Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

It is lol.

It seems to be getting decent reviews though which is baffling

Last edited by seanc80 (Tuesday Jun 2013 04:16:58)

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Fail:

'That's My Boy' - Adam Sandler phoning it in from his private island - quite possibly the worst film i have ever witnessed.... EVER (and I have watched 'Grown Ups') 0/10

'A Good Day to Die Hard' - fuck me is Bruce Willis short of a few bob or something?!!?  Easily the worst of the lot by some distance 1/10

Winning:

'Midnight in Paris' - a very enjoyable Woody Allen movie *shock* 7.5/10

Last edited by shaunstrudwick (Tuesday Jun 2013 04:11:14)

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

seanc80 wrote:

It is lol.

It seems to be getting a decent reviews though which is baffling

by all accounts a good sci-fi actioner without much depth/personality

looking like a successful reboot for the 'franchise' though

living la vida Strudders

If the first half of that description is the flick then the second half must be yourself Shaun.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

seanc80 wrote:

If the first half of that description is the flick then the second half must be yourself Shaun.

something like that

living la vida Strudders

..'Behind the Candelabra'. Fantastic performances, just about the best thing Michael Douglas has ever done. Proper 'Boogie Nights'-style 80's excess, Damon does a scarily convincing slide into coke-hell, Rob Lowe hilarious as the stretch-faced comedy villain plastic surgeon.

Not a cinema release in the US (HBO production), so is 'out there'...

(Homophobes like Flares should probably avoid)

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

shaunstrudwick wrote:

...'Midnight In Paris' is possibly the worst Woody Allen I've ever seen Shaun, lol

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Unbroken1 wrote:

..'Behind the Candelabra'. Fantastic performances, just about the best thing Michael Douglas has ever done. Proper 'Boogie Nights'-style 80's excess, Damon does a scarily convincing slide into coke-hell, Rob Lowe hilarious as the stretch-faced comedy villain plastic surgeon.

I was coaxed into watching this with the missus and it didn't disappoint....Douglas puts in a top shelf performance

Unbroken1 wrote:
shaunstrudwick wrote:

...'Midnight In Paris' is possibly the worst Woody Allen I've ever seen Shaun, lol

i thought it was quite watchable

maybe i should have included recent in there - he stopped making good films about the same time he started banging his step daughter

living la vida Strudders

Unbroken1 wrote:

is this available over the internets at all - or did you go to the cinema?

living la vida Strudders

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GvbbczNTJ7o/TzgCySxhOTI/AAAAAAAAAnY/QKvpJPEamrw/s1600/MorelyL0510_468x707.jpg

Sean - i can't view the jpeg but i'm sure it's hilarious xx

living la vida Strudders

Shaun,  look at the shit you watch. Adam fucking Sandler films, Bruce fucking Willis films. then you expect anyone to take your recommendations seriously.

Part of the problem

Saw Kingpin on Sunday.

Ernie McCracken is a sensational character.

Dermo wrote:

Shaun,  look at the shit you watch. Adam fucking Sandler films, Bruce fucking Willis films. then you expect anyone to take your recommendations seriously.

in my defense there is not a wealth of decent new films out there on rental / Sky to watch atm

example in point being both of those were when i was looking for something new to watch that would be fairly lightweight @ about 11pm whilst waiting for the next baby feed about 1am

make me some recommendations that aren't too heavy and i will attempt to track down and watch

living la vida Strudders

Baby feed @ 1am LOL?????? Here's a recommendation - Man up and grow some.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Baby feed @ 1am LOL?????? Here's a recommendation - Man up and grow some.

mate - it's better just to take it on the chin than the alternative

living la vida Strudders

I've been taking it on the chin for years mate. But thats another story.

Part of the problem

Aren't you a bit old to be knocking out new borns Shaun?

Last edited by Big Fella (Tuesday Jun 2013 05:52:41)

Big Fella wrote:

Aren't you a bit old to be knocking out new borns Shaun?

yes

living la vida Strudders

seanc80 wrote:

A cop actually said 'effing' instead of the word 'fucking' toward the end.

lol.

Or the line with the Coast Guard at the beginning where they say 'Just leave 'em.'  Pretty cringe-worthy dialogue throughout.

shaunstrudwick wrote:
Dermo wrote:

in my defense there is not a wealth of decent new films out there on rental / Sky to watch atm

example in point being both of those were when i was looking for something new to watch that would be fairly lightweight @ about 11pm whilst waiting for the next baby feed about 1am

make me some recommendations that aren't too heavy and i will attempt to track down and watch

Watch something good you've haven't seen in ages.  Spongebob fucking Squarepants or whatever is a better option that that Sandler film, or the new Die Hard.

I saw a Danish film called The Hunt last night, basically a nursery teacher strung up cos a little wan told a lie.

Recommended.

loopdokter wrote:

Or the line with the Coast Guard at the beginning where they say 'Just leave 'em.'  Pretty cringe-worthy dialogue throughout.

Yeah Jay. Who could ever forget that one. Such hilarity.

Dear lamb of Christ.

fadass wrote:
loopdokter wrote:

Yeah Jay. Who could ever forget that one. Such hilarity.

Dear lamb of Christ.

Haha. 

Anyway, I saw Cloud Atlas the other night.  It was 3 hours of what seemed to be 200 different plot lines, spliced together.  It jumped around more than a frog on acid.  Considering my ADD, this was worse than an diagnosed 6 year old with the film being all over the map.  It was next to impossible to follow and figure out what the hell was going on.  With only one redeeming scene (and plotline for that matter - the old age home/pub scene), this was a terrible waste time that gets a massive 'what the fuck was going through their heads when they made this' every time I think about it.  Dreadful.  2/10

I imagine the book is better at stringing the plots together, but this was a mess.