Re: The good TV thread...

MattBlack wrote:
Diminished Responsibility wrote:

After watching True Detective, it'll be very very hard to enjoy Sherlock ever again. Pisses all over it.

Ive downloaded it to watch so if its rubbish im blaming you Rhouses

Where did you download it from Matt ??

Filed under Reg

Re: The good TV thread...

La Nausee wrote:

Killing off Harrelson in the third episode was genius and the big fire at the end and then it was all a dream sequence? Great TV. And the plane crash. Wow.


I started watching this excellent show a couple of nights ago, so if this turns out to be a genuine spoiler you're FUCKING DEAD NAUS.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The good TV thread...

New season of House of Cards started up again. It's top quality.

Re: The good TV thread...

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
La Nausee wrote:

Killing off Harrelson in the third episode was genius and the big fire at the end and then it was all a dream sequence? Great TV. And the plane crash. Wow.


I started watching this excellent show a couple of nights ago, so if this turns out to be a genuine spoiler you're FUCKING DEAD NAUS.

I lied about the plane crash.

Re: The good TV thread...

La Nausee wrote:
flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
La Nausee wrote:

Killing off Harrelson in the third episode was genius and the big fire at the end and then it was all a dream sequence? Great TV. And the plane crash. Wow.


I started watching this excellent show a couple of nights ago, so if this turns out to be a genuine spoiler you're FUCKING DEAD NAUS.

I lied about the plane crash.

*Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - loads up episode three and tries to keep an open mind...*

* (chuckles anyway) *

Re: The good TV thread...

Glad to know le naus is as stoned as I am when watching tv.

Re: The good TV thread...

Currently working my way through the first season of Homeland.

Not bad at all, but heard that season 2 is a bit of a let down by comparison.

Keen to give House of Cards a go next and looking forward to True Detective starting this weekend.

Re: The good TV thread...

Just caught up to date with True Detective today. Awesome show, right up my alley.

McConaughy is in the zone. He's about to go stratospheric with the new Nolan sci-fi gig he's nailed on for. Nolan's a shitter, but Matthew will save the day. Guys named Matthew always do.

Why wait for this weekend Yant? It's all over the web - get involved, be ahead of the game. Force The Joneses to keep up with you.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The good TV thread...

My hectic schedule usually doesn't allow me to watch it when it actually airs anyway, Flaresy.  Sky+ has been a godsend.

Interstellar is the Nolan movie you're referring to.  And yes, it looks good.

Re: The good TV thread...

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Nolan's a shitter

care to expand Flarsey?

Memento and Inception were both ingenious films that we hadn't seen before IMO

check out my hearthis.at page

i'm too old for this shit

Re: The good TV thread...

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Matthew will save the day. Guys named Matthew always do.

.

Matthew wright?

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

Re: The good TV thread...

Matthew Kelly?

Re: The good TV thread...

For ingenious, see pretentious.

Awful dialogue fail.
Plot holes fail.
Absurd logic fail.
Exposition fail.
Lightweight, unconvincing fight sequence fail.
Pacing fail.
Emotional intelligence fail.

The most overrated director in Hollywood off what was, admittedly, a very thought provoking movie at the time (Memento). However, where Memento shares a similar trope of skewed time perspective to a movie like, say, Pulp Fiction, if you ran Memento in the correct sequence it would be a borefest, whereas Pulp Fiction would still be a rollicking gangster flick with a fantastic script and entertaining characters.

I've been very excited for both Inception and Prometheus and felt massively let down. It's becoming a pattern, and not a good one.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The good TV thread...

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

For ingenious, see pretentious.

Awful dialogue fail.
Plot holes fail.
Absurd logic fail.
Exposition fail.
Lightweight, unconvincing fight sequence fail.
Pacing fail.
Emotional intelligence fail.

The most overrated director in Hollywood off what was, admittedly, a very thought provoking movie at the time (Memento). However, where Memento shares a similar trope of skewed time perspective to a movie like, say, Pulp Fiction, if you ran Memento in the correct sequence it would be a borefest, whereas Pulp Fiction would still be a rollicking gangster flick with a fantastic script and entertaining characters.

I've been very excited for both Inception and Prometheus and felt massively let down. It's becoming a pattern, and not a good one.

went to see 'prometheus'  directors cut at a special showing around london bridge ,the sidings..  dry ice ,free booze etc, and i would class it as a modern great.

the finest, left of center ,absorbing mini tv series i have ever seen was 'red riding' child abduction/sex abuse/the ripper/ in the 1970's . very  very fucking harrowing but with a ending that leaves you breathless..not for people who enjoy the end of 'love actually'.

written by david peace , the gadge who wrote 'the damned utd'

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Thursday Feb 2014 09:52:22)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

Re: The good TV thread...

I so need to watch that Red Riding...missed it first time around. Looked boss.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The good TV thread...

Irreversible is the daddy of skewed time perspective.

Re: The good TV thread...

Red Riding's superb.

Prometheus is an abomination of a film.

Re: The good TV thread...

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

I so need to watch that Red Riding...missed it first time around. Looked boss.

you'll love it flares...david morrisey and paddy considine are insanely good.

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

Re: The good TV thread...

Nolan had nothing to do with Prometheus.

Re: The good TV thread...

Big Fella wrote:

Nolan had nothing to do with Prometheus.

i saw it here, perhaps that, the booze and dry ice clouded my judgement.


http://www.residentadvisor.net/images/c … ehouse.jpg

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

Re: The good TV thread...

EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Nolan had nothing to do with Prometheus.

i saw it here, perhaps that, the booze and dry ice clouded my judgement.


http://www.residentadvisor.net/images/c … ehouse.jpg


I didn't mind it Glenn, nowhere near as bad as people made out IMHO.

Re: The good TV thread...

Big Fella wrote:

Nolan had nothing to do with Prometheus.


I stand corrected. Don't know where the fuck that came from. Must be the meds. Let down of a film, although Noomi Rapace with no clothes on did get my pecker twitching.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The good TV thread...

Agreed about Inception, what a load of tripe.

Re: The good TV thread...

Prometheus was excellent. But not to do with Nolan as stated.

I enjoyed Inception and Momento. All three Batman movies were superb.

Re: The good TV thread...

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Just caught up to date with True Detective today. Awesome show, right up my alley.

McConaughy is in the zone. He's about to go stratospheric with the new Nolan sci-fi gig he's nailed on for.

True Detective is ok in my humble - McConaughey is the best thing about it by some distance.

No idea about the 'new Nolan sci-fi gig' but the best thing McConaughey, or anybody else that I've seen for that matter, has done recently is Dallas Buyers Club.