Re: The General Footy Thread

Its not a PR exercise, Flaresy. Im not sure you'll find any clubs out there having meetings with other clubs just to portray a positive perception to the outside world. United are having a bad season is all, same as Arsenal last year. No need for the dramatics.

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

starcreeper wrote:

Heres a couple of football tidbits that should cause a few waves;

1. Theres defo truth in a possible move away for RVP. It wont be Arsenal, as many reports have suggested.
2. Utd & Madrid are currently in comms about a fee for CR7. Watch this space.

if Utd are serious about Ronaldo then the summer rebuild budget would need to be big enough to build a whole new team around him - and he'd want more wages than Rooney as well

i can see RVP going - and some big names coming in - but Ronaldo?  to play under Moyes?!

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

starcreeper wrote:

Its not a PR exercise, Flaresy. Im not sure you'll find any clubs out there having meetings with other clubs just to portray a positive perception to the outside world. United are having a bad season is all, same as Arsenal last year. No need for the dramatics.

massive difference in the quality of manager at the helm tho Vic

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

Utd should try and sign Shaw and Lallana, Shaw especially looks like he will be England's first choice left back for years to come

MattBlack wrote:

Utd should try and sign Shaw and Lallana, Shaw especially looks like he will be England's first choice left back for years to come

Will Shaw enjoy running back and forth the length of the field all game, pinging crosses at opposition centre halves every two minutes?

I think there's more to his game than that.

草泥马

Ooohh meooooow.

Part of the problem

There's absolutely no fucking way you'll ever see Ronaldo play for united again. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he sees his career out at Madrid. The only way I honestly could see him in England is at City unfortunately.

Part of the problem

Beijing Dave wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

Will Shaw enjoy running back and forth the length of the field all game, pinging crosses at opposition centre halves every two minutes?

I think there's more to his game than that.

Vic won't like that.

starcreeper wrote:

2. Utd & Madrid are currently in comms about a fee for CR7. Watch this space.

http://i.imgur.com/rc9eP85.gif

Look forward to seeing both RVP and Shaw at the bridge next season.

They'll thrive too.

Dermo wrote:

There's absolutely no fucking way you'll ever see Ronaldo play for united again. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he sees his career out at Madrid.

Think he's on record this season saying just that. Beckham made noises about bringing him to Miami down the line, which I imagine would be significantly more attractive than living in windy Cheshire and playing for Moyes.

I'd put my house (if I had one) on Shaw playing in blue btw. Lifelong Chelsea fan, same agent as Cashley, parents live up around my old manor in Raynes Park. Nailed on.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Raynes Park - One of the most boring parts of London.

Along with New Malden.

Tolworth is muh, much worse.

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

The first time I ever got hit was outside Charrington Bowl.

Horrific part of the world.

Any pics?

http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/display/213c74f4-e10c-4e23-9121-3fad8dd9c77c.jpg

Anyone going to that dive deserves a good beating to be fair, Ed

I bet it was a bird that twatted him.

dutchy101 wrote:

I was 12 and I beat some local reprobate at Street Fighter 2.

My reward was a right hook to the chops.

I bet Smallman liked being Chun Li (whose name, by the way, means 'Spring Beauty').

His habit of tucking his willy between his legs and saying 'rook at me I am beautifurl Chinese woman' while playing was acceptable in a remote gaming room wing of his mansion but got him a slap when he tried it down the arcade.

草泥马

I was all Ken'd up Dave.

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Cant be any worse than East Croydon surely?

Tolworth is a proper shit-hole Matt.

smallman1 wrote:
dutchy101 wrote:

That's harsh, but since you brought up Streetfighter 2, I thought I'd share a story about my mate at school who in his Science class was asked by the teacher "How do you create a sonic boom?"

The reply of "Back, back, back, forward & punch" was received with a perplexed look by the teacher - I tell theee. If only my mate was joking at the time it would have been an excellent reply.

dutchy101 wrote:
smallman1 wrote:
dutchy101 wrote:

That's harsh, but since you brought up Streetfighter 2, I thought I'd share a story about my mate at school who in his Science class was asked by the teacher "How do you create a sonic boom?"

The reply of "Back, back, back, forward & punch" was received with a perplexed look by the teacher - I tell theee. If only my mate was joking at the time it would have been an excellent reply.

To be fair to the teacher, it does depend on the version and the character.