Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Made of Stone - the Stone Roses documentary.

Enjoyed it but it is very sympathetic - Reni has a hissy fit, storms off stage, refuses to do an encore and fucks off and the film just smoothly glosses over it - no follow up from the film crew, no questions asked, no feathers ruffled.

6.5/10

Yeh, saw it on Friday and thought the same. Also thought the Heaton Park clientele left a lot to be desired.

Watched The Shining last night.. not as good as I remember, still love the carpet though.

Amps wrote:

Watched The Shining last night.. not as good as I remember, still love the carpet though.

Have you seen that film Room something or other about all the Kubrick hidden meanings behind it?

Havent seen it but have heard a fair few of the theories... most of which are a bit of a stretch at best. Film student's with too much time on their hands etc.

Their room in the hotel was room 237, because the moon is 237,000 miles from earth, it's an admittance from Kubric that he shot the fake moon landings.

Er... no.

Big Fella wrote:
Amps wrote:

Have you seen that film Room something or other about all the Kubrick hidden meanings behind it?

Looks interesting BF,just put it in my Amazon basket.Is it worth it?

Think Amps has just answered my question.

Sorry mate, watched about 30 mins and thought fuckin hell.

Amps wrote:

Havent seen it but have heard a fair few of the theories... most of which are a bit of a stretch at best. Film student's with too much time on their hands etc.

Their room in the hotel was room 237, because the moon is 237,000 miles from earth, it's an admittance from Kubric that he shot the fake moon landings.

Er... no.

big_smile

The room number is different in the book. No idea why Kubrick really changed it.

There is no room 237 in the hotel where they shot it. They used room 217 and changed the number so future guests wouldn't be afraid to stay in it.

There's a load of stuff about how corridors and room placements don't add up and 'impossible' windows etc.

Most of it is shit, just basic mistakes in film making, but because Kubric was supposedly a perfectionist / genius, everyone thinks they must have been on purpose. A genius wouldnt cast Tom Cruise. Ever. In anything.

He cast Tom Cruise on purpose, think about it. Lol

Finally watched Iron Man 3 last night.

As a bit of a Marvel fan I had to stomach the bastardisation of the Extremis plot-line.

The swerve though - not over that

Last edited by Andy C (Monday Oct 2013 09:49:53)

Andy C wrote:

As a bit of a Marvel fan I had to stomach the bastardisation of the Extremis plot-line.

Spoiler, dude.  FFS.

Last edited by Yant (Monday Oct 2013 09:53:34)

Amps wrote:

Still a headfuck of a movie.
I watched Jacob's Ladder the other night and it's very dated....speaking of headfuck movies.

I read Doctor Sleep a couple of weeks ago.  Good stuff.

Yant wrote:

Yep. First real page turner he's produced in years.

Andy C wrote:

But the Mandarin being an Actor? Not got over that yet.

Thoughts etc

Homegrove wrote:
Yant wrote:

Yep. First real page turner he's produced in years.

I was going to get It from the library (yes, library, you fucks) the other day but declined. Fuck me, 1300 plus pages. I would've needed a hand to put it in the boot.

It's worth it, Phil.

Yant wrote:

It's worth it, Phil.

Thanks Yant. I feel bad now for using profanities in the footy thread. But I know that's different. We can slaughter each other over there lol.

Haha fair do's!

Yant wrote:

Spoiler, dude.  FFS.

Shit sorry, i'm usually so on top of those things aswell. Thought I was the last person to ever see it haha

I recommend you change your quote, I have my original now!

Done mate.  Worth removing as it makes the movie IMO.  Proper laughing out loud.

La Nausee wrote:

Thoughts etc

Usual high quality effects in the scenes he's actually in the suit. Like I said, the swerve just killed me a little inside, but had to air on the side of "there's a load of people who will have no idea what theyve just done" so rolls the bastardisation wagon over such MAJOR details like they don't matter. It was pretty funny in execution however.

The trailers were very clever though. Think I still rate the first one as my favourite. This one just seemed to dry up of ideas to get across as a movie.

Oh yeah, edit your quote from before wink My bad I know.

Last edited by Andy C (Monday Oct 2013 10:03:24)

Andy C wrote:
La Nausee wrote:

Thoughts etc

Usual high quality effects in the scenes he's actually in the suit. Like I said, the swerve just killed me a little inside, but had to air on the side of "there's a load of people who will have no idea what theyve just done" so rolls the bastardisation wagon over such MAJOR details like they don't matter. It was pretty funny in execution however.

The trailers were very clever though. Think I still rate the first one as my favourite. This one just seemed to dry up of ideas to get across as a movie.

Oh yeah, edit your quote from before wink My bad I know.

Andy, have you taken any drugs today?