Re: The good TV thread...

Tin Star 7/10

Tim Roth saves this half decent revenge thriller.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it'
Dogmong 2017

Just finished the last episode of 'The sinner'...If you liked 'The night of' series then it's well worth watching..9/10

The Vietnam War on BBC4.

Cracking documentary which took years to put together. 2 episodes last night with a lot of history pre-war, getting into the war itself next week...  it's on player for those of you who were watching the director's cut of Fast & Furious 12.

fadass wrote:

The Vietnam War on BBC4.

Cracking documentary which took years to put together. 2 episodes last night with a lot of history pre-war, getting into the war itself next week...  it's on player for those of you who were watching the director's cut of Fast & Furious 12.

Love a good war doco. Been getting into WWII in Colour washed down with a few train beers of an evening. that Hitler was a right old jack the lad wasn't he? Proper lols at some of his antics.

------------
From a sliding glass door, through white curtains fluttering in the breeze, comes Bruno, Guetta's elegant manservant. The two exchange a few words in French, and Bruno re-emerges a few minutes later with salads.

Vietnam was my least favourite country in South East Asia.

Fucks given? Zero.

That Philip K Dick series on channel 4 is nothing short of twaddle.

Dogmong 2017

steelydan wrote:

That Philip K Dick series on channel 4 is nothing short of twaddle.

saw that advertised and immediately thought s to the werve

------------
From a sliding glass door, through white curtains fluttering in the breeze, comes Bruno, Guetta's elegant manservant. The two exchange a few words in French, and Bruno re-emerges a few minutes later with salads.

Blade Runner/Minority Report adapted well to the big screen, but these are just short stories that don’t cut it.

Dogmong 2017

anyone watch the new Star Trek last night?

Going to give it a try tonight. Not expecting much.

I did not like it Shaun. You'll probably love it.

shaunstrudwick wrote:

anyone watch the new Star Trek last night?

NO

Dogmong 2017

fadass wrote:

The Vietnam War on BBC4.

Cracking documentary which took years to put together. 2 episodes last night with a lot of history pre-war, getting into the war itself next week...

Noted.

Done the first three episodes of The Deuce - promising - classic David Simon feel to it - gritty and very character based with nothing much seeming to actually happen and then before you know it you'll be invested...

...bit late to the party but really fucking enjoyed S3 of Narcos.

Probably helped by the fact that, enjoyable as they were, I had a fair idea of where S1 & 2 were headed and wasn't really clued-up on how post-Escobar/Cali events played-out. Terrific understated performance from the fella that played Jorge too.
Only disappointment was that Shea Wigham's (Nucky's brother Eli from 'Boardwalk..') appearance was so fleeting, one of the best around that needs a lead part sharpish IMO.

So gutted when I'd finished it I dived straight into El Chapo...

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Agreed on all fronts mate.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

...got me sidetracked watching Boardwalk clips now, really miss that series.

How fucking great was Eli?

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

I have done an 'Eli' on a few Mondays over the past 18 months.

Complete capitulation.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Loved Boardwalk. Best character was:

http://geekmundo.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Gyp_Rosetti_asphyxia.jpg

Getting his gas turned off there lol

------------

smallman1 wrote:

Vietnam was my least favourite country in South East Asia.

Great country.And the doco. is excellent.

Im afraid the best character without question, was this gentleman.

Nothing says 'Im sorry' like money

http://www.tabletmag.com/wp-content/files_mf/stuhlbarg620.jpg

Last edited by seanc80 (Friday Sep 2017 10:42:32)

yeah, he was great too.

Not sure Boardwalk didn't get more love. I thought it was top tier telly throughout.

------------

seanc80 wrote:

That guy - Michael Sturlberg I think - was so obsessive over his character in BE, he read literally everything he could get his hands on about him and started helping the writers out with how the real person he's based on would have behaved / what he would have said etc and the writers basically let him write his own part as he knew more then they did.

Fact o' the day.

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

...you can't mention Arnold Rothstein without citing his off-screen death as one of the biggest cop-outs in recent TV history (alongside the Sopranos 'ending'). A tragedy the final series was so rushed, had it been given the full 12 eps. I'm sure it would have stood up to the rest.

Agree Millsy... stupendously good and underrated. Series 3 (Gyp Rosetti/Luciano), and 4 (Narcisse/Chalky) are fucking stupendous.

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Wally wrote:
seanc80 wrote:

That guy - Michael Sturlberg I think - was so obsessive over his character in BE, he read literally everything he could get his hands on about him and started helping the writers out with how the real person he's based on would have behaved / what he would have said etc and the writers basically let him write his own part as he knew more then they did.

Fact o' the day.

He was also the best part of season 3 of Fargo.