Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:

it was released around last sept and shown on film 4,(for one day only) ,at the cinema and on netflicks, the same day.

Big Fella wrote:

That's been out for ages Damo and from a fan of Wheatley, I thought it was unwatchable.

..well I never, totally passed me by, appeared in my newsnow newsfeed & assumed it was this Feb!?

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

you cant rely on the internet for everything mate. time to get out into the real world imo.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

shaunstrudwick wrote:
Homegrove wrote:

Eastern Promises. Still good despite Naomi Watts' terrible performance, last I saw it was when it first came out. Vincent Cassell is a nutter.

i like Viggo Mortensen in this and also that other one he was in - a History of Violence

he's not a terrible actor imo

gave 'the road' a massive swerve tho

gawd, 'the road' was so bleak and depressing(in part due to nick caves soundtrack). for real terror and bleakness on nuclear fall out,this film caused uproar both with the public and in the house of commons when released in 1984.

it scared the shit out of m.p's and the goverment and a lot of debate over wether it should be banned to stop wide spread panic.

the public were left shellshocked by..   Threads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MCbTvoNrAg

it gets grimmer and more desperate as it progress'es..just fucking horrible.it wasnt shown again untill after 2002 on tv.

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Friday Jan 2014 01:54:42)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

That scared the fuck out of me for ages.  All I can remember is a woman pissing herself in the middle of the high street.

Grant wrote:

That scared the fuck out of me for ages.  All I can remember is a woman pissing herself in the middle of the high street.

same here grant.the burning cat wasnt very  nice either!..

i watched  it a couple of weeks ago and had nightmares .

another one which caused panic ,again with the public and goverment was 'the war game' which was, in esscence ,a documentry.

all parts were played by joe public.

released in 1965 ,it had people buying sandbags and cleaning supermarket shelves out for provisions.this dont forget, in the epicentre of the cold war period.

with communications and technology as it was then, the USSR/CCCP might as well have been an alien race to the  ordinary geezer in the street

im just here to spread the love!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyEelSEQ94c

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Friday Jan 2014 01:43:13)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

American Hustle, 4/10 - boring and just not funny. They should've cut the rest of the film after the opening scene, which was actually reasonably funny. Fit birds didn't make up for it.

Wolf of Wall Street tonight.

Saw a trailer for The Grand Budapest Hotel which looked very good - I do like a good Wes Anderdon film. Inside Llewyn Davis looked a little whimsical, I hope it isn't.

Watched Ted last night. Was ok, some funny bits but was hoping for better. 6/10

Wolf of wall st.

9/10

Fucking loved it.  Exactly how I live my life.

Looper - 6.5/10. Interesting premise, but thought the mid section where Willis and Gordon-Levitt are 'trying to make sense of it all' was a bit weak. Enjoyable though.

Star Trek - Into Darkness.

Fucking load of old shit.

3/10.

'Senna'.

Again.  Simply essential viewing for anyone who's ever been interested in motor racing.  Amazing film.  9/10

Now I'm in the mood I'm looking forward to watching 'Rush'...

'Rush'

Disappointing - hoped for, and was led to expect, more.

Seen much better documentaries about Hunt/Lauda/'76 - 'Rush' is tame by comparison.

6/10

Yant wrote:

3/10.

Even I disliked that.

Primer - 3/10

Highly recommended by a couple of friends who are bang into their movies so gave it a go. Load of old shit. A vaguely interesting plot that is ruined by a film maker who's intent on showing how clever he can be. I don't mind complex films, but this was just trying to be obtuse for the sake of it.

Homegrove wrote:
Yant wrote:

3/10.

Even I disliked that.

I might give this a go in that case.

Grant wrote:
Homegrove wrote:
Yant wrote:

3/10.

Even I disliked that.

Don't bother, Grant.  It's truly dreadful that not only leans on old story lines but also leans on old script from previous Star Trek movies.  No originality at all and Simon Pegg is just woeful. The only good thing about it is Chris Pine who does play Kirk very well.  Oh, and its got Peter Weller in it.  Which is nice.

Don't panic, I'm never gonna watch it, I was doing a funny

watched 'threads' last night.wish i hadnt.nightmares .bleak bleak bleak.   10/10 as it achieves what it set out to do.

that star trek film was 'dissapointing' as alistair cook would say.  4/10.  the original khan  was the nuts. must have used the old charles atlas chest expander1

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Tuesday Jan 2014 05:03:18)

Yant wrote:
Grant wrote:
Homegrove wrote:

Even I disliked that.

Don't bother, Grant.  It's truly dreadful that not only leans on old story lines but also leans on old script from previous Star Trek movies.  No originality at all and Simon Pegg is just woeful. The only good thing about it is Chris Pine who does play Kirk very well.  Oh, and its got Peter Weller in it.  Which is nice.

i only really turned it on to see what Cumberbatch made of his 'baddie role'

the original Star Trek 2 - Wrath of Kahn is still by far the best Star Trek outing imo

hopefully JJ Abrams won't fuck up Episode 7

If this was anything to base it on then yes, he will completely fuck it up.

Wrath of Kahn is definitely the best one.

Nerd alert right here, folks.

didn't mind the 'reboot' Star Trek on the whole - though the whole thing with Kirk meeting the original Spock was a load of old cobblers i could have done without

The first Abrams Trek was pretty good, entertaining at least. The only good thing about Into Darkness was Benedict Cumberpatch.

Mancrush doesn't even begin to describe it.

In depth Trek discussion is a new board low

Homegrove wrote:

The first Abrams Trek was pretty good, entertaining at least. The only good thing about Into Darkness was Benedict Cumberpatch.

Mancrush doesn't even begin to describe it.

Is it because he has nice buns? Or because he looks like Uncle John? Or both, perhaps?

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Desolation of Smaug - 7/10. Thought it was a lot better than the first instalment, and the pace generally rumbled along more effectively. Elves > dwarves, and I want a dragon.