Re: The General Footy Thread

smallman1 wrote:

Jack Wilshere's a horrible piece of work.

lol!

he's a proper chav isn't he

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Dan Harwood wrote:

Arsenal won the title in '91 So, going on Creeps post, and clutching at straws, maybe, just maybe, the stars are aligning once again.

You clearly didn't read my post.

The curse of the sub 1,000 poster!

smallman1 wrote:

Jack Wilshere's a horrible piece of work.

I would have thought you lot would love him down the at the Bridge? He's got a touch of the Dennis Wise's.

Its impossible to call any other player out for being a cunt when you support a team that has JohnTerry as the captain.

Terry Farley, who is a massive Chelsea fan, posted on his Facebook that he'd love to have him at The Bridge.

In his defence (Jack's and not Terry's), in an ideal world it should only be that only English players represented the England team. As should Italians only represent Italy, Spaniards Spain etc. Unfortunately, this isn't an ideal world, for many reasons, and National Associations have bent the rules to the extremes to boost their respective national sides and will continue to utilise the rules to their benefit.

It's been sensationalised, "English Players for England" screams the BBC site, when it truth it should only be that you represent the country of your birth. So, I don't have much problem with what Jack has said other than the way in which it was said (a blunt object in box full of sharp implements) and has been lept upon by the media.

Prog God

We wouldn't have him at Bolton. Oh.

John Barnes wasn't born in England

We'll be saying our manger has to be English next.

Januzaj wants his bumps feeling if he chooses England.

Half the French team from 98 were foreigners, Zidane was from Algeria, Desaily was from Ghana etc

and ribery's a muslim isnt he?

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

These days though all you need to be able to play for Ireland is to have drunk a pint of Guiness

MattBlack wrote:

These days though all you need to be able to play for Ireland is to have drunk a pint of Guiness

fucking lol, Matt.

Dan Harwood wrote:

it should only be that you represent the country of your birth

Nonsense, Dan.

Plenty of examples of people who've been born abroad who shouldn't represent their country of birth.

What about, for instance, Simone Perrotta, 48 caps for Italy and as Italian as they come probably, yet bizarrely was born in Stalybridge?

A mate of mine was born to English parents in Singapore because his father was working in the British consulate, yet he has live pretty much all his life in England. Would you seriously advocate him playing for Singapore if he was a professional sportsman?

草泥马

Nick Sneddon wrote:

Is that a country, Nick?

Prog God

Should Danny Welbeck be playing for England Dan, he's Ghanaian

Beijing Dave wrote:
Dan Harwood wrote:

Nonsense, Dan.

Plenty of examples of people who've been born abroad who shouldn't represent their country of birth.

What about, for instance, Simone Perrotta, 48 caps for Italy and as Italian as they come probably, yet bizarrely was born in Stalybridge?

A mate of mine was born to English parents in Singapore because his father was working in the British consulate, yet he has live pretty much all his life in England. Would you seriously advocate him playing for Singapore if he was a professional sportsman?

I think the examples you have given are fair play and perhaps cloud the issue. In both cases mentioned its obvious that the paths to be chosen are as described.

Prog God

MattBlack wrote:

Should Danny Welbeck be playing for England Dan, he's Ghanaian

Dont know the full details tbh. Was he born there or just of Ghanaian parentage? If he has spent the majority of life in the UK and considers himself English then of course imo.

Prog God

MattBlack wrote:

Half the French team from 98 were foreigners, Zidane was from Algeria, Desaily was from Ghana etc

Zidane is a born & bred Frenchman you bampot. He has Algerian heritage, theres a difference.

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

Dan Harwood wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:

Is that a country, Nick?

Sneddon has heard there's a vacancy going at the EDL. Don't ruin it for the lad.

Dan Harwood wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:

Is that a country, Nick?

no but he shouldnt be allowed to play, obvs

Last edited by Nick Sneddon (Wednesday Oct 2013 10:42:47)

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Beijing Dave wrote:
Dan Harwood wrote:

Nonsense, Dan.

Did anybody tell Roy Keane that Mick Mccarthy isn't a real Irisher?

stylustrouble wrote:

Did anybody tell Roy Keane that Mick Mccarthy isn't a real Irisher?

I think his words were, "Youre going on about playing for Ireland and youre not even Irish, you can stick your World Cup up your bollix."

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

Beijing Dave wrote:

Nonsense, Dan.

Dave = an absolute wealth of arcane football and trab knowledge.

I'll bet you kick fuck out of your local pub quiz...

starcreeper wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

Zidane is a born & bred Frenchman you bampot. He has Algerian heritage, theres a difference.

Sorry was misinformed, i was always under the impression he was born in Algeria and moved to France when he was young, Viera is another one though, hes originally from Ivory coast but played for France

He was born in fucking Senegal, you complete dope.