Re: The General Footy Thread

starcreeper wrote:

Bonus points for making simonr denounce his racism before the coup de grace.

Sickening really.

Part of the problem

starcreeper wrote:

Take Ramsay out of the equation and Arsenal wouldn't have got a mention these past few months.

Take Rooney out of the equation and you're Oldham, I kid you not.

You want reality? Okay. The man who drove your sorry piss ant club to decades of glory is gone, and he's been replaced by a guy who's won fuck all. Not Jose. Not Pep. Not any other manager in Europe who has anything approaching a pedigree on their CV, just David fucking Moyes. Let us recall that Ferguson had won the European Cup previous to taking over, so his first few barren years could be taken with a pinch of salt because the guy was a born winner. But Moyes? So clueless and devoid of gravitas that now the wealthiest club in the world can't attract the big time charlies that will win you that elusive Liverpool-baiting next Champions League you crave. The guy who is head and shoulders your best player right now (Rooney) wouldn't bother changing his pants if Chelsea won the league and came back with a mega-money offer, he'd be out the door so quick. You could of swiped Ozil from under Arsenal's noses but you plummed it up so massively on deadline day you ended up with Fellaini, who is widely considered to be completely shite.

Laughing at Arsenal because the Rooney/RVP axis got you out of jail for the seventy-billionth time is laughable in itself - I watched the match then watched the highlights on MOTD and was reminded the rest of your shower did precisely FUCK ALL virtually the whole game, apart from the goal and Shrek's scuffed shot past the post. This isn't going to be like last season when everybody flapped around and let you stroll to the title off the back of the brilliance of Fatman and Robin and a certain genius from Govan...no, there's money been spent wisely and good players have stepped up to the plate for clubs hungry to see you knocked down a peg or three.

Reality is watching a stream of the game and the chat being chock full of spongs going, "a minute to go, I'm so excited!" and "30 seconds to go, come on United!" like it was your fucking World Cup final. I take it as a complement that hysterical Mancs fetch in their shorts at the very thought of scraping a 1-0 against Arsenal at OT, given that not that long ago you were waltzing to a cricket score there with comparative ease. But then you are playing a superior side, so enjoy the moment while it lasts. As for Ramsey, I'm a reckon Moyesy sits in his office of an evening grinding his teeth about Aaron's current form as the best midfielder in the country, given that he was recently quoted some bollocks about 'I could have signed him waah waah waah'...so fucking what, if you had he wouldn't have had his leg broken and you'd be clear at the top now instead of us you sweaty nugget.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Let us recall that Ferguson had won the European Cup previous to taking over

Cup Winners Cup

SimonR

Arsenal's problem is that they have too many elaborate haircuts in the squad. I'm not including Sanga in this because his has proved more durable than most managers, but when you look at the likes of Wilshere, Ramsey, Jenkinson and Cherou, you just know they'd quite happily settle for fourth place and good hair.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

simonr wrote:

Let us recall that Ferguson had won the European Cup previous to taking over

Cup Winners Cup

Indeed, but look at who they beat en route. These days you'd cut your arm off to lay waste to some of those names in the CL. What you've actually done is confirm my point about the European rivalry - it would obviously take a Liverpool fan to point out my slight error, since your lot still reign supreme in the canon of English football teams based on European history.

when this seasons over theres gonna be a lot of backtracking I feel, clueless as to who though as its been so up and down. Wouldnt suprise me to see pieface lift the trophy at the end of it its that unpredictable ( except for the Sunderland Man City game, I knew they wouldnt win )

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

smashdad wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

Pellegrini is arguably struggling just as much as Moyes but without the pressure of following in Fergie's footsteps.

Pellegrini: P13 W8 D1 L4
Moyes: P13 W7 D3 L3

That's one point's difference across all competitions excluding the Charity Shield.

This. 

Media spinning it for all they're fucking worth so far this season about Man Utd in crisis/freefall/disarray/pick-your-adjective - truth is they'll both finish top 4 and I wouldn't (yet) back Man City to finish higher than them.

smile

Nick Sneddon wrote:

pieface

Moyes
Pellegrini
Bruce
Allardyce
Jol
Hughes
Clarke

Lots of candidates Nick, help me out here fella.

Flaresey doesn't let correct facts getting the way of a nonsense rant.

starcreeper wrote:

Take Ramsay out of the equation and Arsenal wouldn't have got a mention these past few months.

