Re: The General Footy Thread

Can't say I'm a fan of international week.

Club over country every time.

Internationals are just an inconvenience these days.

Yant wrote:

Internationals are just an inconvenience these days.

I think the worst thing about International week is theyve now moved all the games to a Friday night so you miss following the footie on a Saturday afternoon and then watching Motd on a Saturday night, but yeah, just want to get back to the Premier league now. Having said that no doubt we will all be watching the world cup in the summer and enjoying a Fiesta of football as usual

The last World Cup was an absolute shambles. Not only referring to England here. It has to be the worst World Cup I can remember by some stretch. Shite.

Oh dear, Arry could be doing some wheeling and dealing come January

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/cham … --sow.html

dutchy101 wrote:

The last World Cup was an absolute shambles. Not only referring to England here. It has to be the worst World Cup I can remember by some stretch. Shite.

Agree, but this one will be in Brazil, the home of football, with loads of fit Brazilian women, so its going to be great

I can imagine the lads will love playing in this

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre … CMP=twt_gu

MattBlack wrote:
dutchy101 wrote:

Agree, but this one will be in Brazil, the home of football, with loads of fit Brazilian women, so its going to be great

Will you be there, Matt?

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

starcreeper wrote:
MattBlack wrote:
dutchy101 wrote:

Will you be there, Matt?

Sadly not, i am betting that Ed Smallman will be in attendance though, kitchen sink and all

Oh right, its just when you mentioned there would be loads of fit Brazilian women, I didnt think you were on about seeing them through your tv.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

starcreeper wrote:

Oh right, its just when you mentioned there would be loads of fit Brazilian women, I didnt think you were on about seeing them through your tv.

No doubt the TV companies will give us plenty of gratuitous shots of female flesh, lets hope the football is better though as there were some really dire games in 2010

Nothing worse than trying to slag someone off for not travelling thousands of miles to a kip after spending a fucking fortune to watch a shite football tournament and then they don't even get that you're slagging them, eh Vic.

Matt - play the game, son.

3 nil Germany. England are fucking jokers.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Hodgson does himself no favours tho does he - lol

should have played his best 11 - at least we'd then know what that was

doubt we'll even get out of the group next summer

shaunstrudwick wrote:
Dermo wrote:

Hodgson does himself no favours tho does he - lol

should have played his best 11 - at least we'd then know what that was

doubt we'll even get out of the group next summer

did you just go into the future and post that?

Last edited by Nick Sneddon (Monday Nov 2013 15:58:16)

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Pretty sure Strudders messages 'from' the future.

Don't see why Woy thinks its a good time to be playing newbies. Bit late in the day if you ask me. This is the time to see what weaknesses there are against a top flight side using your full strength side.  Fair enough against Chile, but fuck me, against Germany?? Cunt.

Last edited by Dermo (Monday Nov 2013 21:22:57)

Part of the problem

Real football fans watch the world cup at home.

Cant decide which game to watch later. We all know England will be shit so I'm stuck between watch France fight for their lives or Portugal to finish it off.

Part of the problem

Are the other games on terrestrial?

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

No mate, not over here anyway. I watch them live on livesports.ru in HD

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Cant decide which game to watch later. We all know England will be shit so I'm stuck between watch France fight for their lives or Portugal to finish it off.

France don't know how to fight for their lives. In all sports they play, no backbone. They surrender and sulk and throw strops and blame each other.

Fair enough, they often play football and rugby as it is 'supposed to be played' but I can't recall a famous French comeback except for against the All Blacks in 1999.

Hope Sweden beat the Portuguese - I'd rather have Mad Zlatan at the World Cup than Ronaldo really.

草泥马

Regardless of how shit England are these days and how little interest i have left in international footy, i still want to watch an England v Germany game.

But i agree, we will get a spanking tonight.

The defence will get found out quick sharp. Jagielka isnt even close to being world class. Along with most of the others.

Part of the problem

Beijing Dave wrote:
Dermo wrote:

France don't know how to fight for their lives. In all sports they play, no backbone. They surrender and sulk and throw strops and blame each other.

Fair enough, they often play football and rugby as it is 'supposed to be played' but I can't recall a famous French comeback except for against the All Blacks in 1999.

Hope Sweden beat the Portuguese - I'd rather have Mad Zlatan at the World Cup than Ronaldo really.

I read today the footy team has never come back from a 2 nil deficit.

Part of the problem

Beijing Dave wrote:
Dermo wrote:

i would take immense pleasure from seeing France fail to make to world cup smile