Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Watched Silver linings playbook today. Thought it was pretty good. Not bad at all actually.

Part of the problem

Yeah, pretty good too I thought. That's the second good film that Bradley Cooper has made then; The Place Beyond The Pines being the other.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

...even with the pitchfork scenes at the end, Kill List is still pretty damn good and Ben Wheatley is an excellent director

If only more British films were as good as this

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Never seen either of these. Cheers.

Part of the problem

...get Kill List down yer neck Derm, its about as WTF as films get

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Girl with the dragon tramp stamp.  The one with Daniel Craig.

A bit graphic in certain scenes.  Not as good as the book.  Was ok.

6/10.

Unbroken1 wrote:

Sweet, i'm on it.

Part of the problem

Unbroken1 wrote:

...even with the pitchfork scenes at the end, Kill List is still pretty damn good and Ben Wheatley is an excellent director

If only more British films were as good as this

I've got Sightseers on my rental list at the moment, so looking forward to watching that. Although, that's probably going to be another film which I choose that the missus walks out of. The others being Snowtown (killing the dog scene) and Kill List. Oh and Irreversible, which was supposed to be a nice romantic night in but ended up in tears. Not sure why she got upset over that one. She's a sensitive soul at times.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Sightseers is pretty good. Whacky Brit comedy that most of the world probably wont get. My mate from Canada thought i was kidding after he watched it.

Part of the problem

I went straight down B&Q  for a new hammer after watching kill list.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

Henry Rindhoops wrote:
MattBlack wrote:
Grant wrote:

You're missing a major part of the story Matt. I missed it too, but found it online trying to piece it together.

I get the bit about the family drama side which i probably should have mentioned and also who the cultists were, was there something else i missed?

Never had you down as a Strudders, Matt. Always thought you were smarter than that.

Here's a good synopsis: http://www.holymoly.com/film-dvd/blog/k … -then61097

It took me ages to find out stuff about this film - I saw it in the cinema - most of the early theories were that it was all a dream - he gets asked to wake-up two or three times in the film when he's already awake.  It still seems much more plausible than other stuff posted up.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

Yeah, pretty good too I thought. That's the second good film that Bradley Cooper has made then; The Place Beyond The Pines being the other.

I thought Limitless was good too. Didn't realise he produced that and Silver linings too until today.

Part of the problem

Down Terrace and Sightseers are great Wheatley films, to be fair to Matt, he didn't miss out that much on Kill List ie Cults.

Grant wrote:
Henry Rindhoops wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

I get the bit about the family drama side which i probably should have mentioned and also who the cultists were, was there something else i missed?

Never had you down as a Strudders, Matt. Always thought you were smarter than that.

Here's a good synopsis: http://www.holymoly.com/film-dvd/blog/k … -then61097

It took me ages to find out stuff about this film - I saw it in the cinema - most of the early theories were that it was all a dream - he gets asked to wake-up two or three times in the film when he's already awake.  It still seems much more plausible than other stuff posted up.

I suppose i didnt get all the subtle nuances as it was quite late when i watched the film and probably didnt read it that well which a lot of people have said, like i said it wasnt a bad film, just probably need to watch it again to get it a little better

I enjoyed Silver linings playbook too, it showed Bradley Cooper to be more than just a himbo and he can actually act

Fatal Deviation - 9/10

"An Epic Irish Martial Arts Movie". I quite enjoyed Mikey from Boyzone in it.

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

Eden lake. A decent British horror with Jack O'Connel on menacing form 7/10

Iron Man 3 was ace pop corn entertainment, nearly up there with The Avengers, and best of the 3 IM-movies. Ben Kingsley killed it.

The Raid .... 7.5

Indonesian action film, no doubt the yanks will remake it at some point.

SimonR

Homegrove wrote:

Iron Man 3 was ace pop corn entertainment, nearly up there with The Avengers, and best of the 3 IM-movies. Ben Kingsley killed it.

Fuck you Hannu and your art-house wank. Always ruining it for us mainstream types.

Just got the imposter in the mail. Finally!

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

Sirius - 8/10

Not sure this is intellectually viable for some on here but a brilliant documentary all the same.

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

Unbroken1 wrote:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Part of the problem

Gangster Squad - complete tripe. Turned it off after about an hour.

Part of the problem

Total Recall - The new one.

Wank.

3/10.

Dermo wrote:

Gangster Squad - complete tripe. Turned it off after about an hour.

Funnily enough I did the same, even that tasty Emma Stone looked drab in this.