Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

...didn't know that, was that when she was on the Horse?

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

I saw him once at Homelands 2001. The highlight for me was when he dropped Hardfloor's 'Acerperience' as his last tune before Orbital took to the stage.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it'
Dogmong 2017

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

Dan Harwood wrote:

I dont ever recall Renaissance ever holding a NYE party at Canvas? What year?

Yeah they did cant remember the year but Neil played there

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

Dermo wrote:

Seb Fontaine was wank. And probably still is.

Chelsea sympathiser as well, that says it all really

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

Dan Harwood wrote:

Always thought his Type night at The Cross was a poor mans Renaissance full of chavs. Sorry, Ed.

I don't think you need to be too sorry, it's not as if he actually went to them.

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

JA1980 wrote:
Dan Harwood wrote:

Always thought his Type night at The Cross was a poor mans Renaissance full of chavs. Sorry, Ed.

I don't think you need to be too sorry, it's not as if he actually went to them.

Threw the kitchen sink at a few of them.

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

Dan Harwood wrote:

I dont ever recall Renaissance ever holding a NYE party at Canvas? What year?

Can't remember the year but JZ and Dave Seaman played.

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

Dan Harwood wrote:

I dont ever recall Renaissance ever holding a NYE party at Canvas? What year?

2006.  Awful venue, awful crowd and the music wasn't too clever either.  I remember Zabiela being particularly torturous.

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

He's certainly changed his style

http://soundcloud.com/sebfontaine

Ditched the trendy sounds of old.

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

pete_tong_mad wrote:

Just bought a copy of Global Underground Prototype 4... Anyone got this? Thoughts?

don't have it; i assumed that it was a complete waist of time and $$. can't even begin to imagine how it sounds by today's standards. is seb fontaine still alive?

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

Unbroken1 wrote:

I got the impression he was searching for a style then, and still is now..

Nail. On. Head.

Think he loved the prog, but had to play to a trance crowd at Cream. Bar maybe Sasha or Van Dyke, anyone replacing Oakey at that time was doomed to failure.

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

Oh yes, I remember now. Not one of their better moves. The usual Renaissance crowd probably gave it a swerve as Canvas always attracted its fair share of wronguns.

Prog God

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

Amps wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

I got the impression he was searching for a style then, and still is now..

Nail. On. Head.

Think he loved the prog, but had to play to a trance crowd at Cream. Bar maybe Sasha or Van Dyke, anyone replacing Oakey at that time was doomed to failure.

I saw him when I was about 18 at BCM in Magaluf and he was playing full on trance but he switched to playing prog around the Type / Radio One years.

God knows what he is playing now at the sort of bookings he is getting.

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

http://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-000003408759-vwh6qf-crop.jpg?a9a4a49
lol, i see seb's rider called for two picnic coolers.

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

Dan Harwood wrote:

Oh yes, I remember now. Not one of their better moves. The usual Renaissance crowd probably gave it a swerve as Canvas always attracted its fair share of wronguns.

Yeah we should have known better really.  Canvas was never great, it never really shook off the Bagleys crowd.

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

There's a Type reunion planned

http://www.cargo-london.com/event/type- … b-fontaine

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

I think he may have held a Type night at Electric Social in Brixton a couple of months back?? I know he definitely played there though. No idea what he played though.

Prog God

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

i seem to remember him doing some kinda dj battle on channel 4 with Armand Van Helden,Peter Tong & Darren Emerson.........Emerson put them in the shade

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it'
Dogmong 2017

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

erik.b wrote:

There's a Type reunion planned

http://www.cargo-london.com/event/type- … b-fontaine

You did well to find that. He has no website of his own and RA list no uk dates for him.

Free entry b4 9pm I see. Worth a look?

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

Cargo is a decent venue.

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

pete_tong_mad wrote:
erik.b wrote:

There's a Type reunion planned

http://www.cargo-london.com/event/type- … b-fontaine

You did well to find that. He has no website of his own and RA list no uk dates for him.

Free entry b4 9pm I see. Worth a look?


i only saw it cos Phil Drummond posted it on Facebook about a week ago

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

Can't be bad for free. I do wonder how many actual old type goers will actually attend. Doesn't seem very well publicised.

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

zackster wrote:

waist of time

Pun intended?

He kind of continued the series (or at least the theme) on Perfecto for a while afterwards...

This was pretty good in fairness...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfecto-Presen … sim_m_h__2

BedRob voted out. He isn't a racist. But he IS a thicket.

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

Beijing Dave wrote:
zackster wrote:

waist of time

Pun intended?

no, it was a grammatical error.

Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

Beijing Dave wrote:
zackster wrote:

waist of time

Pun intended?

He kind of continued the series (or at least the theme) on Perfecto for a while afterwards...

This was pretty good in fairness...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfecto-Presen … sim_m_h__2

There was also this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Horizons-Mixed- … sim_m_h__2

and this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfecto-Presen … amp;sr=1-2

Last edited by pete_tong_mad (Saturday Jun 2012 14:57:38)