Re: The General Footy Thread

I've seen Chelsea lift the job lot.

And what a pleasure it's been.

Last edited by smallman1 (Monday Nov 2013 10:08:15)

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1424488_10202317654240659_1874569695_n.jpg

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

yes mate of course you will.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/vi … op-manager

Part of the problem

Has Sven got a book coming out ?

Last edited by simonr (Monday Nov 2013 15:01:46)

SimonR

How does a 7 word post need editing Simon? Just curious like.

Sven's book apparently waffles on about how he was all set to take over from Ferguson, which seems to me like the footballing equivalent of replacing Winston Churchill with Max Headroom. Still rate Sven for getting into Mad Nancy though, she was proper saucy in her day.

Also nice to see Riether getting charged for stamping on Januzaj - I'm glad the boy stood up to him too. Personally, I would of stuck the nut on him, but that's why I'm not a pro footballer. Something about kicking like a flid as well as I recall.

Inadvertently posted in the wrong thread .. hasty re-track and bland footy related post added. Saw Sven had been getting some attention in the press blabbing about being offered the OT job years ago .. now he's banging on about England.

SimonR

I reckon Sven would have been a better bet than Fuckwit Gollum.

I mean, at least he has won a major title. And isn't a complete tactical novice.

草泥马

Sven recommended either Chelsea or Spurs to Roman when he was looking for a club to buy.

Judging by the amount of trophies we've won since he invested I think it's fair to say he made the right choice.

Beijing Dave wrote:

I mean, at least he has won a major title. And isn't a complete tactical novice.

Was this before, or after he took over at City?

MattBlack wrote:
Beijing Dave wrote:

Was this before, or after he took over at City?

Tbf,there's been a few other Notts County managers recently that could've easily walked into the United job too.

smallman1 wrote:

Sven recommended either Chelsea or Spurs to Roman when he was looking for a club to buy.

Judging by the amount of trophies we've won since he invested I think it's fair to say he made the right choice.

he recommended Chelsea as the team rebuild wouldn't cost as much

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

Beijing Dave wrote:

So Gollum's a tactical novice and he can't get the best out of his players (like Fergie did). So how on earth did he get a club with no money to finish above Liverpool on a number of occasions?

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Having said that, if Arsenal do win it I'm waiting for some mug like Graham Souness to point out they still haven't done it in Europe.

This plus the old "They haven't successfully defended the title".

Prog God

If Arsenal bring in reinforcements in January then I'll consider them title contenders.

As it stands, they're an injury or two from imploding.

Mr Boring wrote:
Beijing Dave wrote:

So Gollum's a tactical novice and he can't get the best out of his players (like Fergie did). So how on earth did he get a club with no money to finish above Liverpool on a number of occasions?

cos Liverpool have been piss poor in recent seasons

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

smallman1 wrote:

As it stands, they're an injury or two from imploding.

Generic observation is generic. Say United lost Van Persie and De Gea all of a sudden - I'd say that represents big trouble. Rooney being out for any length of time would be a major blow given his current form. City aren't the same without Kompany, what if Toure limps off tonight? Arsenal are currently top with a bench that looks no better than your average pub team, and that's purely down to injuries. I think it's fucking remarkable they are where they are quite frankly...

Let's see:

Walcott
Podolski
Gibbs
Wilshere
Gnabry
Flamini
Diaby
Oxlade-Chamberlain

That's eight first team regulars on the treatment table. Squad depth my arse. I won't use it as an excuse if they lose tomorrow, but if they win it should be considered nothing short of a triumph. Losing Giroud would be a belter of a problem - that needs rectifying January 1st at the latest.

8 first team regulars? really? and 3 of those only got injured last week.  So not really that remarkable is it.

Yeh Serge Gnabry, that famous first team regular who has only ever play for Arsenal FOUR times.

Ever, in his whole life.... lol.

Mr Boring wrote:
Beijing Dave wrote:

*awaits answer with interest*

Diaby spends more time in the treatment room than Darren Anderton did

Darren "Tampon" Anderton.

One week in, 4 weeks out.

smallman1 wrote:

Or "sicknote" to everyone else

MattBlack wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

I thought you'd like that chief.

smallman1 wrote:
MattBlack wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

I thought you'd like that chief.

Think you were a bit generous, more in one week in 2 months out

smallman1 wrote:

Smalls gettin excited about his vacances in the big apple.Smashin them out today