Topic: Which DJ get's the next Bedrock Breaks mix CD ?

Cast your votes.

If you vote for AN Other then please leave a message to say who you voted for.

The selection above is as it is because they best represent my memory of those whose breaks I've most enjoyed at Bedrock.  Apologies for anyone left out - no offence intended.

Re: Which DJ get's the next Bedrock Breaks mix CD ?

Forme!

Sorry, I know it's bad form, what with Mr Lisle on here an' all, but I really want a proper Forme mix. Isn't Bedrock pretty much the only place he's played so far? Or not?

Funky Dung

"It's in the saaand"

sorry but it's gotta be Captain Lisle.

Heard most (I think) of the mixes he's done and seen him live a couple of times and he's been amazing. Three deck mixes, perfect programming and hardly new a singel track he played- and they were ALL amazing.

Opted not to bother asking him what they all were because I would've just been stood at the booth all night - spot spot spot etc.

I don't think the Bedrock Breaks series relies heavily on Hyper's name for sales - more on the Bedrock name so surely Jonathan deserves his chance?

FD - if you're after some Forme stuff - check out the Unkle - Do Androids Dream Of Electro Breaks 3cd compilation. It was re-edited into James Lavelle's Fabric cd and a Radio 1 Essential mix but apparently it was all originally done by Richard Files (Forme) of Unkle. CD2 has got a wealth of Forme tracks on it so I can certainly believe it.

Incredible mix as well . . .

thanks mate but ive got alot more dues to pay before i jonny boy gives me a comp like that. i know exactly what id do for it tho..

FD - if you're after some Forme stuff - check out the Unkle - Do Androids Dream Of Electro Breaks 3cd compilation

I've had a CDR of it for about six months now, and just bought a packaged version only 30 minutes ago! Love it to bits. smile

As for Hyper being a name - he certainly is in Sydney. He's playing here in a couple of weeks, and one of the main clubs is opening up a whole new room especially for him. He's credited as inventing the whole house/breaks thing!!!

Funky Dung

"It's in the saaand"

Well if Lisle can't do it then it has to be Freeland.

yea i say freeland or terminal head...probably freeland tho

jung

can't see freeland doing one - why would he put his name and potential sales onto another label?

would be good to hear forme coming out from behind the unkle cloak.
i noticed he co-wrote stuff from ils first album too, as well as production work all over the place. he obviously isn't too arsed about getting direct praise himself. respect for just being bothered about the music (and the partying, of course).

mr lisle - where exactly do you play out in london? i'm aching to hear your style but unless i'm blind i don't see your name about much. there's been a buzz about you for a while, but you don't seem to be given the chance to back it up. sort out your agent/management i reckon  wink

alex.

i'm goin for jon because i'm biased and looks like bez and he's a nice guy!!!

more than happy with what hyper's done on the latest one though.. and i think a freeland one would be erm... "lush!"

ha.

seriously though, i think jon would do a wicked job because we all know what kind of cd it would be.  nothing like hyper's that's for sure.

and stop all this "gotta pay my dues!" malarkey.  just go up to digweed when he's eating his tea, pull your trousers down and tell him you ain't putting them up again till he gives you the chance. 

word.  8)

if things seem shorter than they are, finish counting all the stars.  feel the years washed down again, another pay cheque to cash in.  pray the lord of flesh and bone, leaves you some to call your own, as we slowly feel our way, through another, shapeless day.... BOSH!