Topic: FAO Septics - Louis CK....

Was namedropped in Stewart Lee's article and now has a bit of guff in The Guardian about his sitcom which is not really a sitcom which they're showing on FX...

Is it worth my while checking him out or is this some sort of liberal media orchestrated version of Wiggy's MBB carry on?

The presence of Stanhope in the show  makes me think he may be worth a watch.

Re: FAO Septics - Louis CK....

I watched a couple of episodes, he starts out doing a stand-up routine and then gets involved in wacky situ's then goes back to a seedy club where he finishes with stand-up.

Okay if you're one of those who whoop and holler at comedian shows.

Hmmm.... have a look on the guardian, they make him out to be some sort of subversive comic genius who is here to challenge all our views on what comedy really "is". PR must be good.

Should have known that Stewart Lee's misanthropy would be closer to the truth....

Jim Jefferies' new show Legit is pretty damn good, judging by the pilot. Also on FX.

From what I've seen I think the show is pretty good. I don't think it's so subversive as it's a unique (to the US) format -- it's not really so "funny" as more wryly observant, almost like a set of short stories.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

The Everyman comedian and he rules. Check out his stand up before you get into the show. Kills it at live at the beacon - the one which he put on the Internet for $5. The early stuff from the show is really awkward but really funny. The last season was flawless. Get on it fad.

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

The Everyman comedian and he rules. Check out his stand up before you get into the show. Kills it at live at the beacon - the one which he put on the Internet for $5. The early stuff from the show is really awkward but really funny. The last season was flawless. Get on it fad.

Safe as Rhouses

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Louis CK is amazing. Probably my favourite comedian at the moment.

Here's a funny clip of him talking about rape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4hNaFkbZYU

Agreed. You should get on his standup stuff first.

I was happy to see him perform at the Chicago Theater in which he absolutely killed it. I find his show pretty funny and entertaining. Slabs description is pretty spot on.

Last edited by furry (Tuesday Jan 2013 14:43:47)

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

Was actually pretty funny, stand up was better than the sketches though, bit like Tramadol nights...

Here's a good interview with him where he talks about his show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfl1v3573w

C.K is probably the best yank comedian out there. Have never watched the show but would be interested in hearing how it turns out overall. Then I'll give it a shot. The clips of it on tv make it look really corny.

Big Fella wrote:

I watched a couple of episodes, he starts out doing a stand-up routine and then gets involved in wacky situ's then goes back to a seedy club where he finishes with stand-up.

attempted to watch it last night on Fox

turned over half way through

not funny in the slightest - a bit depressing even

Big shout out to all my septic friends and the man like "Safe As" for the information. Will check out that linkage at an opportune moment.

He basically acts out his jokes, probably because 75% of Yanks have no sense of humour and cannot follow a joke unless the chicken is crossing the road.

Oh and Vic saying he is the best Yank comedian - who is giving him a run for his money?

Harsh but fair.

shaunstrudwick wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

attempted to watch it last night on Fox

turned over half way through

not funny in the slightest - a bit depressing even

"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot."

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Louie CK on Carlin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R37zkizucPU

Just watched the feature length one where he is up for Letterman's show.... thought it was very good. More tragi-comic than lol of course but clever with it.

Good to see such decisive action being taken on the strength of recommendations.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

I can't think of one funny American.

Lewis Black.

Doug Stanhope

Bill Burr.

Slabs can be quite dry.

Bill Hicks

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

still stand by my original comment that this show is a load of pish

The funniest people in the world are the English.

Tru fax.