Topic: Sasha & Zabiela B2B

http://www.be-at.tv/brands/wmc/shelborn … zabiela.go

Zabiela dances like an absolute shithouse.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Re: Sasha & Zabiela B2B

He's fucking smashing it right now. I need to hear this set, sans paparazzi and in a dark sweaty club.

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

am i missing something here? James Zabiela never quite does it for me, dunno his music seems a bit weak for something.

tripod.. tripod.. tripod..

i don't think so. His problem for me is that he hasn't got a style. His style if anything is fucking about with everything incomprehensibly to the point where the track loses its identity.
He plays every record jumping around like he's invented the wheel but the tracks just don't live up to his energy. He's like an over excited child which is annoying after a while.
I have never and will never pay to see him, he does nothing for me musically.

JFT 39

I did pay to see him once to see it first hand and I will say I was disappointing, even watching him now the tracks he plays in my opinion are average bar the odd one or two.  No groove to his music just epicness and show, there is the odd bit of brilliance but kinda boring to be honest on the whole. Obviously his mixing and tech skills are un questionable but thats kinda irrelevant to me, You can tell he never necked a few pills in some dark basement club and danced his arse off.

Which I did at Weatherall on Paddys nite and he fucking tore the place up nothing like what im watching now.. huge difference between Zabiela and all the big boys IMO

This whole broadcast is a joke. Cant hear a thing with all the 'exclusives'.

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

Yeh he's a self confessed geek/nerd/starwars fan into music but i get the feeling he's only into the tech side of it and lacks the ability to lock into a groove. I think it was Larry Levan who said "there's no point in playing groovy music to people if you haven't got the groove yourself".
It looks like he's having some kind of embolism on that last track too.

Last edited by Dermo (Wednesday Mar 2012 17:50:41)

JFT 39

My experience with life long drug free DJs is usually music that just is lacking something, maybe with the exception of James Holden.

Id say Zabiela jailbreaks all the DJs ipads for them. Tight Gits

And yes he got into a humping motion with his iPad toward the end.. All that tofu must be coming up on him now.

Last edited by fatman (Wednesday Mar 2012 17:55:22)

i think you'll find Holden has taken every drug known to man.

JFT 39

fatman wrote:

All that tofu must be coming up on him now.

LOL

JFT 39

Dermo wrote:

i think you'll find Holden has taken every drug known to man.

that would make perfect sense because his music is great.  I heard through the grapevine (some idiot at a party who said he knew him) he was drug free..

Nah he's taken everything in the cabinet I imagine and under the sink.

Defo not a wheatgrass diet doing that.

http://assets.thequietus.com/images/articles/847/InfraRed_1228833957_crop_350x233.jpg

Last edited by Dermo (Wednesday Mar 2012 18:11:05)

JFT 39

i've seen zabiela once, and had a good time... wouldn't see again.

i've seen holden 3 or 4 times, and haven't had a good time once... might see again.

Last edited by zackster (Wednesday Mar 2012 20:39:41)

There's a reason why JZ doesn't play 5 or 6 hour sets.

Hasn't got the minerals, musically.

...watched a bit of this last night and quite enjoyed it, thought they both played some good stuff, Sasha particularly, shame he seemed to be a spectator for much of it though

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

I like James and think that he is a wonderful DJ to watch. I wouldn't know where to start with half the tricks he pulls out of the bag. He is amazingly talented. But, I probably wouldn't go out of my way to see him play other than at the High Tide boat party  or something like that if I'm being totally honest.

Personally, I think he should perhaps go down the bass music route because he could make a ridiculous amount of money and would be an infinitely more palatable poster boy than Skrillex.

Prog God

JZ's double shift to cover for Sasha at the Tribal Warehouse 2005 was his finest hour imo, no messing about just heads down and got to business.

Extremely gifted and talented DJ, but not for me.

I agree but he doesnt know how to create a vibe its just tech nonsense. I like watching his youtube vids just coz it blows your mind the speed and geekyness of it all is amazing. But all this fucking around detracts from the music imo.
Tbh i think that him and Sasha b2b is an absolute clusterfuck of musical disharmony.

JFT 39

Agreed. It's great to watch on youtube, but doesn't interest me in a club.

I think Zabiela is great. He is different, he utilises technology and is one of very few who are able to use analog & digital media and create something unique. At the end of the day, he might not be in a certain mould but that's what makes him so good imo. He may not be some peoples "thing" but I don't think anyone can take it away from him, he is very talented.

Wez Saunders
(e) wesley.a.saunders@gmail.com

Dan Harwood wrote:

Personally, I think he should perhaps go down the bass music route because he could make a ridiculous amount of money and would be an infinitely more palatable poster boy than Skrillex.

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

The prog fraternity disown Zabiela, who'd have thought it!

Seriously though he doesn't half play a load of twaddle, and that mental jumping about the place? Not cricket really.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

The breaks track he ended with was and is complete gash.

JFT 39

He looks a bit daft dancing around with an ipad imo.