Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Can't argue with any of that, BF.

Big Fella wrote:

saw Wolf Of Wall Street the other night.

Thought it was immense, three hours of it as well, his missus was well fit innit bruv.

Im sure many pause buttons will be broken on the "leg scene"

Mud. Another great movie starring Matthew McConoghey. That guy did movie fans a favor by taking a break and thinking again what kind of films he wants to be in.

Mean Streets. 8/10. Goodfellas Lite.

Homegrove wrote:

Mud. Another great movie starring Matthew McConoghey. That guy did movie fans a favor by taking a break and thinking again what kind of films he wants to be in.

Saw that a few weeks ago, it was alright. Is it written that he has to have his top off in every film though?

Most notable for Reese Witherspoon looking most attractive, which is a first i think.

You have a thing for white trash women, don't you? Not that there's anything wrong with it, they just strike me as the sort who's life goal is to get pregnant as fast as possible, so it's best to not trust their condoms.

watched Filth last night.

decent enough film. am wondering if Bruce Robertson ever posted on here?

If anyone puts Noah in here I will dedicate my life to hunting down and killing them.

A recent poll showed 60% of Americans think that Noah actually existed LOL

20 Feet From Stardom

Fantastic film about unsung *ahem* backing singers. 

Might not sound much but it won this year's Oscar and the BAFTA and rightly so - great film...

9/10

Last edited by smashdad (Tuesday Apr 2014 17:34:55)

Cutie & The Boxer

Gentle, ever-so-slightly weird, documentary about New York based Japanese couple married for 40+ years scraping a living through creating 'modern art' - but actually it's also a lot more than that...

7.5/10

Last edited by smashdad (Tuesday Apr 2014 17:52:37)

The Art Of Killing

Quite possibly the strangest and most disturbing documentary I've ever seen.  The story of a few Indonesian gangsters paid to execute thousands of countrymen during their nationwide, mid '60s, anti-communist 'purge' - but told through the participant's choice of their favourite film genre - Hollywood gangster/musicals.

Won the 2013 BAFTA for best Documentary but completely overlooked by Hollywood when it came to the Oscars - some suggest because of America's role in sponsoring the 'purge' but you'd have to watch it and make your own minds up...

8/10

Last edited by smashdad (Tuesday Apr 2014 17:52:23)

I do like a good documentary, but they can be so hit and miss - cheers for the reviews SD, I'll check them out.

smashdad wrote:

The Art Of Killing

Quite possibly the strangest and most disturbing documentary I've ever seen.  The story of a few Indonesian gangsters paid to execute thousands of countrymen during their nationwide, mid '60s, anti-communist 'purge' - but told through the participant's choice of their favourite film genre - Hollywood gangster/musicals.

Won the 2013 BAFTA for best Documentary but completely overlooked by Hollywood when it came to the Oscars - some suggest because of America's role in sponsoring the 'purge' but you'd have to watch it and make your own minds up...

8/10

It really is a bizarre + fucked up doco.

Let The Fire Burn

Doumentary about the cops + the  radical group "Move" in Philadelphia,during the 80`s.Fucking unreal what transpired,one of the best documentarys I`ve seen for years.

9/10

thought this was quite cool.

http://m.imgur.com/a/Ep395

Big Fella wrote:

thought this was quite cool.

http://m.imgur.com/a/Ep395

Superb that, cheers.

That "It" one made me properly LOL

Anyone seen this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2189714/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

To Kill A Mockingbird. Excellent. Enjoyed the book as well, a long time ago.

The Phantom Tollbooth. Watch this at 7am when the acid is kicking in, not much else to say really.

Green Street 3 - Really, really shite. Possibly the worst film I have seen in the last 5 years.
Parker - Really shite.

Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Better than expected.

Just come back from the flicks having seen new release 'The Truman Show'.  7/10.  Anyone in London heading down to Turnmills tonight for the 'Warriors' special?

I am a lot smarter than you.

The Last Gladiators

Documentary about the old school 'enforcers' in playing ice hockey in the NHL - particularly one lad, Chris Nilan who was evidently a bit of a nutter.  Decent enough film - total headcase becomes a huge star and then struggles to adapt to real life when it's all over - although ice hockey, especially back in the 80s/90s, strikes me as a fucking weird game.

7/10

Guy I work with is an ex ice hockey pro from Canada. He's been on about this. He comes out with some right mad shit from over there. I just wind him up by saying its not a sport its just WWF on Ice.

Part of the problem

Has he heard of crazy Jay "Loopy" Loopdokter and his crazy hair?

I did ask him once. The first question he asked was where is he from? He just laughed when I told him.

Part of the problem

Im sure Loopy has an ice hockey yarn or two. Varying from him getting sent into the boards like a missile and losing a quart of blood to him not having the requisite balance to play and becoming a ref instead.

I imagine Bob Probert and Tie Domi were in that doc? Two dangerous individuals.