Re: The General Footy Thread

I didnt say that, I said the players mentioned.

Please learn to read english.

edit: I will in my fuck like improve my punctuation. English is my second language and I have zero respect for its existence or how it should be put together on a fuckin messageboard filled with cretinous cave dwellers, you big nosed sherry swilling scally grotbag.

Last edited by starcreeper (Friday Dec 2013 11:13:30)

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

Mr Boring wrote:
simonr wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

The amusing thing is that even the normally dillusional Dipper realises they have no chance of winning it, same cannot be said of the Tarquins.
Neither will win the league.

We've got virtually no chance. City will be far too strong for everyone and the other Teams will have less games once they are eliminated from the CL.

I'm not a member of grammar police but please read this:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/less-or-fewer

"Use less when you’re referring to something that can’t be counted"

In theory the number of games can't yet be counted, as they depend on the point of elimination ?

SimonR

starcreeper wrote:

Please learn to punctuate.

SimonR

simonr wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:
simonr wrote:

We've got virtually no chance. City will be far too strong for everyone and the other Teams will have less games once they are eliminated from the CL.

I'm not a member of grammar police but please read this:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/words/less-or-fewer

"Use less when you’re referring to something that can’t be counted"

In theory the number of games can't yet be counted, as they depend on the point of elimination ?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dullard

simonr wrote:
starcreeper wrote:

Please learn to punctuate.

Ah, the piers morgan school of come backs. To be expected.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

Big Nose being caught out in a pompous attempt at condescension.

#priceless

A realistic target for United is to show league winning form for the remaining 20 games and finish on 76 points. Averaging 2 points per game never wins you the title but usually guarantees 3rd or 4th spot.  Coincidentally, the current top four are all on target to finish somewhere around that 76 point mark.

City will walk it though.

Agreed, with United, Arsenal and Chelsea behind them, it matters not the order.

Starcreeper thrashing around in apoplectic rage, now there's a surprise. Shame about the disowning. I was just starting to enjoy the camaraderie of the other online pseudo-characters here. Still, it's not like I need any help, is it Creepy Bollocks? Wish I could say the same about you.

This thread is like the Wizard of Oz sometimes; here's me, as Dorothy, on a great quest for truth and enlightenment, and I have to endure a Tinman (Fadass), a Scarecrow (Big Fella) and a Cowardly Lion (Starcreeper) in the background, chatting their inane and uninformed drivel throughout. Luckily, I always end up being picked to see the Wizard and have a sparkly pair of new red trabbs to go home with. The idiotic Manure-supporting sideshow gets left behind to play with the Munchkins, as usual.

Last edited by flares_and_an_anorak (Friday Dec 2013 13:07:54)

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Enjoyable reading the last two pages when i got up. Carry on LOL

Part of the problem

Big Fella wrote:

The amusing thing is that even the normally dillusional Dipper realises they have no chance of winning it, same cannot be said of the Tarquins.
Neither will win the league.

Not the case with the spastic dippers that plague my social media sites. Each and everyone of them truly believe they are going to win the title.

Part of the problem

Re Dave - Dippers haven't had a shit period yet. Every season at some point the team falter.  United will come above the dippers.

Part of the problem

Beijing Dave wrote:

Dermo, I do wonder if you actually watch football.

Lol - we all know you're back watching after years away.

For fucks sake.

As much as Dave likes to deny it I think we all remember him saying on GU

A) He wasn't a scouser
B) He didn't support Liverpool and never has
C) He watched Rugby and not Footy.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

As much as Dave likes to deny it I think we all remember him saying on GU

A) He wasn't a scouser
B) He didn't support Liverpool and never has
C) He watched Rugby and not Footy.

Dermo, I am legitimately questioning whether you bother to watch all the games you shit on about.

If you had, I am fairly sure you would reach different conclusions than the ones you come to. Liverpool won't win the league but we are looking like a cohesive team who are very difficult to beat and threatening whenever we have the ball. United aren't looking very good. It's not bragging because everyone else seems to have noticed it, except perhaps the most churlish of Liverpool-haters.

But then again, you are a WUM so, whatever...

And yes, my first team is Warrington RLFC. But following them is kind of difficult when you only have StarSport in expat bars to rely on for your live sport and your closest mates halfway around the world are Leicester City, West Ham, Man City, Leeds and -yes- Man United fans and have no interest in my minority sport.

草泥马

haha Dave if you haven't noticed I have never and will never give the dippers an inch. If they played Barca off the pitch id still say they were shit. Get it?

My comment was one of joy and optimism. I do still believe however united will come above the dippers comfortably.

Part of the problem

I do stand by 100% that they arent good enough to win the league. Its December for fuck sake and City are immense. Immense the dippers arent. Heavy pitches, winter injuries, its all to come and there's no getting past it with the one tier squad the dippers have. Nowadays you need to replace players with like and the dippers cant.

Last edited by Dermo (Friday Dec 2013 19:27:55)

Part of the problem

Oooh by the way. Every year i back up my words with bets. This year is no different. I don't bet on anything i consider a losing bet. Both bets are sure winners for me in my eyes and if it doesn't i'm at least covered and still up from the last god knows how many years of betting with delusional dipper mates.

Part of the problem

Be careful that you've not become so myopic that there are things you're failing to spot.

Rodgers is a fucking good manager. Liverpool will get stronger not worse.

草泥马

Not convinced you've got the players required. Irrespective of the manager, Fergie he is not.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Not convinced you've got the players required. Irrespective of the manager, Fergie he is not.

I'm not convinced by some of the players. We don't have much outside a decent starting eleven. You are right about that.

On the other hand, we don't have any European fixtures this season, and midweek visits to Donetsk or St Petersburg can fuck up any team's rhythm.

He has delivered constant improvement so far, almost week in week out, since he took over. His signings have been very astute. The team seems to look better each game. Even had a Spurs fan say to me "I seriously wish we'd gone for Rodgers". Reasons to be very optimistic.

草泥马

yeh I don't doubt his progression. I still get the impression the side is over performing through the Suarez effect though too.

Well its this season or never because when Suarez goes its back to square one. There isn't another striker of his quality going to arrive and do a teams job like he has again any time soon.

The gap between United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool in terms of spending power isn't going to be closed overnight either. Even though United, in relation to the other two, haven't actually spent that much, i'm sure they will.

Last edited by Dermo (Friday Dec 2013 20:12:01)

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

I do stand by 100% that they arent good enough to win the league. Its December for fuck sake and City are immense. Immense the dippers arent. Heavy pitches, winter injuries, its all to come and there's no getting past it with the one tier squad the dippers have. Nowadays you need to replace players with like and the dippers cant.

Heavy pitches .. are you stuck in the 70's ?

SimonR

Beijing Dave wrote:

Be careful that you've not become so myopic that there are things you're failing to spot.

Rodgers is a fucking good manager. Liverpool will get stronger not worse.

Over the last two decades Liverpool have put together a run of games on a number of occasions but have then always regressed to the mean. Why is it different this time?

What has Rodgers got that Souness, Evans, Houllier, Benitez, Hodgson and Dalglish haven't? With the exception of Evans all those managers had previously won a league title away from Anfield.

The dippers will smoulder out like a wet firework and i will be quids in as usual.

Part of the problem