Topic: whose up for a bit of Freeland action tonight then??

Howay man this is gonna be lush...

Re: whose up for a bit of Freeland action tonight then??

i'm all up for it brother, but i'm a long way away with no money and work tomorrow!!!

LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH LUSH

I think our police are excellent, probably because I have not done anything that has occasioned being beaten up by these good men

will be interesting to see how live 'live' will be, but the idea was to take it on the road as much as put it down in the studio, so hopefully we talking live vocals and artist interaction instead of nonstop dat.
whatever, we all know the tunes will be amazing.
and chucking in evil 9 and middleton is fair generous too.
fun fun fun  tongue

alex.

will def. be there tonight, i missed out on all the fun this weekend. can't wait to check out what adam's been up too, not to mention what this 'live' project is alla bout. come and say hi, girl in a green army hat.

CAN'T MAKE IT.....NO ONE TELL ME HOW GOOD IT WAS AS I'LL JUST  GET PISSED OFF WITH MY MATES WHO DON'T WANT TO GO......BUNCH OF TWATS

jung

wait for Supernatural Thang...

it goes ' inter-planetary dooosh extra-ordinary dooosh'...proper lush.

school night rave...come on.

yo jungle, me and betawax rocked it like no other... what a  fuckin nite, top set, live interplanetery vocals, and the evil nine boys on top geezer duties at the end...
this nite is down as an all timer...
weep and follow...

alex.

come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alex.

How was it ?

I'll be there for his DJ set at Fabric on Saturday.

yo jungle, me and betawax rocked it like no other... what a  #$%! nite, top set, live interplanetery vocals, and the evil nine boys on top geezer duties at the end...
this nite is down as an all timer...
weep and follow...

monkey tennis YOU ARE A CUNT

wish i went now sad

jung

sorry jungle
err... it wasn't that good really, in fact it was crap and you didn't miss out at all. freeland were rubbish, and middleton and evil 9 have no idea how to dj, and the tunes? god they were awful. all the people there were boring, and the atmosphere was generally lame. wish i'd stayed in too.  sad

[yeah, right!]
lol

alex.

i was like "anyone coming cargo then" and they were all like "uh we don't know where it is".....
look it up on a map......i stayed at home playing online mini golf with some girl i know.....she was fit though......

BUT I MISSED FREELAND :cry:

jung

yeah, it really sucked, i left after the third track, the opening mc was a fucking riot, if i had a tomato i would of thrown it, the club has great potential, adam had a good vibe going, he was really into the music but come on, 'we want your soul' is a piece of shit . . . not my cup of tea, sorry to be so blunt . . .

DELETED

jung

dunno if that was sarcasm....but when freeland first played we want your sould (on the nightingale show like 6 months ago) i almost came...but every time i listen to it....it gets worse and worse....and its boring me....i'm sure every other track will work...but we want your soul has gone stale :oops:

jung

Really?? That's a shame. Or is that you being sarcastic too?

I taped that show.

I'f i'd known you had no one to go with, we could have gone together Jungle. I wasn't really planning on going, but the above reviews are pretty damn impressive

@nnax

we want your soul doesn't have that same feel that it does the more i listen to it....yea that woulda been cool anna.....UNFORTUNATELY I STILL MISSED IT :cry:

jung

I saw 'Freeland' at Cargo last night. 

I didn't get it at all.  Respect to Adam for trying and all that but .........

sort of know where you're coming from with we want your soul jungle. i wouldn't say i'm liking it less, but i have heard it to death and need a breather. thing is it's more of an instant fix rather than a slow burner. the final edit is done as a kind of pop single. i reckon if it was drawn out or remixed in a more tune friendly way it would rock hard. it does break a set down quite well, but i'm not gonna be digging it when all break djs start throwing it into their sets when it gets released. is a good instant hit promotion wise, will definately get freeland some attention and exposure.
some of the proper dancefloor stuff they played was amazing, and the whole thing really worked well live. and interplanetary was a f'kin pearl.
freeland in a george bush mask was pretty mad too.

what did anyone else think? JL?

alex.

I went along on Wednesday without having heard anything from Freeland, so I had no preconeptions.

I thought it overall it was a success. The idea of taking breaks to a live stage is a bold move, which was shown in the amount of breaks djs and industry there. Were they all waiting for Adam to fail or just to add support? I dont know, but they impressed me.

It's difficult to tell whether the project is aimed more at the live gig arena or for clubs. Cargo is a mixed venue for both gigs and club nights, but Wed seemed more like a concert than a club night.

Some of the tunes worked really well, with the mix of live instruments and triggered samples. The guest vocalists broke it up a bit, but didnt really add anything.

I think this was only their second gig and they all looked to be enjoying themselves, as well as the crowd near the front ie the paying punters, and not half the dance music industry, who stood around, arms folded.

I think this is just the beginning for Freeland and good luck to em!

thats the way to approach it, kiddster, no preconceptions.
whole thing is like when justin robertson kicked off his lionrock stuff, which despite carrying influences from his djing style, was more about mixing it up with instruments and getting that spontaneous live feel.
wednesday was definately more of a concert feel, right from the moment the crowd arrived and built up around the stage.
i thought it had real energy, maybe because i've always enjoyed gigging as well as clubbing.
i can understand why others may not 'get it', but maybe they're not as broadminded with their choice of entertainment? you don't have to like it in order to understand it.

alex.

AND YOU AIN'T GOTTA UNDERSATND IT IN ORDER TO LIKE IT

purists piss me off so much....can't they just fuck off back up their own asses?

jung

His DJ set at Tyrant, Fabric was awesome, Infusion - Dead Souls and his own track - We Want Your Soul as well as Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit bootleg. Loads of energy, had the crowd eating out of his hand.

So, I open the door to my enemies, and ask could we wipe the slate clean,
If they tell me to please go and fuck myself, you know you just can't win

mixes on sound cloud

he's back down there on april 4th with hybrid doing a live set too.
thats gotta be inked in.

alex.

That could be a definite go-er. Is Adam DJing or is it a live set on April 4th ?

I'd rather see Hybrid do a DJ set though as I haven't been overimpressed with the last 2 singles. Not lush * enough, definitely missing the orchestra. The last 2 Hybrid DJs sets have been wicked.

* Oops everyone seems to be pinching Jon's fave word wink

So, I open the door to my enemies, and ask could we wipe the slate clean,
If they tell me to please go and fuck myself, you know you just can't win

mixes on sound cloud