Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Wahlberg is awesome. I have all his albums.

Hunger Games - Catching Fire

Actually pleasantly surprised.  8/10

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 - 8/10 - just as good as the first one imo

Frozen - 5/10 - probably your thing if you are a girl aged 4-11

Wolf of Wall Street - Some really really funny druggie moments... otherwise it dragged, could have easily chopped off 30 mins. Entertaining nonetheless.

Gearing up for American Hustle, which I'm guessing will be much better. Got Trance lined up as well.

Skip the movies and just get balls deep in date pudding Rhouses.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

seanc80 wrote:

American Hustle. Had looked forward to watching this and it started promisingly but grew steadily more & more  tedious as the film progressed. Fell asleep half the way through but i doubt it took a monumental u turn 6/10

I almost concur with this... I didn't fall asleep mind.  The female lead is quite quirky and didn't wear a huge amount which was nice.  Casting was great, script was good to start with then the storyline and script deteriorate just after half way through... It becomes patently fucking obvious how the plot will play out.  It kept my interest, Bale is very good - excellent, believable accent... He defintiely modelled his accent on one or two famous actors accents (Slight awkward pronunciation/minor lisp with heavy Bronx lilt) but it never clicked who, bugging the shit out of me.

Anyway, 6.5 on 10

millsy23 wrote:

What's the release date for this one Millsy? Sounds quite interesting - who is playing the female lead?

millsy23 wrote:

http://duetogsaij514.cloudfront.net/images/products/11/LN_403402_BP_11.jpg

Went all out on this a couple nights back. Next level.

Yant wrote:

Hunger Games - Catching Fire

Actually pleasantly surprised.  8/10

Jesus Christ, Yant.  Did you like the Twighlight Trilogy as well?

I saw the Hunger Games (first one) over xmas and thought it was quite good, do like a bit of Jennifer Lawrence though.

Big Fella wrote:

I saw the Hunger Games (first one) over xmas and thought it was quite good, do like a bit of Jennifer Lawrence though.

Christ BF, it's absolute shit-house.  I went to the cinema to see it, but only because my missus, out of spite after me telling her she had shit taste in films, got to choose.  Oh how we laughed at that wasted two hours.

It's a children's film at best.  And not in a Toy-Story-Simpsons-great-for-adults-too kind of way.

But better than the rom-com the missus normally likes, no?

Big Fella wrote:

But better than the rom-com the missus normally likes, no?

She doesn't like those to be fair.  The few times I've allowed her a selection, it's ended in a row and the inevitable tears.

I'd rather watch a rom-com than Hunger Games anyway.  I detest rom-coms.

Grant in no taste shocker.  I love you, Grant.

Have you read the books? have you seen the second movie?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say no.

Last edited by Yant (Tuesday Jan 2014 02:06:16)

12 years a slave is bloody fantastic.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Yant wrote:

Grant in no taste shocker.  I love you, Grant.

Have you read the books? have you seen the second movie?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say no.

You're taste in films is awful Yant, so you're in no position to judge mine.  Didn't we cover this off with my top 20?

I'm not prepared to waste my time on teenage bullshit Yant and I make no apology for that.

millsy23 wrote:

Looking forward to seeing this... Proper British effort.
The lead geezer (unpronounceable / un-typable name) was in Greenwich Mean Time in the late 90's ... Quite a shit film if truth be told but I liked it and he was fucking ace

Hodgy wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

The lead geezer (unpronounceable / un-typable name) was in Greenwich Mean Time in the late 90's ... Quite a shit film if truth be told but I liked it and he was fucking ace

You'll love it Hodge. Hard going in places, proper brutal. But Steve McQueen has said he wanted to make a film that effectively woke America up from its collective amnesia and I think he's succeeded. It is as good as film making gets imo.

Michael Fassbender and Chiwetel Ejiofor are fantastic actors. I hope they, and McQueen, sweep the boards with this one, although I also thing Prisoners is just as good and needs equal recognition come awards season.

------------

Grant wrote:

You're taste in films is awful Yant, so you're in no position to judge mine.  Didn't we cover this off with my top 20?

I'm not prepared to waste my time on teenage bullshit Yant and I make no apology for that.

Not judging at all mate.  Each to their own.

millsy23 wrote:
Hodgy wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

You'll love it Hodge. Hard going in places, proper brutal. But Steve McQueen has said he wanted to make a film that effectively woke America up from its collective amnesia and I think he's succeeded. It is as good as film making gets imo.

Michael Fassbender and Chiwetel Ejiofor are fantastic actors. I hope they, and McQueen, sweep the boards with this one, although I also thing Prisoners is just as good and needs equal recognition come awards season.

The more I read about this McQueen bloke the more I like him... About time someone started to  make some proper film films... Gritty stuff like this 12 years jobby.... I'm getting fucking tired of batman and robin versus superman and the avengers captain Thor Spider-Man 16.

Word to Big Bird Hodgy. I weep into my Hazelnut Frappe every time Strudders or Hannu give 'Captain America Vs Aliens 2' and suchlike a 'solid 10/10'.

------------

millsy23 wrote:

What happens? Does he get a grip and find gainful employment?

lol. There is a lot of moaning that goes on.

------------

millsy23 wrote:

lol. There is a lot of moaning that goes on.

sounds like a hoot

Big Fella wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

What happens? Does he get a grip and find gainful employment?

I can almost hear loopy thinking "The one good thing to come out of centuries of slavery... this movie."