Re: The General Footy Thread

Presto wrote:

Give me a table from the eighties any day.

You clearly weren't alive in the eighties.

There were some good moments in the eighties but overall I'm not a fan of the decade.

The nineties brought with it the back-pass rule. After Maradona that's the best thing to happen to football in my lifetime.

Lukaku has been loaned out to get more game time.

He'd be warming the bench at Chelsea which wouldn't do his development any favours.

Am sure Lukaku had a meeting and was given the option of being fourth choice striker or making a name for himself at Everton, fair play to the lad for not strutting round the smoke like he was Simonr.

smallman1 wrote:

Lukaku has been loaned out to get more game time.

He'd be warming the bench at Chelsea which wouldn't do his development any favours.

thought i had saw something that in the press that there was no return clause in the Lukaku loan deal?

*edit* he's at Everton all season

Last edited by shaunstrudwick (Tuesday Oct 2013 03:09:40)

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

Yeah, that's the case. Wish we'd have got him instead of Moses.

dutchy101 wrote:

fact

living la vida Strudders

shaunstrudwick wrote:
dutchy101 wrote:

fact

And leave Sturridge and Suarez on the bench?
Great bit of dealing by Martinez.Fact

Now't wrong with healthy competition for places.

Nice to see the real football fans understanding why we let Lukaku go out on loan for the season.

smallman1 wrote:

Nice to see the real football fans understanding why we let Lukaku go out on loan for the season.

See Mournihos been throwing his toys out of the pram again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24345069

MattBlack wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

See Mournihos been throwing his toys out of the pram again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24345069

Saw that last night but thanks anyway.

should have kept Rafa...

living la vida Strudders

smallman1 wrote:

Sorry mate I don’t understand, he was great last season so why loan him out again? Not strong enough to compete with the likes of the mighty Eto’o and Torres?

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Nick Sneddon wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Sorry mate I don’t understand, he was great last season so why loan him out again? Not strong enough to compete with the likes of the mighty Eto’o and Torres?

I've read a reasonably good source that Lukaku to West Ham on loan was a done deal - West Ham just had to get rid of someone off the wage bill to make the finances work - Vaz Te was the most realistic option but no-one would take the cunt on deadline day.  Real shame if true - Lukaku's a potential monster player.  Big future ahead of him if he keeps going.  Chelsea want to wrap him up though - if I was that cunt and had been farmed out like that by Chelsea I'd feel I owed them nothing.

smashdad wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

I've read a reasonably good source that Lukaku to West Ham on loan was a done deal - West Ham just had to get rid of someone off the wage bill to make the finances work - Vaz Te was the most realistic option but no-one would take the cunt on deadline day.  Real shame if true - Lukaku's a potential monster player.  Big future ahead of him if he keeps going.  Chelsea want to wrap him up though - if I was that cunt and had been farmed out like that by Chelsea I'd feel I owed them nothing.

yep heard something like that also, oh well

Has Eto done anything of any mention yet?

Amps wrote:

Has Eto done anything of any mention yet?

has he fuck

Eto's looked rusty but you can see the class.

He'll get there, needs time post Anzi.

Nick Sneddon wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Least experienced out of all of our strikers and will benefit from playing week in week out which we couldn't guarantee him.

smallman1 wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Least experienced out of all of our strikers and will benefit from playing week in week out which we couldn't guarantee him.

I would have kept him over Demba Ba anyday

smallman1 wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Personally I think he showed last season that he can walk the walk, but what do I know

The lad outscored any of his Chelsea team-mates last season but I suppose loaning Eto'o wasn't too helpful, from his point of view anyway.

Nick Sneddon wrote:
smallman1 wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:

Personally I think he showed last season that he can walk the walk, but what do I know

One swallow does not a summer make young Nick.

smallman1 wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

One swallow does not a summer make young Nick.

indeed my friend, we'll see what he does at Everton I guess but hes had 3 more than Eto'o and not too sure if Torres has scored in the prem or not yet?