Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Never funny again after Spaced. Mission impossible is truly cringeworthy with him in it. Dreadful cunt.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it  I've just run out of accounts with Bedrock for the password to hack

Sorry, Mission Impossible wasnt getting a commendation there either.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it  I've just run out of accounts with Bedrock for the password to hack

Finally got around to watching Spotlight. Jesus what a great movie.

Homegrove wrote:

He's great!

Bingo!

Homegrove wrote:

You're coming round slowly, H!

Grant wrote:
Homegrove wrote:

That is indeed a cracking movie - see lads - possible to enjoy both high brow stuff and summer blockbusters. Doesn't have to be one or the other.

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

Grant wrote:
Homegrove wrote:

Really surprised how they managed to avoid all cliches. Since in the real story nobody tried to really stop them from publishing the story (as would happen in a movie like this if it was made up) they used 9/11 as the slump before the third act. That was amazing. All actors were doing a great job (Ruffalo maybe overacted a bit) but the script was just as tight as they come.

Grant wrote:
Homegrove wrote:

mindblowing to think that someone can enjoy films from the whole spectrum isn't it

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

It is, yes Nick.

Nick Sneddon wrote:

i think they looked at 'Stranger Things' and used that as a template unfortunately - I didn't think It was bad, just underwhelming

Underwhelming is really a spot on description.

The "spectrum" in this case being decent films and complete and utter dross that only a tool would pay into.

You keep paying in, they keep making them at the cost of really good films being made. The race to the bottom to feed the wilfully stupid continues apace.

Last edited by fadass (Friday Sep 2017 10:31:17)

fadass wrote:

The "spectrum" in this case being decent films and complete and utter dross that only a tool would pay into.

You keep paying in, they keep making them at the cost of really good films being made. The race to the bottom to feed the wilfully stupid continues apace.

I thought the spectrum in this case referred to having to be massively on the spectrum to enjoy Marvel films?

------------
From a sliding glass door, through white curtains fluttering in the breeze, comes Bruno, Guetta's elegant manservant. The two exchange a few words in French, and Bruno re-emerges a few minutes later with salads.

That too. lol.

counting the cocktail sticks before they hit the deck.

Last edited by fadass (Friday Sep 2017 10:36:41)

smashing themselves on the head repeatedly and screaming every time Hulk appears on screen.

------------
From a sliding glass door, through white curtains fluttering in the breeze, comes Bruno, Guetta's elegant manservant. The two exchange a few words in French, and Bruno re-emerges a few minutes later with salads.

https://avoision.com/portnoy/images/2003/july/ben_hulk.jpg

Great xmas present for me and the Mrs, them.

fadass wrote:

Have you ever tried not being cynical, Tom? It's sickening the way you abuse people on here. Just because they find solace in the same film being made fifty different ways and still being fucking shite.
Just grow up.

Interstellar.

Utter tripe. We were really looking forward to it as well. I have no idea what it was trying to achieve, what it was about, what the point of it was?

I need to watch There Will Be Blood tonight I think just to wash Interstellar out of my system.

GregWhelan wrote:

Interstellar.

Utter tripe. We were really looking forward to it as well. I have no idea what it was trying to achieve, what it was about, what the point of it was?

thought the film was great up until the last act which was terrible

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

smashdad wrote:

Weiner

One of the best, most compelling, car-crash docs I've ever seen.

9/10

He's just been sent down for 21 months for teenage sexting.  The man is a fucking moron.

Do most on here go to the cinema mainly to avoid the Doris for a few hours?

I consider it an added bonus, but every now and then I'll have to see some utter fucking tripe that she's recommended.

Saw "Split" on a plane last week. Thought it was terrific. James McAvoy was very good, as was the female lead. It'll be interesting to see how Glass comes out to complete the trilogy.

Also saw "Alien: Covenant" which wasn't bad, but not great. And, the Oasis documentary "Supersonic" which was a great nostalgia piece.

Prog God

Dan Harwood wrote:

Saw "Split" on a plane last week. Thought it was terrific. James McAvoy was very good, as was the female lead.

Watched this last week. Quite surprised that it was actually OK, considering the shite that M. Night Shyamalan has released. McAvoy steals the show. The ending is plop though.

Went to see Mother! at the weekend, and still not quite sure what to make of it. Pretty fucked up even by Aronofsky standards. The missus hated it. Which means chances are it's a masterpiece, so might watch it again. Some folk walked out of it. I just wish the cunt behind me who came in with a thousand individually plastic wrapped sweets, and spent the entire 2 hours unwrapping them would have fucked off as well.

Last edited by Henry Rindhoops (Monday Sep 2017 21:51:34)

Once you go FLAC. You never go back.

They Come at Night

1/10

Avoid

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it'
Dogmong 2017