Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

steelydan wrote:

My Lad broke his ankle so I got him the Harry Hill film. Longest 84mins of my life.

Prob one of the worst films I've seen, truly awful

shaunstrudwick wrote:
Homegrove wrote:

Man on Fire. IMO the best movie Tony Scott made in his career, and my second favorite Denzel Washington-role, after Training Day.

True Romance > Man on Fire

agree with your top 2 choices for Denzel roles

Forgot about True Romance... Yeah, got to agree.

steelydan wrote:
Odo wrote:

The Guard - 9/10

Watching that tonight

that was ok that, enjoyed it

had 2hrs to kill in bradford the other night.......thought I'd give the Purge 2 film a whirl so I rock up wanting to buy a ticket, am confronted with a sign sayig "Box Office Closed, Please Queue at Retail --->" so every fucker and his cousin are queuing up at the popcorn tills buying tickets and natchos etc etc at the same place and of course it's Eid so every fucker in Bradford is out on a post-Ramadan junk food binge, haggling with staff trying to get more fucking cheesy sauce on their nachos "go on man, don't be stingey on the sauce init".....one member of staff points me toward an ATM round the corner so I leave the queue only to find both ATMs are out of fucking order........so I re-join the 8mile queue as the only white guy in the building fuming coz the film started 15mins ago and these cunts are all in my way........so anyway, when I finally get to my seat I am subjected to the most dull, vacuous piece of shit I've ever had the misfortune to waste 1hr 40mins on.....should have stayed in the queue with the Bimmuls haggling for some more ice cubes in my Orange Tango

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

chuffer wrote:
steelydan wrote:
Odo wrote:

The Guard - 9/10

Watching that tonight

that was ok that, enjoyed it

had 2hrs to kill in bradford the other night.......thought I'd give the Purge 2 film a whirl so I rock up wanting to buy a ticket, am confronted with a sign sayig "Box Office Closed, Please Queue at Retail --->" so every fucker and his cousin are queuing up at the popcorn tills buying tickets and natchos etc etc at the same place and of course it's Eid so every fucker in Bradford is out on a post-Ramadan junk food binge, haggling with staff trying to get more fucking cheesy sauce on their nachos "go on man, don't be stingey on the sauce init".....one member of staff points me toward an ATM round the corner so I leave the queue only to find both ATMs are out of fucking order........so I re-join the 8mile queue as the only white guy in the building fuming coz the film started 15mins ago and these cunts are all in my way........so anyway, when I finally get to my seat I am subjected to the most dull, vacuous piece of shit I've ever had the misfortune to waste 1hr 40mins on.....should have stayed in the queue with the Bimmuls haggling for some more ice cubes in my Orange Tango

Lol. Is Ethan Hawke in it again? He Nicholas Cage'd the first one. Big style.

Does Strudders still think that Channing Tatum is the greatest physical actor since De Niro?

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

lol

he acts his pecs off in 'Whitehouse Down'

dreamy

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

Channing Tatoes. Would love to see him do a Die Hard. In a vest.

MattBlack wrote:
steelydan wrote:

My Lad broke his ankle so I got him the Harry Hill film. Longest 84mins of my life.

Prob one of the worst films I've seen, truly awful

Bruno or the Ali G movie must have been worse? Or Jaws 4 ( the revenge)

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

Channing Tatoes. Would love to see him do a Die Hard. In a vest.

I'm sure he wears one in Whitehouse down which is kind of a homage to Die hard anyway

To be fair comedy movies are rather difficult to pull off, see Papa Alpha for example.

Not seen it. Fair enough. Makes him even more of a legend in Strudder's eyes then.

Quite enjoyed 21 jump street to be fair. Ice Cube was most amusing.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

Big Fella wrote:

To be fair comedy movies are rather difficult to pull off, see Papa Alpha for example.

Partridge Alan?

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

Big Fella wrote:

Monty Python are prob the standout ones. Porridge and Rising Damp didn't quite cut it. Fuck me I'm showing my age here.

Big Fella wrote:

It's always a struggle to turn a 30 minute sitcom into a feature length movie, I quite liked Alpha Pappa but it did sort of lose it a bit towards the end as it tried to do the whole happy ending, In the loop worked quite well but that was probably an exception to the rule

Big Fella wrote:

See Mel Brooks.

Nowadays.

21 Jump Street was way better than it should've been, Channing Tatum has some real comedy skill which took me by surprise.

Homegrove wrote:

Nowadays.

21 Jump Street was way better than it should've been, Channing Tatum has some real comedy skill which took me by surprise.

Was quite surprised that it was the same guys behind The Lego movie as wrote Jump st, still not seen 22 Jump st yet but everyone reckons its even better than the first one

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

Not seen it. Fair enough. Makes him even more of a legend in Strudder's eyes then.

woah there - he's no Bruce Willis - white vest or no

living la vida Strudders

pondering ehether to go see Guardians of the Galaxy over the weekend

living la vida Strudders

did enjoy the Lego Movie.

------------

niton (Oct 14)

millsy23 wrote:

did enjoy the Lego Movie.

bought it when came out on last Monday - kids are on holiday innit

that was a mistake - i think I've watched it about 4 or 5 times now

alone in my room - fuck the kids

living la vida Strudders

shaunstrudwick wrote:

alone in my room - fuck the kids

Yewtree Beast!

------------

niton (Oct 14)

shaunstrudwick wrote:

I heard it's a real 80's throwback in a good way. Obviously not art, but stupidily entertaining.

Homegrove wrote:
shaunstrudwick wrote:

I heard it's a real 80's throwback in a good way. Obviously not art, but stupidily entertaining.

yeah - i'm hearing good things too

living la vida Strudders