Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

shaunstrudwick wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Remove Norton Shaun, that's your problem.

what would you recommend instead?

thought Norton was the best anti-viral/spyware type application?

Avast.

cool - will have a look into it

Norton is proper fucking JOAM....never seems to lets me install windows updates

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Avast or AVG, avoid Nortons and McAfee like the plague

MattBlack wrote:

Avast or AVG, avoid Nortons and McAfee like the plague

didn't get on with AVG

will look into Avast

shaunstrudwick wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

Props for getting the DVD player working Strudders.

PS3 - though can't get it to sync to my Sony laptop media drive - lol

You do have to jump through a couple of hoops turning on Media streaming etc. but it works a treat once you get it going. The other thing is for the PS3 to view the files they need to be in the Windows Media Player libraries.

Dont help him Titian. He's got to learn these things by himself.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Man of Steel, 9/10? Fucking hell, Strudders. I'd rather smear dog-shit in my eyes than watch that.

As an incredible juxtaposition, I've just watched The Constant Gardener - that's a proper 9/10 film - superb in every way. I didn't watch it at the time as I'd not read any reviews and was put off by the meaningless title. A really, really good film.

Grant wrote:

Man of Steel, 9/10? Fucking hell, Strudders. I'd rather smear dog-shit in my eyes than watch that.

As an incredible juxtaposition, I've just watched The Constant Gardener - that's a proper 9/10 film - superb in every way. I didn't watch it at the time as I'd not read any reviews and was put off by the meaningless title. A really, really good film.

good film - and anything with Weiz in it is worth a watch

Mendes directed iirc

and didn't it get love @ the Oscars?

well done for picking the 'sleeper' hit of 2007 - are you and Jay swapping notes in class?

On my phone so can't be bothered facts checking lol

shaunstrudwick wrote:
Grant wrote:

good film - and anything with Weiz in it is worth a watch

Mendes directed iirc

and didn't it get love @ the Oscars?

well done for picking the 'sleeper' hit of 2007 - are you and Jay swapping notes in class?

On my phone so can't be bothered facts checking lol

Directed by Fernando Meirelles.  I'm not picking a sleeper hit, I've just got round to watching it.

I'm just scraping that dog-shit out of my eyes.

Man of steel is not as good as Superman or Superman 2

Jesus suffering fuck.

Grant wrote:

Jesus suffering fuck.

just thinking of other things i've seen recently

'Welcome To The Punch' was alright - Mark Strong was good in it - solid British cast - is that the sort of thing you go for?

have not seen the Danny Boyle one yet - 'tripping' is it?  (edit: no it's 'trance') - that looks good

Jo Nesbo - Headhunters was also good - got the one from Game of Thrones in it

shaunstrudwick wrote:
Grant wrote:

Jesus suffering fuck.

'Welcome To The Punch' was alright - Mark Strong was good in it - solid British cast - is that the sort of thing you go for?

have not seen the Danny Boyle one yet - 'tripping' is it?  (edit: no it's 'trance') - that looks good

Jo Nesbo - Headhunters was also good - got the one from Game of Thrones in it

Jesus suffering fuck was aimed at Matt. Headhunters is practically a comedy.

Grant wrote:

Headhunters is practically a comedy.

yeah it is a bit

shaunstrudwick wrote:

'

Dont bother.

While the Mrs was out till 6am last night "selling Hat Pins",
Not to sure why she comes home with her matted with spunk,but i digress, I was watching the late great Dennis Hopper in tour de force mode in my favourite film of all time. So if there are any like minded chaps on this board(i can think of a few)'Enjoy 'if you get a few Mins...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reNY3qAtiDw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5VU8GJcg24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPIz9pD3Zm8

and finally my personal favourite and family motto;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7NitmzzZX8

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Friday Dec 2013 07:45:14)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

And Dennis Hopper 'Lite' But mesmerising...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3yon2GyoiM

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

Anchorman 2. 2.25.

Really patchy some good laughs but they struggled to fill two hours very weird towards the end.

Mmmmmm,
using linear programming ,the maslow's hierachy and the archimedes screw in my calculations, i have drawn the conclusion that 'Blue Velvet' eclipses 'Anchorman 2' into the slop out bucket.

The Act Of Killing.

Not exactly entertaining and in places it's so surreal it's almost absurd but fuck me what a powerful documentary.

For entertainment and enjoyment it's a 5/10.

For impact it's a 9.5/10.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/14/movie … quads.html

Last edited by smashdad (Friday Jan 2014 20:03:57)

Watched the Lincoln Lawyer last night. It was surprisingly good, nothing new but very enjoyable. Matthew McConaghay has come some ways as an actor lately. Marisa Tomei's nipple is also always nice.

The hobbit : TDOS - thought it was alright but a much weaker film that the first. Nothing gets resolved, none of the characters develop or complete personal arcs and there's some horrendous betrayals of character ("lets just all give up!"). At least they toned down the physics defying stupidity and out of nowhere miracle solutions the first one kept bringing up and Smaug is awesome. 7/10

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

After family filled festive frolics, yesterday was missus and my first chance to inhabit the sofa without any interruption. As a result:

Seven Psychopaths - 6.5/10. Both huge fans of In Bruges, and had expected (hoped for?!) similar style of dialogue and comedy here. It's there in flashes, but a very different film on the whole. Sam Rockwell is excellent, and Christopher Walken does what Christopher Walken does very well. Moments of brilliance interjected with extended periods of trying too hard.

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale - 6/10. A recommendation from a work colleague who is the resident film nerd. Quirky but likeable telling of a Finnish Santa myth that has Santa being not very nice.

Trance - 8/10. Given Danny Boyle's repertoire, I half expected this to be a club based film, and thus liked all club based films a bit shit. Instead, it's a fairly complex and twisty tale of hypnosis and a heist gone wrong. Well written and directed, James McAvoy continues to sound a bit strange when he speaks in his own natural accent. Recommended.

Searching for the Sugar Man.

What an amazing story.

9/10.