Re: Not long to go until the annual 'DJ Mag Top 100 is shit' thread.

John Says:

Singling out Germany's Timewarp Festival and the monthly Bedrock London residency at XOYO as 2012 highlights, he also sings the praises of Barcelona's El Row and Saturdays at Ibiza's Vista Club. "The costumes people are wearing and the overall vibe of the place is off the hook," he says.

He's still found time to beam his weekly Transitions radio show to over 14 million people in 50 countries, and put together the 14th Bedrock mix compilation.

"I think [2012] has been a great year for underground music and I think 2013 will be even better," he adds.

At least XOYO got a mention.

Bring it back!

Next year will be Gillactico's year. It's all about laying solid foundations.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

Next year Gillactico wont make the same mistake . Oh no. Next year he will just mix 6 records straight into one another. No fucking about, no edits and no mad effects and resisting the temptation to muddle it up like never before.
However next years winner will have layered 30 tracks into 30 minutes and each track will be his own edit with lots of effects and muddled beyond belief..

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT.

Last edited by Dermo (Sunday Oct 2012 15:41:45)

Part of the problem

It'll be Michael1123753627815371. The winning mix titled, "Forgot To Deploy My Chute and Broke My Pelvis Mix".

Legend.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

who the fuck are are all these acts/DJs!!?
i expect I'd know if i listed to Annie Mac's show

beatFREAK

beatfeen wrote:

who the fuck are are all these acts/DJs!!?
i expect I'd know if i listed to Annie Mac's show

PM me for answers chief..

Just had a look at the list.....top 30 is mainly trance, dubstep or commercial house. Not much room for the underground scene. It's an indication of the current state of the electronic music industry.

Personally, I'm kind of glad there's a clearly defined line between the commercial and underground scenes. I'd stop going to gigs if they were full of these ADHD kids, who need a new tune every minute to stay interested.

Sounds like a few on here are getting old and dont want to admit it. Some belting djs on the list.

I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was.
Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

- Grandpa Simpson.

...my Elektro-house pseudonym snuck into the top 20, you won't find me going on about it though

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

starcreeper wrote:

It'll be Michael1123753627815371. The winning mix titled, "Forgot To Deploy My Chute and Broke My Pelvis Mix".

Legend.

hahahaha!

Pricer wrote:

Just had a look at the list.....top 30 is mainly trance, dubstep or commercial house. Not much room for the underground scene. It's an indication of the current state of the electronic music industry.

Personally, I'm kind of glad there's a clearly defined line between the commercial and underground scenes. I'd stop going to gigs if they were full of these ADHD kids, who need a new tune every minute to stay interested.

There's sense in that.

If the DJMag top 100 was say 40% cheese crap and 60% underground, it would undermine those underground DJs who didn't make the chart through no fault of their own.

The fact the chart is nearly all pop dance, and features next to no DJs from the underground scene basically dismisses it's relevance. It has lead to a wave of opinion that it doesn't matter if your favourite DJ hasn't made the chart because the chart has no importance and has no reflection whatsoever on the DJ's talents or the apreciation of those talents.

Hope that makes sense.

And it makes no sense to keep banging on about this fucking list.

Might aswell start a thread about X-Factor while your at it.

Unbroken1 wrote:

...my Elektro-house pseudonym snuck into the top 20, you won't find me going on about it though

As most of the top 50 look like shaven headed psychos you could be any of them! ;-)

Pricer wrote:

Personally, I'm kind of glad there's a clearly defined line between the commercial and underground scenes.

+1

starcreeper wrote:

And it makes no sense to keep banging on about this fucking list.

+1

Nowt wrong with a bit o stadium sized trance from time to time.

.....tumbleweed.....

Muzika Dan@Ukiyo Dublin 24-5-14 by Dan (High-Soul Society)
http://soundcloud.com/dannyoliver72/dan … 14/s-cmShA

pete_tong_mad wrote:

He's still found time to beam his weekly Transitions radio show to over 14 million people

14 Million people? How did they arrive at that figure? Take the actual number of listeners and times it by 14,000?

smallman1 wrote:

Nowt wrong with a bit o stadium sized trance from time to time.

Judging by the demographic the majority of the readership of DJ mag are 16 year old Monster addicted Dutch kids

When did this poll ever mean anything, i dont see the point even ranting about it.

It meant something back in the day when our music was popular and the DJs we liked won.

It means everything to me.

DuFunk is a non-believer.

Presto wrote:

It meant something back in the day when our music was popular and the DJs we liked won.

And you couldn't buy votes or cheat so easily

http://www.djmag.com/news/detail/3573

This'll be why DJ Mag persevere with this crap, a money spinning tour of the USA