Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Snowtown - a very disturbing, dark and horrendous film to watch, didn't enjoy a lot of it to be honest.  9/10

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

...yeah, it's fucking bleak, beautifully shot and acted though, not exactly a popcorn movie

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Chasing Ice - 9/10

Incredible footage in this doc about glaciers in the arctic. Must see for those who like nature docs.

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

I watched Jack Reacher over the weekend. LOL

JFT 39

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

I watched a movie called "Wrong" by Quentin Dupieux. It's a bizarre story about a guy who loses his dog. Have to say I really enjoyed it, 4/5.

Its from the same guy who directed Rubber - the movie about a homicidal tyre.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Pricer wrote:

I watched a movie called "Wrong" by Quentin Dupieux. It's a bizarre story about a guy who loses his dog. Have to say I really enjoyed it, 4/5.

Its from the same guy who directed Rubber - the movie about a homicidal tyre.

4/5? What crazy new ratings scale is this?

c310 dance music CDs in his collection (Apr 2014)

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Sorry! 8/10

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Pricer, never scared to push the boundaries of forward thinking.

JFT 39

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Grant wrote:

Snowtown - a very disturbing, dark and horrendous film to watch, didn't enjoy a lot of it to be honest.  9/10


Based on a true story folks. Bunting always reminded me of Dermo.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Evil Dead – wasn’t as brutal as I thought it was gonna be, and the original even though its 30 years old is still more frightening imo

Like the new prologue at the start of it though

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Big Fella wrote:
Grant wrote:

Snowtown - a very disturbing, dark and horrendous film to watch, didn't enjoy a lot of it to be honest.  9/10


Based on a true story folks. Bunting always reminded me of Dermo.

I didn't know it was based on a true story til the end.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Sean Penn's ''Into The Wild''...Based on a true story about top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandoned his possessions, gave his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhiked to Alaska to live in the wilderness

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

The Master

5/10

Next High-Soul Society@Star of Bethnal Green http://www.starofbethnalgreen.com
April 11th > march's effort http://m.mixcloud.com/danieloliver72/march-2014/

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Dermo wrote:

Loved Little Miss Sunshine.

great film

Next High-Soul Society@Star of Bethnal Green http://www.starofbethnalgreen.com
April 11th > march's effort http://m.mixcloud.com/danieloliver72/march-2014/

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Nick Sneddon wrote:

Evil Dead – wasn’t as brutal as I thought it was gonna be, and the original even though its 30 years old is still more frightening imo

Like the new prologue at the start of it though

Was the bit where they killed all the undead a bit less "Take Hart" though and did it have the tree rape scene in it?

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

MattBlack wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:

Evil Dead – wasn’t as brutal as I thought it was gonna be, and the original even though its 30 years old is still more frightening imo

Like the new prologue at the start of it though

Was the bit where they killed all the undead a bit less "Take Hart" though and did it have the tree rape scene in it?

Hahahahaha I know exactly what you mean, yeah those effects look well dated now. The tree scene is in there its just a little different

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

The Place Beyond The Pines. 8/10. Mandatory.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

^^^
lookin forward to this...

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

It's all about Ironman 3 and The Wolverine 3D for me.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

simeon79 wrote:

Sean Penn's ''Into The Wild''...Based on a true story about top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandoned his possessions, gave his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhiked to Alaska to live in the wilderness

Yeah, what a fucking idiot.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Kill list. A low budget British thriller/ horror that is like 2 different films in one, problem is it doesn't really know which one it wants to be. The film starts off with two hitmen who take on one last job for a mysterious client, a kill list, the first 2 3rds of the movie are a kind of buddy buddy movie as the two hitmen bicker and even though one of them is becoming more psychopathic there is still no real clue as to whats going to happen in the final 3rd and therin lies the problem, it turns into some kind of Wickerman clone and even though the ending is supposed to be quite horrifying because of the low budget you just end up sitting there wondering what the fuck happened.
The performances are quite good, the characters have a gritty edge and Neil Maskill portrays the psychopathic hitman quite well but that final act ruins it for me 6/10

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

MattBlack wrote:

Kill list. A low budget British thriller/ horror that is like 2 different films in one, problem is it doesn't really know which one it wants to be. The film starts off with two hitmen who take on one last job for a mysterious client, a kill list, the first 2 3rds of the movie are a kind of buddy buddy movie as the two hitmen bicker and even though one of them is becoming more psychopathic there is still no real clue as to whats going to happen in the final 3rd and therin lies the problem, it turns into some kind of Wickerman clone and even though the ending is supposed to be quite horrifying because of the low budget you just end up sitting there wondering what the fuck happened.
The performances are quite good, the characters have a gritty edge and Neil Maskill portrays the psychopathic hitman quite well but that final act ruins it for me 6/10

You're missing a major part of the story Matt. I missed it too, but found it online trying to piece it together.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Grant wrote:

You're missing a major part of the story Matt. I missed it too, but found it online trying to piece it together.

I get the bit about the family drama side which i probably should have mentioned and also who the cultists were, was there something else i missed?

Last edited by MattBlack (Wednesday Apr 2013 15:31:39)

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Got tickets to see Ironman 3 on Friday. Very excited.

Yes I'm 35 years old.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

MattBlack wrote:
Grant wrote:

You're missing a major part of the story Matt. I missed it too, but found it online trying to piece it together.

I get the bit about the family drama side which i probably should have mentioned and also who the cultists were, was there something else i missed?

Never had you down as a Strudders, Matt. Always thought you were smarter than that.

Here's a good synopsis: http://www.holymoly.com/film-dvd/blog/k … -then61097

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.