Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

...'Exit Through the Gift Shop' Banksy's street-art doco.

Very entertaining.

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Saw that Knight and Day t'other night to keep the missus happy.

Even Diaz in a bikini couldn't rescue it, twas that bad.

Bad Leiutentant (the Nic Cage one) - 9/10 - absolutely hiliarious.

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

Does Cage bosh one out over the learner driver like in the original? Hilarious scene that one.

Wally wrote:

Bad Leiutentant (the Nic Cage one) - 9/10 - absolutely hiliarious.

Is this supposed to be funny, or is it just one of those shit films that becomes funny?

Wez Saunders
(e) wesley.a.saunders@gmail.com

The Informant.

Weird.  But eventually worth watching.

6/10.  Matt Damon is v good in it.

Wolfman.
4/10.
Totally forgettable, average movie.

The Town.

8/10

Jeremy Renner stole the show and Pete Postletwaite does a really nasty monologue at some point that is worth the admission alone.

The ending left me a bit nonplussed.

off work with manflu today so rewatched 30 Days of Night..cracking vampire nastiness 8/10

watched Catfish last night really quite good.  Basically a film about some guy being taken for a ride in a 'facebook relationship'

Some debate over whether its actually a documentary or not etc... but still worth a watch

I just want you to know we're done professionally

Couldn't even watch Wolfman, what a piece of shit that goes nowhere.

Watched Step Brothers which was great. Watched Moon which was immense, brilliant soundtrack. Watched The Joneses, which was surprisingly good.

The Mission 8/10. great visuals, top soundtrack too.

Any girl that can't distinguish between her grandmother and a wolf is either as dense as teak or comes from a really ugly family

zebramofo wrote:

watched Catfish last night really quite good.  Basically a film about some guy being taken for a ride in a 'facebook relationship'

Some debate over whether its actually a documentary or not etc... but still worth a watch

Saw that t'other night, agreed was quite good.

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

Couldn't even watch Wolfman, what a piece of shit that goes nowhere.

Me too ... what a load of shit. Just seemed to stare at the TV for 25 mins before thinking "I must turn this off", which I never ever do!!!

Last film I watched - Inception BluRay ... managed to persuade the missus to let me have it early when a friend came over and got to say, think the clarity is better than even the cinema! Bonus disk also features the Soundtrack, which I left on in the background while working but it's just a black screen. Made me feel a bit uncomfortable, like I had the TV on for no reason so took some of the edge off what otherwise is a perfect soundtrack.

Wez Saunders

Couple of movies;

The Wrestler 9/10.  Excellent movie and the role suited Rouke to a tee.

Dead Mans Shoes 6/10.  A bit depressing.

Tron Legacy - 8.5/10.  See my thread.

3D was a letdown, but the rest was power.

Catfish - Very good - 8/10. Was an interesting point half way through the film (arrive at farm scene for those that have seen it) where I didn't know what the rating was and thought that this film could go three ways. Really enjoyed this, highly recommended.

Exit Through the Gift Shop - Entertaining - 9/10 - Terry Guetta, clever but love and agree with Banksy's summary of him.

Black Swan - 1/10 - Not worth a Wank *ahem*

Wez Saunders

I'm gonna have to disagree with you Wez. I thought Black Swan was absolutely epic. 9.5/10  Brilliant movie. Just like The Wrestler, extremely dark, downright frightening at time, and just as tense as Requiem. Genius film.

Yantino wrote:

Dead Mans Shoes 6/10.  A bit depressing.

Im sure Meadows was pulling his hair out trying to find a suitable scene for Julie Andrews to bound out from behind a wall singing The Sound of Music to 'lighten the mood'.

Last edited by seanc80 (Wednesday Dec 2010 07:01:39)

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

I'm gonna have to disagree with you Wez. I thought Black Swan was absolutely epic. 9.5/10  Brilliant movie. Just like The Wrestler, extremely dark, downright frightening at time, and just as tense as Requiem. Genius film.

Yeah, fair enough but we really couldn't be any further apart on our opinions of this film smile

Been right Geeking it up over Chrimbo .... got quite a few Blu Rays so have watched ....

Alien Anthology - 8/10, done a sound job improving the picture & audio quality although the Alien still looks shit in A3 & AR.

Avatar - seen it before but got to say imo, the BD copy is even better graphically than the Cinena. Looks ace on my 50" plasma .... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BD 10/10 for sure .... 16 mins of extra (added) footage too.

Also got "Che" (parts 1 & 2) - not seen either yet but looking forward to the marathon at some stage, maybe 2nd Jan, bed time viewing.

Wez Saunders

Saw 'Gamorrah' on DVD recently - top notch 9/10.

Based in Naples and depicting life under the Camorrah (local mafia) it's well worth a watch ... and airing on BBC 4 tonight at 10.00.

Tune in wink

SimonR

The Young Victoria - 7/10

Good watch but I can only imagine how much better it would be if Michael Bay had directed.

'Killer Klowns from Outer Space'

A B-movie horror from the 80's with easily the worst acting and effects you'll ever see.

Simply tremendous! So bad it's good. A cult classic. Has only just been released for Region 2 DVD this year.

Fifty dead men walking

The Road

The last 2 films ive watched and both 4 stars films well worth the watch.

simonr wrote:

Saw 'Gamorrah' on DVD recently - top notch 9/10.

Based in Naples and depicting life under the Camorrah (local mafia) it's well worth a watch ... and airing on BBC 4 tonight at 10.00.

Tune in wink

Saw that about 12 months ago and turned it off as it bored me.