Take Rooney out of the equation and you're Oldham, I kid you not.

You want reality? Okay. The man who drove your sorry piss ant club to decades of glory is gone, and he's been replaced by a guy who's won fuck all. Not Jose. Not Pep. Not any other manager in Europe who has anything approaching a pedigree on their CV, just David fucking Moyes. Let us recall that Ferguson had won the European Cup previous to taking over, so his first few barren years could be taken with a pinch of salt because the guy was a born winner. But Moyes? So clueless and devoid of gravitas that now the wealthiest club in the world can't attract the big time charlies that will win you that elusive Liverpool-baiting next Champions League you crave. The guy who is head and shoulders your best player right now (Rooney) wouldn't bother changing his pants if Chelsea won the league and came back with a mega-money offer, he'd be out the door so quick. You could of swiped Ozil from under Arsenal's noses but you plummed it up so massively on deadline day you ended up with Fellaini, who is widely considered to be completely shite.

Laughing at Arsenal because the Rooney/RVP axis got you out of jail for the seventy-billionth time is laughable in itself - I watched the match then watched the highlights on MOTD and was reminded the rest of your shower did precisely FUCK ALL virtually the whole game, apart from the goal and Shrek's scuffed shot past the post. This isn't going to be like last season when everybody flapped around and let you stroll to the title off the back of the brilliance of Fatman and Robin and a certain genius from Govan...no, there's money been spent wisely and good players have stepped up to the plate for clubs hungry to see you knocked down a peg or three.

Reality is watching a stream of the game and the chat being chock full of spongs going, "a minute to go, I'm so excited!" and "30 seconds to go, come on United!" like it was your fucking World Cup final. I take it as a complement that hysterical Mancs fetch in their shorts at the very thought of scraping a 1-0 against Arsenal at OT, given that not that long ago you were waltzing to a cricket score there with comparative ease. But then you are playing a superior side, so enjoy the moment while it lasts. As for Ramsey, I'm a reckon Moyesy sits in his office of an evening grinding his teeth about Aaron's current form as the best midfielder in the country, given that he was recently quoted some bollocks about 'I could have signed him waah waah waah'...so fucking what, if you had he wouldn't have had his leg broken and you'd be clear at the top now instead of us you sweaty nugget.

To summarise: Flares doesn't like Manchester United.

Show a bit of class Flaresey, it's a bit boring to be honest.

War & Peace length posts of utter drivel are the pre-cursor to him having a little cry and disappearing for a few weeks.

I welcome them.

Arsene Wenger hadn't won much before joining Arsenal by the way.

If Arsenal did go on to win the league this season, I'd doff my cap.

They've looked great so far.

chromosome_junction wrote:

Arsenal's problem is that they have too many elaborate haircuts in the squad. I'm not including Sanga in this because his has proved more durable than most managers, but when you look at the likes of Wilshere, Ramsey, Jenkinson and Cherou, you just know they'd quite happily settle for fourth place and good hair.

It's because their worth it.

Nick Sneddon wrote:

pieface

Moyes
Pellegrini
Bruce
Allardyce
Jol
Hughes
Clarke

Steve Bruce of course, wasn’t his face recently described as a half eaten Cornish pasty or summat?

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Always thought Wenger looks like the child snatcher from ChittyChitty BangBang

Someone's just shit in my cornflakes

Nick Sneddon wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:

pieface

Moyes
Pellegrini
Bruce
Allardyce
Jol
Hughes
Clarke

Steve Bruce of course, wasn’t his face recently described as a half eaten Cornish pasty or summat?

No, Steve Bruce is the dinner lady (well, if he wore a hair-net).

Last edited by dutchy101 (Wednesday Nov 2013 11:19:56)

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/13/arsenal-f … e-4185204/

Should have just bet his wife

MattBlack wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/13/arsenal-f … e-4185204/

Should have just bet his wife

lol

A younger, better looking Gollum.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/p480x480/1004662_10151668194542547_566748505_n.jpg

Still unsure if that's been Photoshopped or not...

I tip my hat to the three perishingly dull lemons with their one line posts and complete lack of critical thinking. You make this board what is: a forum for more interesting, forthright people to look great at your expense. Cheers.

Amps wrote:

Still unsure if that's been Photoshopped or not...

this is the original image

http://i3.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article1878429.ece/ALTERNATES/s1023/David-Moyes-1878429.jpg

So, a bit.

Amps wrote:

So, a bit.

lol