Topic: been to any good breaks nights lately?

if so lets hear about them! who played, how they played etc.

Re: been to any good breaks nights lately?

i'm going to some place called bedrock i think....some guy called jonathon lisle?.....aparently its gonna go off hard big_smile

jung

Last big breaks thing I went to was Field Day on New Year's Day.

Freq Nasty - the main guy I wanted to hear, after his last set at Bedrock. Started with Phil Kieran's 'My House', which set me in a good mood, but then played a pretty standard festival set. Very similar to what he played at Creamfields two years ago, actually. Amped+Bring The Noise, Plump DJs mix of Orbital's Funny Break, Higher State, The Kinks, Boomin Back Atcha, blah blah. Bit disappointing, really.

Plump DJs - got bored and talked all the way through their set. Just standard Plump DJs stuff - Big Groovy F**ker, The Push, a few of their remixes, blah blah

Krafty Kuts - a few good tracks, then started playing bloody R&B. He played Nelly. I left.

Basically, the day put me off the party-breaks thing completely. Reminded me that I've heard most of the tunes a million times before, and that I need DJs to play dirtier, darker, funkier tunes for me to want to hang around and listen to them.

The rest of Sydney thought the day was the best thing ever though.

Funky Dung

"It's in the saaand"

Dont diss Krafty Kuts - he is da bwoy!

Shake your shammy like a bitch on heat!

Let This World Be - wicked.

Lots of other stuff that's ok - tons of it that is utter rubbish . . .

but playing R & B ?!? and NELLY ?!?

thumbs up to FD for doing the right thing and voting with his feet.

Fair play to Krafty tho- he is one of the most popular international dj's in Oz, andhe did beat the likes of Sasha etc to win a major 'best dj' award over there last year. I'm undecided about him myself.

@nnax

Urban Gorilla in Sheffield is wicked wink

James Zabiela played last week and absolutely destroyed the place.

Check it out!

My mates have just been confirmed to do the back room at Peach in June - all breaks..... some talented people too.

Marco Giannini, Liz Wigley and (I think) Timo Garcia.  :idea:

Come along if you can...... we'll teach the trance kiddies how to have a good time!  wink

music, ramblings and more at www.myspace.com/guyhornsby