt from The Only Way Is Essex.

Grant wrote:

Kids don't play sport these days like we used to.  They're more interested in looking like some cunt from The Only Way Is Essex.

[paedo]i think we have to get at them when they are younger[/peado]

shaunstrudwick wrote:

if the FA want a better national team that cunt Richard Scudamore needs to stop looking for the next big pay day and milking the Premiership for all that it is worth

a return to a max 3 foreign players cap would be a good idea

also bringing in a max wage cap of £200k would be adviseable

trouble starts at grass roots - this problem has existed since the premiership began (and before) but cos we had the 'golden generation' it has been glossed over

what the fuck is Trevor Brooking actually doing to improve things exactly?

we are still woefully short of fully badged up football coaches who will instill a more 'technical' emphasis

Problem is most Premier league clubs arent bothered about the National team, look at Arsenal and Chelsea for example, how many English players have they actually brought through their first teams that have been first team regulars? Not very many.
You also have to remember that the 3 foreigner rule was completely unworkable, especially now that any EU players would be exempt from it as its against "freedom of movement" and sadly thats against the law (as long as we stay in the EU of course)
The FA brought in their quota for home grown players which states that "clubs will be required to have a squad named of up to 25 players, of which no more than 17 can be over the age of 21 and not home grown" The problem with that is though
“The definition of home grown is trained for three years under the age of 21 by somebody in the English and Welsh professional system. Clubs will have to declare their 25 at the end of August when the window shuts and then again at the end of January.”
So all these academies will now just bring in foreign youngsters, put them through their academies and circumnavigate the rules that way.
But the other side of the coin is that most young players want the football lifestyle but without actually doing the work for it, youve got kids at Man City earning 10,000 a week yet arent even near getting in the first team with teams always buying overseas its easy to see why English players at these big clubs end up signing for smaller clubs just so they can get a game and England managers rarely look beyond the top 4 clubs for their players

agree with all that

a sorry state of affairs indeed

Last edited by shaunstrudwick (Thursday Sep 2013 03:26:43)